• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.N.

Should just stop replying to Inferno, he's been throwing a fit for hours because of a line of argument one guy made in one other thread.

I found it on demshinypokeballs tumblr. It's mostly text and all of one picture.

Alright I looked it up- it seems like it's a picture attached to all 3 summaries we got (rather than one picture for each summary), so maybe that screenshot isn't from this episode at all? Perhaps someone more familiar with NewType magazine layout could chip in?

Epicocity

Alright I looked it up- it seems like it's a picture attached to all 3 summaries we got (rather than one picture for each summary), so maybe that screenshot isn't from this episode at all? Perhaps someone more familiar with NewType magazine layout could chip in?

I'm not familiar at all, but it seemed closest to the summary dated 8/4 so I just kind of assumed.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The someone is AZ, calling it. Who else can it be? Marin and Lysandre have a nice chance, but anyway. Can't wait!

Edit: Whoops, I meant Mairin, damn you Marin!

Should just stop replying to Inferno, he's been throwing a fit for hours because of a line of argument one guy made in one other thread.

If you have nothing to say about the content of my posts and are just telling people to ignore me, can you please stop talking about me? Thank you.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
So, I've seen a lot of people saying this might be filler. But, I don't think it is, but instead it is an episode to build up Ash vs Alain while also planting seeds for Team Flare.

I think it'll play out something like this:

-Opens with Ash and his friends celebrating his victory over Sawyer. Ash mentions this is the furthest he has ever gotten in a League before and is excited that he's facing Alain in the final battle. Ash says he needs to prepare for the battle and walks off with his pokemon to talk with them/think of a strategy.

-As they celebrate, Chespin walks off due to smelling some food. Bonnie notices that Chespin is gone after a few minutes and tells Clemont and Serena. They decide to not disturb Ash and go looking themselves

-Elsewhere, Alain is on the phone talking to Mairin who still seems happy and tells Alain that Chespie is doing better. (He's exactly the same though) She then wishes him luck before hanging up. Alain vows to win for her and Chespie as he walks away from the phone.

-Alain then overhears a commotion which is caused by Chespin. They run into each other and he picks it up. At the same time, Ash, who had taken a walk enters the scene where he sees Chespin. He thanks Alain, but wonders what Chespin is doing over here. The two then talk about their upcoming match where they both promise this will be the best battle they've both been in.

-Skips to night time where Ash is with his Kalos team. Talks about how all their hard work got them to this point and that without them they wouldn't be in the championship aganist alain and how together they'll accomplish their goal of winning the Kalos League. They cry out in agreement before zooming in on the sky.

-Transitions to the stadium where the duo are introduced and the fight begins.

This way, it can show what both trainers' passions are while also having an interaction between the two trainers before the fight begins. Besides, most of what I wrote could be finished within the first half so that would mean half of this episode, all of XYZ 37 and XYZ 38 could be the battle.

andrewscott48209

So, I've seen a lot of people saying this might be filler. But, I don't think it is, but instead it is an episode to build up Ash vs Alain while also planting seeds for Team Flare.

-Opens with Ash and his friends celebrating his victory over Sawyer. Ash mentions this is the furthest he has ever gotten in a League before and is excited that he's facing Alain in the final battle. Ash says he needs to prepare for the battle and walks off with his pokemon to talk with them/think of a strategy.

-As they celebrate, Chespin walks off due to smelling some food. Bonnie notices that Chespin is gone after a few minutes and tells Clemont and Serena. They decide to not disturb Ash and go looking themselves

-Elsewhere, Alain is on the phone talking to Mairin who still seems happy and tells Alain that Chespie is doing better. (He's exactly the same though) She then wishes him luck before hanging up. Alain vows to win for her and Chespie as he walks away from the phone.

-Alain then overhears a commotion which is caused by Chespin. They run into each other and he picks it up. At the same time, Ash, who had taken a walk enters the scene where he sees Chespin. He thanks Alain, but wonders what Chespin is doing over here. The two then talk about their upcoming match where they both promise this will be the best battle they've both been in.

-Skips to night time where Ash is with his Kalos team. Talks about how all their hard work got them to this point and that without them they wouldn't be in the championship aganist alain and how together they'll accomplish their goal of winning the Kalos League. They cry out in agreement before zooming in on the sky.

This way, it can show what both trainers' passions are while also having an interaction between the two trainers before the fight begins. Besides, most of what I wrote could be finished within the first half so that would mean half of this episode, all of XYZ 37 and XYZ 38 could be the battle.

This would be a nice build up episode if it is like this.

This would be a nice build up episode if it is like this.

Yeah and god knows we need buildup after all these battles. I'm getting tired just thinking about all the battles in this league.

Class Zero

We have arrived.

No offence... but kinda sounds like filler.
God knows we already know Ash's passions and Alain's seem to be pretty obvious too.

Just give us the full battles already :D

DSDark

Breeder
Sigh...

It's called character development!

For who? Chespin, he's had plenty of episodes. How about we have development for the league by not skipping literally everyone of ash's battles leading up to the second to last round.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
No offence... but kinda sounds like filler.
God knows we already know Ash's passions and Alain's seem to be pretty obvious too.

Just give us the full battles already :D

None taken. I was just saying how I think the episode will lay out. Personally I expected something like this because of the fact that someone who edited the sound for XY 130, which is the episode after this one, made a big deal to post a picture of the editing for the sound for that episode while including a picture of the opening zoomed in on Ash.

