• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be more smarter when the next episode title is revealed.

You're right. I'm rooting for an episode with Blaziken mask before they dive into the Flare climax. Might be some nice character development for Clemont and Bonnie

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
I'm thinking that perhaps the final with Alain VS Ash will begin in the previous episode, that way we still have time to show other things off in this episode. It's possible given that the other battle (Ash VS Sawer) is a two parter. however doing that might seem rushed and ending that episode Ash mid battling Alain.

DSDark

Breeder
Can we definitely chalk this league up as the worst one ever. They completely skip all the way through ash's battles until the semi-finals. Then when we finally get a ash battle right after it we get this crap.

Can we definitely chalk this league up as the worst one ever. They completely skip all the way through ash's battles until the semi-finals. Then when we finally get a ash battle right after it we get this crap.

Sigh...

It's called character development!

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Okay, new episode revealed. What can I see happening?

1. Mairin returns. With Ash V. Alain likely to be the finals, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Mairin show up to cheer Alain on, especially if she asks Lysandre for permission to go. He could probably attend, too.
2. Team Flare plot build-up. Obviously, this episode should center around the build-up to the finals between Ash and Alain. But with this episode giving us a break from battles, I expect to see what Team Flare's endgame is, probably utilizing Z2 in order to do whatever.
3. Alain's full team. Not likely, but it'd be nice to see Ash get a look at Alain's Pokemon before the final battle in order to come up with a strategy.

Lastly, I can expect a final scene of Ash just getting dressed at the crack of dawn, reaching out to the sun and declaring that he'll do his best to win. I wish they'd reveal the next few episode titles, since this is starting to get painful to see people bash the League even when it hasn't finished itself up yet.

Not looking forward to dman_dustin's take on this...

Okay, new episode revealed. What can I see happening?

1. Mairin returns. With Ash V. Alain likely to be the finals, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Mairin show up to cheer Alain on, especially if she asks Lysandre for permission to go. He could probably attend, too.
2. Team Flare plot build-up. Obviously, this episode should center around the build-up to the finals between Ash and Alain. But with this episode giving us a break from battles, I expect to see what Team Flare's endgame is, probably utilizing Z2 in order to do whatever.
3. Alain's full team. Not likely, but it'd be nice to see Ash get a look at Alain's Pokemon before the final battle in order to come up with a strategy.

Lastly, I can expect a final scene of Ash just getting dressed at the crack of dawn, reaching out to the sun and declaring that he'll do his best to win. I wish they'd reveal the next few episode titles, since this is starting to get painful to see people bash the League even when it hasn't finished itself up yet.

Not looking forward to dman_dustin's take on this...

Well at least we'll have something to read. ;)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Can we definitely chalk this league up as the worst one ever.

Like i have been saying lets wait until the End of the League, before we come to a conclusion.

No need to keep banging our heads with each other (by jumping into conclusion), when we don't even have a complete picture of things that are going to happen.

Grey Wind

Hahaha I can't believe we're getting a Chespin gets lost episode. Since it's actually plot related I'm not too bothered, but I hope we get to see some of Alain vs Remo and the start of Ash and Alain's battle here.

Like i have been saying lets wait until the End of the League, before we come to a conclusion.

No need to keep banging our heads with each other (by jumping into conclusion), when we don't even have a complete picture of things that are going to happen.

You're right. What kind of league would this be without some character development.

The battles don't really matter imho.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Though its a really long shot, "Gather, All of My Passion!!" part in the title, could possibly refer to Ash calling in all of his Reserves from Oak and having a meet and selection with them for the Final's.

The reason maybe why this part isn't mentioned in the summary, is to keep it spoiler free. Maybe that Chespin getting lost part in the summary is also for that reason, to keep the summary spoiler free, on the result of Ash Vs Sawyer match.

PkmnTrainerV

The Fire Master
I think it's gonna go like this...

1. Celebration of going into finals for Ash. Sawyer's Goodbye, a short talk between Greninja and Sceptile, and they become friends.

2. In the middle of the commotion, Chespin is lost, and meets the someone accidentally.. It could be Mairin (mistaking chespin for Chespie, chaos goes on), Lysandre (Chespin could make him meat Ash and Co., and he would see Squishy), Alain (Alain would remember his true motive of restore Chespie's health) etc.

3. Chespin is found and Ash and Co. meet the 'someone'.

4. Alain's semifinal battle could be shown in bits.

5. At night, Ash could remember all his time in Kalos, all his Kalos Pokemon, Pikachu, Ash-Greninja, Gym Badges, Sawyer, Alain, the 'Someone', his previous leagues, his previous rivals, his high league rank etc. This explains the title "...Gather, All of My Passion!!"

6. The scene could be skipped to the morning, and beginning of the finals.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
You're right. What kind of league would this be without some character development.

The battles don't really matter imho.

You know, you are starting to sound just like my Father (who is 65 years old).

When someone doesn't listen to what he says and counter his arguments, he starts acting just like you are doing now.

You know, you are starting to sound just like my Father (who is 65 years old).

When someone doesn't listen to what he says and counter his arguments, he starts acting just like you are doing now.

I'm not sure what you mean...

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It's hilarious how dramatic people are being about this episode being a "filler in the middle of the league", when in reality there's nothing that points towards it being a filler at all..

NeoDude-5000

Lost in the League 2.0, oh Chespin what are we going to do with you... But it's good to have a intermission episode and more Chespin high-jinks It's my favourite of the 3 starters in Kalos (character-wise Ash's Greninja is better) so that's why I'm not like "Oh Arceus..."

