• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Because apparently getting 6 min of screentime in 4 episodes, along with an arc that happened to still feature every member of the team decently, means that it takes the spotlight away from them completely and overrides everything else in the region...

Literally Greninja is no different than any of Ash's other aces except that it's a mega and actually besides it's arc, it gets little spotlight. I'd say the league has focused more on the team, but Greninja being the ace and Pikachu being pikachu means they'll get the most time, even though it wasn't that much

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Because apparently getting 6 min of screentime in 4 episodes, along with an arc that happened to still feature every member of the team decently, means that it takes the spotlight away from them completely and overrides everything else in the region...

Literally Greninja is no different than any of Ash's other aces except that it's a mega and actually besides it's arc, it gets little spotlight. I'd say the league has focused more on the team, but Greninja being the ace and Pikachu being pikachu means they'll get the most time, even though it wasn't that much

I take it you guys just don't understand what is going on... Right now it's the popular thing to bash Greninja because the writers wanted to make him unique and allow Ash a Pokemon that could battle on par with Megas regularly. But that doesn't matter because whenever he shows up, even if for thirty seconds in one episode, he steals the entire episode...

And cue the angry mob saying I'm a fanboy

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I take it you guys just don't understand what is going on... Right now it's the popular thing to bash Greninja because the writers wanted to make him unique and allow Ash a Pokemon that could battle on par with Megas regularly. But that doesn't matter because whenever he shows up, even if for thirty seconds in one episode, he steals the entire episode...

Lol, no I've seen it. I really should back out but naturally I just have to get in the discussion. Honestly, it's popular to bash XY in general. Poor fans, Ash is gonna win his league and get a girlfriend but it wasn't in Gens 1, 2, 3, or 4. Deal with it.

One thing i like about this forum is the need to rant on episodes for some people. Its something like " I like a burger but he doesnt. I wont force him to eat it since he doesnt like it. He buys a burger again and complains about how bad it is so i try to convince him it is actually good. Guy doesnt agree and buys again to repeat the cycle of eating something he doesnt like nor forced to do."
- Just a random opinion of people giving opinions

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Lol, no I've seen it. I really should back out but naturally I just have to get in the discussion. Honestly, it's popular to bash XY in general. Poor fans, Ash is gonna win his league and get a girlfriend but it wasn't in Gens 1, 2, 3, or 4. Deal with it.

Whatever, that is your opinion. The reason XY receives bashing is because people constantly say it is the best series ever by far. No. Only thing that XY excels in is animation, and that is expected. Otherwise it's the same old promotion for children.

Illusio

No words, only rage
If you like the league, then that's your opinion, if you dislike it, then that's your opinion. We're honestly getting way too heated in this discussion if we can't talk about criticisms or positives without bashing the other and it's getting ridiculous. Take a step back and just take a break as they are because attacking other's opinions is not going to get us anywhere.

Ok, now that I've said my two-cents, I also mixed on this episode. I understand the point of it, but I also want to move on to the next battle since I want to see how it shapes up

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Get a girlfriend? Ok mate. Whatever you say.

Janovy

Banned
Get a girlfriend?

Lol, well that's about all you need to say to guarantee people won't take you seriously.

I mean...wow.

Torterraaaa

Whatever, that is your opinion. The reason XY receives bashing is because people constantly say it is the best series ever by far. No. Only thing that XY excels in is animation, and that is expected. Otherwise it's the same old promotion for children.

Do you actually like the show?

Torterraaaa

Anyway, I am so hyped to see Manon with the regular crew. Maybe cos they'll actually be nice to her. Seriously, eff Alain. Side note, but do we even know why he was a dick to Sycamore? Has Lysandre been saying stuff about him?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Really, because I couldn't tell from all the wanking XY gets, especially the league, every other post.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Nope. Still had a bad story. A game like The Last of Us slams it to smithereens.
Well, yeah, when you compare it to a story like that then BW (game) wasn't that good, but by Pokémon standards it was a good story.

Anyways, will there actually be any league battling in this episode? The title says there will be, but I don't think the preview showed any...

Navin

MALDREAD

Assuming they'll make Ash reciprocate (which is highly questionable at this point), the best outcome is probably something similar to that May/Drew final sunset conversation. Some pseudo-confirmation of mutual feelings and a promise to see each other again. That's very unlikely though.

Epicocity

Well, yeah, when you compare it to a story like that then BW (game) wasn't that good, but by Pokémon standards it was a good story.

Anyways, will there actually be any league battling in this episode? The title says there will be, but I don't think the preview showed any...

They showed Ash and Alain heading into the stadium, but without knowing where that happens, we can't judge if the battle will begin or not.

Torterraaaa

Of course I like the show, otherwise I wouldn't be commenting here. But the reality is, we are all watching children stuff. I'm not proud of it, but hey, I enjoy it so whatever.

There's nothing wrong with liking good kids shows. A lot of adult dramas are very dark and gritty these days and it's nice to take a break from that sometimes.

crimson_echidna

Which is funny when you remember before the Greninja superform happened, there were people literally begging for Charizard to return and be Ash's Mega. You know, so one of Ash's old pokemon could "steal the spotlight."

There's nothing wrong with liking good kids shows. A lot of adult dramas are very dark and gritty these days and it's nice to take a break from that sometimes.

We're also in a time where cartoons like Avatar, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls all have massive fanbases online, despite being "kid shows." As long as you don't go overboard with your fandom, I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of.

PAndrews

Its funny how for all the hate he gets Greninja is basically Ash's mega pokemon, yet in terms of win records we have
Pikachu beat Mega Lucario
Hawlucha defeated Mega Absol (annihilated is more like it since he didn't have a single scratch afterwards)
Yet Greninja only has an actual win against Mega Sceptile and lost everything else

So its not like Greninja is the mega slayer of the team, he's simply the strongest and the ace this saga (even without transforming).
If anyone deserves some hate here its Pikachu. We have Pikachu hogging multiple wins against Sawyer, while the 2 who were in need of wins both only got a draw. So if anything Pikachu is till the biggest spotlight hog on team

Last edited:

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Its funny how for all the hate he gets Greninja is basically Ash's mega pokemon, yet in terms of win records we have
Pikachu beat Mega Lucario
Hawlucha defeated Mega Absol (annihilated is more like it since he didn't have a single scratch afterwards)
Yet Greninja only has an actual win against Mega Sceptile and lost everything else

So its not like Greninja is the mega slayer of the team, he's simply the strongest and the ace this saga (even without transforming).
If anyone deserves some hate here its Pikachu. We have Pikachu hogging multiple wins against Sawyer, while the 2 who were in need of wins both only got a draw. So if anything Pikachu is till the biggest spotlight hog on team

Pikachu should be getting multiple wins? Pikachu is ash's most experience Pokemon, and at this point should be considered his strongest too. After being here for this long if something just powered through pikachu there's a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.