I didn't think anything of it before, but then when the League started I thought it was one of two things, the beginning of the full rounds or Ash in the championship match. Since we all know how battles turned out, it left the thought that XY 130 would begin the championship battle.

dman_dustin

Lumiose City is in a state of excitement thanks to the Kalos League! And during this excitement, Clemont's Chespin gets lost. And as Chespin is walking around all alone and confused, a certain somebody appears before it...
Tomioka writes this episode....aka not like Axew getting lost

You know what....NO! I was trying to be optimistic for the league opener, I ended up right (in my perspective).

I was really optimistic for the next episode, because HEY! Hawlucha was going to defeat Absol, I had hope for that episode.....crushed horribly.

Everyone forgets that Tomioka wrote the Sawsbuck episode in Unova.

So no, I don't care if Mairin shows up here, and she's here for Alain's battle, and gets to meet Ash (someone she was impressed).

I'm still going to say this episode is completely unnecessary and filler even if Alain vs Ash begins. So NOPE, I don't care. I've given up on the league outside of animation and the battles themselves.

For who? Chespin, he's had plenty of episodes. How about we have development for the league by not skipping literally everyone of ash's battles leading up to the second to last round.

I don't think you understand the writers. You kind of have to be a writer yourself for that.

They feel that character development is most important. And they are the boss.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
You know what....NO! I was trying to be optimistic for the league opener, I ended up right (in my perspective).

I was really optimistic for the next episode, because HEY! Hawlucha was going to defeat Absol, I had hope for that episode.....crushed horribly.

Everyone forgets that Tomioka wrote the Sawsbuck episode in Unova.

So no, I don't care if Mairin shows up here, and she's here for Alain's battle, and gets to meet Ash (someone she was impressed).

I'm still going to say this episode is completely unnecessary and filler even if Alain vs Ash begins. So NOPE, I don't care. I've given up on the league outside of animation and the battles themselves.

So you're going to judge an episode before we even see anything?

For all we know the whole Chespin event ends within the first 5-10 minutes of the episode and then the rest is the battle. Maybe they didn't want to give a summary for the start of the battle as a way to "hide" who would be battling despite it being known already.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't think you understand the writers. You kind of have to be a writer yourself for that.

Are you a writer on the show? You dont know what they think. And the writers aren't always right about everything, so that's a ******** excuse.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Are you a writer on the show? You dont know what they think. And the writers aren't always right about everything, so that's a ******** excuse.

He's just upset over the fact that over in the XYZ 33 discussion thread that some people, myself included, said we don't know what the writers had planned or that they don't have to show Ash sweeping through the early rounds since it could be implied by how they showed Altaria vs Greninja. Same goes with Alain and how Mega Charizard X swept Trevor.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So do Ash and Alain start their battle in this episode or not ? I'd rather not. I wouldn't want their battle to be cut for that, although I see this episode is most likely plot important.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
He's just upset over the fact that over in the XYZ 33 discussion thread that some people, myself included, said we don't know what the writers had planned or that they don't have to show Ash sweeping through the early rounds since it could be implied by how they showed Altaria vs Greninja. Same goes with Alain and how Mega Charizard X swept Trevor.

Okay and those were the early rounds. Now he is saying that we basically dont need to see any of ash battling at all, and that they can even cut short ash vs alain just to have "character development", which shows rushed writing since they didnt do development early on. This is the league, we want to see ****ing battles, lol.

Okay and those were the early rounds. Now he is saying that we basically dont need to see any of ash battling at all, and that they can even cut short ash vs alain just to have "character development", which shows rushed writing since they didnt do development early on. This is the league, we want to see ****ing battles, lol.

The writer's don't feel that battles are important. They're all about character development. We'll just have to deal with it.

They probably know what's best anyway.

dman_dustin

As a writer myself (not an official writer, but someone who enjoys writing and in certain moments the passion to write), I am super pissed at how their handling the league. Check yourself.

You have an opinion, and that is all you have on this subject. Especially if I'm not mistaken, and I apologize if I am, you're suggesting they skip Ash vs Alain

As a (non official) writer, I know you don't treat your main character like crap after 19 years and be like: Yeah sure let's give Ash only ONE battle in a very important league.

You show Ash's struggles, you don't fill the league with meaningless nobodies to justify, oh look Ash is in the semi finals.

People FORGET, a Pokemon league is extremely important to Ash, it's one of the most important things Ash has, under his Pokemon, Friends, and other technically more important things, but it's part of who he is and wants to be.

I know the real Ash would be super pissed that most of his battles were skipped, and you can't honestly say I'm wrong, because if you were Ash you'd be pissed if most of your battles were skipped, because I know I would because it treats something that I find important and lessens it. Maybe Ash isn't THAT deep (as other people would claim) but I know he would be hurt by this.

"I'm the main character but you devoted an episode to Sawyer battling against Tierno, and looking at the episodes, it's just Sawyer or Alain, and I'm just shoved in there, this is how you treat me and my desire to become a Pokemon master"

But Ash isn't worried about other people's concept of "Random Nobodies" he doesn't treat his opponents like "Nobodies" which is why I don't think Ash would ever approve of the way the writers are handling this league. But then again, Ash is a fictional character, and is a "written character" so obviously he's subject to change. But outside of bias, I know Ash would be extremely displeased about this league.

So you're going to judge an episode before we even see anything?
Explain when I tried judging episodes before they aired, in a positive way, I got screwed over? So no, I don't care, I'm going to be a jerk about this. And ask "WHY THE HELL did the make time for this, and continue to screw Ash over."

Well at least Ash will maybe have two battles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.