I think it's gonna go like this...

1. Celebration of going into finals for Ash. Sawyer's Goodbye, a short talk between Greninja and Sceptile, and they become friends.

2. In the middle of the commotion, Chespin is lost, and meets the someone accidentally.. It could be Mairin (mistaking chespin for Chespie, chaos goes on), Lysandre (Chespin could make him meat Ash and Co., and he would see Squishy), Alain (Alain would remember his true motive of restore Chespie's health) etc.

3. Chespin is found and Ash and Co. meet the 'someone'.

4. Alain's semifinal battle could be shown in bits.

5. At night, Ash could remember all his time in Kalos, all his Kalos Pokemon, Pikachu, Ash-Greninja, Gym Badges, Sawyer, Alain, the 'Someone', his previous leagues, his previous rivals, his high league rank etc. This explains the title "...Gather, All of My Passion!!"

6. The scene could be skipped to the morning, and beginning of the finals.

I do see the episode playing out like that.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
See's the title for the first time: "They'd better f****** not, they wouldn't would they?"

See's that it's a Tomioka episode: Oh thank god...

I have hope.

I'm going to guess that Team Flare/Lysandre might be involved with this? This may be a hint to the eventual Team Flare build up. I'd hope to see Ash vs. Alain start at this episode, finish the next episode, and then at the very end of the next episode, the potential TF interruption and take over begins and we transition the Team Flare arc.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I always wonder when they would have a breather episode. A six on six battle divided into two parts is one. But two back to back full battles against Ash's biggest rivals (and likely divided into two parts each at least) would be quite overwhelming without some air to breathe. After all, Alain is no Tobias at this point. He will be a central character to the Team Flare arc. And speaking of Team Flare, looks like the seeds of that arc finally being planted. Hmmm, maybe Chespin stumbled upon Team Flare's secret meeting or may accidentally lead Malva to Squishy. As for interruption, I cannot say for sure. But I do know that whatever the case may be, Ash will defeat Alain one way or another.

Hoenn didn't have a breather episode and it had three back to back full battles.

Alan is like Tobias. He swept the entire region using just Mega Charizard X, like how Tobias swept the entire region with just Darkrai. They also both have an extremely powerful Psychic-type backing them up. Yes, Alan has a function in the story to come, but in this league arc, he's exactly the same as Tobias.

That's actually a good idea. I don't think the "seeds are finally being planted", they have been for quite some time, but Chespin stumbling into Malva, only for Bonnie to show up with Squishy popping out of her bag, would probably kick the plot off in a very drastic way. Lysandre would be nice, but it's easy to see how Malva has been set-up to do something here at the Kalos League. The episode summary also states that Lumiose City is excited beyond compare. This makes for a good time for Team Flare to catch it off guard as the league is a major distraction.

Ahahaha, ah, the excuses. Naturally, every mistake XY makes will have some sort of excuse, even if it's a ridiculous as 'BUT XY IS BETTER!!'

That being said, this won't be a filler since Tomioka is writing it.

It's the last bit of hope I have.

I'd still call the Unova League the worst. This league, aside from giving us just two battles from Ash (unless you want to count vs. Tomo and Astrid. I sure don't), will at least give us one decent full battle from the looks of it, and Ash vs. Alan has the potential to be okay (better if we knew more of Alan's team). It's ridiculously sad that Unova's best battle for Ash was Ash vs. Stephan.

Think about it, we see the first decent battle in the semi-finals, in this league, that means Ash has defeated four trainers and twelve pokémon in total, yet out of those twelve, we only saw him defeating an Altaria in a 1HKO and Astrid's Absol - which was still a regular Absol until a fraction before the finishing blow, so we can't even say that Hawlucha fought against Mega Absol. In any case, we've missed Ash KO'ing ten pokémon. And yet, I still rank this league higher then Unova (we only saw him KO nine pokémon there).

Though its a really long shot, "Gather, All of My Passion!!" part in the title, could possibly refer to Ash calling in all of his Reserves from Oak and having a meet and selection with them for the Final's.

The reason maybe why this part isn't mentioned in the summary, is to keep it spoiler free. Maybe that Chespin getting lost part in the summary is also for that reason, to keep the summary spoiler free, on the result of Ash Vs Sawyer match.

It's probably just Ash getting all hyped for the finals and having a random battle against someone, like the Furfrou-dude. Ash said he could've called in someone from Oak without a hitch, but wanted to fight with his Kalos-team. Reserves aren't happening.

And maybe the conclusion to Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Sceptile happens in this episode, and the previous one ends with a cliffhanger.

I'm not sure what you mean...

Probably the verbal sludge you keep posting after each and every post.

It's hilarious how dramatic people are being about this episode being a "filler in the middle of the league", when in reality there's nothing that points towards it being a filler at all..

A tangentally similar episode summary to Axew gets Lost gets on peoples nerves alright. Tomioka writing this and the mention of "someone" are the only things that stop me from going into pitchfork mode.

Navin

MALDREAD
It's perfectly reasonable to have an episode between the semifinals and finals. This will give Ash time to reflect on his journey. Hopefully, he'll talk about how his performances in previous regions, and how this is the farthest he has ever gotten. Obviously, Chespin is going to run into either Lysandre or Manon, and foreshadow the Team Flare climax. The episode titles after this one are key.

Are we still going to get more episode titles released soon when the magazine gets released, or is this it for the rest of this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.