• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't think he ever did. The only way Lysandre could know is if he's been watching the League.

I kinda like that Ash is meeting him now, if only to up the stakes later. Lysandre is no longer a faceless individual to the main cast. They're meeting him now (or at least Ash is) and it should make any confrontation between them later quite interesting. What we do know, however, is that clearly from the beginning the League and Flare were always meant to be intertwined in this way, like one was just a part of the other rather than its own thing. Could explain quite a bit...

wow i've been watching under the impression that team flare knew all about ash-greninja due to Alain, but tbf I never watched the subs, I only watched it raw when it came out and haven't caught up with the subs :p

So I really think Lysandre will ask Ash a lot of really weird questions too potentially. I bet Lysandre will almost want to study Greninja and Ash and how they create theyre own energy or wa=hatever.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I don't think we see another cameo appear of a female companion in Kalos in my opinion. Maybe show us that the companion is watching the league on TV but it has gotten really late in the Kalos saga. Possible for it to happen - yes but it depends on the writers and the kind of episode that would be suitable for the previous companion. I prefer not to see a previous companion this time especially if they are breaking patterns this region.

Anyway, if Marin is showing up then that would be interesting and I wonder how she would react when she sees Clemont's Chespin.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
It would be sufficient to me something like the battle vs Katie (hoenn league), where at the beginning Delia, Misty, Oak and Tracey watch Ash on TV. It is even not necessary to bring their voice actors.

This was something I considered as well, the Master Class cameos did this too.

Whether it actually happens is a different story.

Navin

MALDREAD
Still have no idea WHY XY is like this as its just rather annoying and EVERY SERIES BEFORE THIS (EVEN BW) has had past refrences. They won't even allow Iris to come back, it's confusing as it is maddening

It's almost as if they wanted to completely shun BW, and since it might be odd to have OS-DP references without BW, they decided to make XY completely self-contained. Of course, this is beyond ridiculous, so I hope S&M will bring back old characters and Pokémon.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Still have no idea WHY XY is like this as its just rather annoying and EVERY SERIES BEFORE THIS (EVEN BW) has had past refrences. They won't even allow Iris to come back, it's confusing as it is maddening

Shhh, they may overhear!

Jokes aside, I admit it's very bizarre that they have so few references. The last truly relevant reference I remember is Piplup. And after that, all continuity was contained into XY and XY&Z.

But hey, the next games will celebrate the 20th anniversary of Pokémon, and if the games will have some references to the older games then there could be a chance that the anime will follow suit and have more references. However, who knows? Perhaps that's their attempt of (very) soft reset or something akin to that.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Never got to fight Reshiram...

That was an awesome between Infernape and Entei wasn't it?

But maybe I shouldn't be too surprised by the lack of references although I do wish Ash had at least talked to Professor Oak sometime in XY or XYZ.

But nice to see Lysandre again!

Epicocity

Any ideas on how Chespin gets lost at the league? Maybe forgot the way back to Clemont due to the size of the stadium?

This is Chespin. He smells food, he wanders off, he gets lost. He's dumber than one could ever imagine. I essentially see the flow of the episode like this:

Chespin Lost.
Chespin Found.
Chespin Not Alone.

Cue plot stuff.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Let's keep the discussion about the future anime series to a minimum and focus on this episode's main content. So.... do you think Ash will learn about Alain's involvement with Team Flare in this episode?

Janovy

Banned
FINALLY they meet Mairin. I hope she tells them everything about Alain.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
So it is Mairin who finds Chespin. She seems to be hanging around the group for a little bit.

Alain talking to Malva, about...?

Soniman

Break the Limit
Oh God what is happening.

It looks like Manon doesn't even see Alan at all, and what of Chespie?

Xuxuba

Oh God what is happening.

It looks like Manon doesn't even see Alan at all, and what of Chespie?

How do you expect them to show everything on a 10 seconds preview though? There is still a huge chance Manon will meet Alain there. After all, that's probably the reason why she went there in the first place.

Regarding Manon's chespin, i think it's better for you to not expect his return. In the last episode he appeared, he couldn't even open his eyes, let alone leave the bed.

Soniman

Break the Limit
You have to admit though it's a little worrisome that Manon would leave Chespie's side for a tournament she could've watched on the telly. They better have a decent explanation for why that is

RickHoenn

Banned
Thank God this is an important episode and not in any way like that worthless, disgusting Axew filler in the previous unnamed league...

Alain talking with Malva, ABOUT WHAT!? o_O Mairin meeting with Ash & co. and Ash meeting with Lysandre! *.* omg this looks pretty packed and it seems at the end of the episode the final battle vs. Alain begins, CANNOT WAIT!!! My hype is way too high...

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
You have to admit though it's a little worrisome that Manon would leave Chespie's side for a tournament she could've watched on the telly. They better have a decent explanation for why that is

Well, maybe Chespie has been transferred to the Lumiose Pokémon Center upon request of Mairin, so that she could go see Alain and support him. Besides, just because someone is sick, it doesn't mean that she has to spend 24/7 to stay close to her Chespie. There are hospital visiting hours, after all, so Mairin could have easily gone to meet Alain while the doctors and nurses are checking on him.

Xuxuba

You have to give her a little rest, she probably spent all her time with Chespin until now and there's nothing she can do right now to make him feel better.

Besides, she knows people who have fast ways of traveling (Lysandre and Steven), so she can return to Chespin's side in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.