• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Still, who could he be talking to?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
There is also the chance he's not talking to anybody and he's rewatching the scene where he cried...and lost...so he's crying again while trying to study what went wrong.

This would seem perfectly in character. I just wished they developed the league as his dream more.

EvanUn0

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but Sceptile's face is perfect, oh my gosh! It looks like he's trying to convey that look of "Now, ya see Sawyer, you messed up. Stop whining about it and move on." or "I am disappointed at you. Look at me. Look at my disapproving face, boy!"

neokumamon

Akward, but powerful
I've been getting back into the anime since Ash actually has a chance of winning the league this time, but I have a few questions. First, is there a way to watch episodes broadcast live online or do you just have to wait for someone to upload them to YouTube? Second, if I can watch them live, what site/program should I use? Thirdly, what time are episodes aired? Sorry if this gets asked a lot, but I read the rules and frequently asked questions and couldn't find anything that helped. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I take it that Sawyer, Trevor, Tierno and Ash's friends will be watching the final match? No doubt they all be rooting for Ash.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Sceptile reminds me of the transformers one face wonder for all the reactions.

STICKTOPIA

Well, justified league break episode with SOMETHING plot-relevant happening in it is upon us.

Let's all get ready for "Fierce Crying at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Tears!!"
I'm with you! Can't wait to see this episode!

Epicocity

You know, maybe it's just me, but quite honestly I like the fact that they're showing guys crying after losing something that is considered their dream. The girls in the Master Class were one thing; but this is totally different, and a little refreshing to see.

Epicocity

Fair point. But the least Sawyer could do is to show sportmanship about taking his loss well.

He did, though. He shook Ash's hand and retained composure on the field. Crying off the field is natural. His one dream was beating Ash...and he failed when it mattered most. Anyone would cry after that. That's not taking his loss badly at all.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Fair point. But the least Sawyer could do is to show sportmanship about taking his loss well.

Well, he isn't crying in front of anyone. He's alone with Sceptile and considering how far they've come since first traveling in Kalos it would be pretty heart breaking for anyone to lose after all that time growing stronger to beat their idol...

Crying in that situation is a pretty natural human reaction... not unsportsmanlike at all. It's not like Sawyer was being resentful or angry at Ash.

And sorry, but I really dislike the phrase "man up", it just feels so insensitive and dismissive. Plus, it feeds into the poor mentality that for some reason, boys have to be tough all the time and aren't allowed to cry...

Last edited:

Amine

Ash did cry after losing to ritchie. But later on it has become normal for him to lose at the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.