• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameman

Still it would be a total waste. What good what an episode like that do when we already know everything we need to know about both Ash and Alan's motives and goals?

We're heading into the Flare Climax. If this has to do with Flare, then this episode will be worth it for that alone. A part of me even thinks they wanted to do this for Axew Gets Lost last Gen, but the change of Plasma forced the writers to change the idea to what we got. This just seems similar enough to Axew Gets Lost that I think this as a possbility.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Still it would be a total waste. What good what an episode like that do when we already know everything we need to know about both Ash and Alan's motives and goals?

Its not about progress plot its about building tension for as long as possible. Make you keep tuning in to see if this will be it. And yes having a filler between eps works you may want to think it would make people so mad they stop watching but no that's not true at all. Pokemon knows how to market it self its how the show stayed on for as long as it has.

ShadowForce720

Its not about progress plot its about building tension for as long as possible. Make you keep tuning in to see if this will be it. And yes having a filler between eps works you may want to think it would make people so mad they stop watching but no that's not true at all. Pokemon knows how to market it self its how the show stayed on for as long as it has.

Except given the fact that Tomioka is the one whose writing this episode I think it's safe to say that this episode won't be a filler given that all the other episodes he has written for X&Y and the Mega Evolution Acts weren't filler and had some importance to the plot and moving the story forward.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Am I the only one thinking Blazekin man is who he runs into?? I mean it would make sense given the location.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Am I the only one thinking Blazekin man is who he runs into?? I mean it would make sense given the location.

Limone, Lys, Professor Platane, Manon, who else could there be. I guess Limone would make the most sense, he's severely due for an appearance and the league is televised.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Except given the fact that Tomioka is the one whose writing this episode I think it's safe to say that this episode won't be a filler given that all the other episodes he has written for X&Y and the Mega Evolution Acts weren't filler and had some importance to the plot and moving the story forward.

If this does turn out to be something important I will be more then happy to eat my own words. But just don't be upset if this does turn out to be nothing more then tension break episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What's interesting to me is, that Lumiose City is in a frenzy because of the league happening. Well of course, they've seen all the battles, we haven't...

But in seriousness.. This seems like a set-up for the Team Flare-arc. Lumiose City, is going to get caught offguard with the league acting as a diversion, if I'm reading that summary right.

This "someone" better be TF related. Otherwise it's a total waste of an episode

It better be. If it's just Malva and Team Rocket, I'm going to be pissed.

By the way, the episode is written by Tomioka.

Good, lets hope he doesn't start producing fillers now.

If the Flare climax starts in this episode, what does that mean for Ash vs Alain?

Postponement?

In the order, I can see:
-Kalos League's Excitement
-Chespin gets lost (during this excitement)
-Chespin gets found by Alain
-Chespin gets reunited with Clemont and Alain gets reminded of Mairin's Chespin
-Alain smiles (Upcoming episodes preview showed) and walks away.
-Final Battle begins, Ash vs Alain!

The problem with this is that aside from the final line, they could've done this earlier. Which meant that we could've seen more clipshow moments (I'm not asking for much here) from the Top32 (beginning of episode) and Top16 battles (towards the end of the episode) if this episode happened in between XYZ32 and XYZ33. Alan doesn't want to fight Ash because of his goal to help Chespie, he just finds Ash-Greninja an interesting concept and wants to know the full potential, so Alan remembering Chespie when seeing Chespin wouldn't boost his excitement to beat Ash much.

So an episode that takes away from the battles only to showcase Alan's ongoing resolve to help Chespie simply isn't going to cut it.

Just remember people in this anime the power of friendship plots will always be prioritized over epic action battles and if that means they want to have a ep in between the league fights to remind you of that they will. Remember season 1 did this during the league to so this is not a new thing.

But that was still nothing as bad as "Getting lost at the League". It was Team Rocket hijacking the League by stealing all the pokémon, or it was Team Rocket kidnapping Ash (which lead to Ash losing to Richie due to not having a fit Pidgeotto anymore). Both had at least an effect on the progression of the league, instead of being a random episode where a pokémon gets lost.

JoaquinLorie

What odd placement for this episode. Right between semis and finals.

I think the title implies that Finals start in this episode, thats why it says fierce fighting. I find the title weird not mentioning alain or ash though, and of course episode 37 cant be revealed prolly too many spoilers.

What odd placement for this episode. Right between semis and finals.

It's not odd.

As a writer I understand that these kind of episodes are neccesary to establish the thought process of these deep characters. It's very important to understand where they are coming from

Besides we've seen enough battles. Now is the time for character development. I think it's best to just skip the final entirely.

Janovy

Banned
AAAAAND here is the first Flare ep before the League gets interrupted.

Though I find it ****ing hilarious that after people *****ing about Axew getting lost we have Chespin geting lost.

diakyu

Oh boy does this have "setting up team Flare to interrupt Ash vs Alain" written all over it, especially with who is writing the episode.

Last edited:
I hope thats a joke

No, Ash is already established as a strong trainer in Kalos. Why should they show his league battles at all. We know he's strong. Just telling us he wins is enough I think.

It's more important to develop his character now. I understand the writers point of view in this because I myself am a writer.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
No, Ash is already established as a strong trainer in Kalos. Why should they show his league battles at all. We know he's strong. Just telling us he wins is enough I think.

It's more important to develop his character now. I understand the writers point of view in this because I myself am a writer.

Uhhhh.....this is the league and everything is built up to this. You're supposed to have the character development through the series, not have it at the end. This is supposed to be the climax where we see everything ash worked for up until this point. This is the place were we want to see the battles more than anything.

nameman

Wow. You REALLY can't accept other people's views, can you? Do you really think this sarcasm of yours is working? All you're doing is embarrassing yourself with this attitude.

Back on topic, I just hope this isn't a disaster like the last one.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I always wonder when they would have a breather episode. A six on six battle divided into two parts is one. But two back to back full battles against Ash's biggest rivals (and likely divided into two parts each at least) would be quite overwhelming without some air to breathe. After all, Alain is no Tobias at this point. He will be a central character to the Team Flare arc. And speaking of Team Flare, looks like the seeds of that arc finally being planted. Hmmm, maybe Chespin stumbled upon Team Flare's secret meeting or may accidentally lead Malva to Squishy. As for interruption, I cannot say for sure. But I do know that whatever the case may be, Ash will defeat Alain one way or another.

Wow. You REALLY can't accept other people's views, can you? Do you really think this sarcasm of yours is working? All you're doing is embarrassing yourself with this attitude.

Back on topic, I just hope this isn't a disaster like the last one.

What do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.