• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

Pikachu should be getting multiple wins? Pikachu is ash's most experience Pokemon, and at this point should be considered his strongest too. After being here for this long if something just powered through pikachu there's a problem...

Also consider that Pikachu had done next to nothing after Clemont until Bergmite...which wasn't anything special.

Also, Greninja did waste Mega Abomasnow. But that's still just 1 more than 2 members of his team.

Its funny how for all the hate he gets Greninja is basically Ash's mega pokemon, yet in terms of win records we have
Pikachu beat Mega Lucario
Hawlucha defeated Mega Absol (annihilated is more like it since he didn't have a single scratch afterwards)
Yet Greninja only has an actual win against Mega Sceptile and lost everything else

So its not like Greninja is the mega slayer of the team, he's simply the strongest and the ace this saga (even without transforming).
If anyone deserves some hate here its Pikachu. We have Pikachu hogging multiple wins against Sawyer, while the 2 who were in need of wins both only got a draw. So if anything Pikachu is till the biggest spotlight hog on team

For all we know Absol was already severely weakened by Ash's other two pokemon. Don't make assumptions.

LizardonX

Banned
Why did we need this filler again? If they wanted to give Chespin some well deserved screentime in the league they should have traded it to Ash so he could participate.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Why did we need this filler again? If they wanted to give Chespin some well deserved screentime in the league they should have traded it to Ash so he could participate.

Chespin at most is only going to be used within the first 5 or so minutes to introduce Mairin to the group. After that it'l be about Ash preparing for his battle and then said battle will happen sometime in the 2nd half of the episode. At worst, they literally start the match at the end so that the first matchup starts next episode.

WaterTypeWarrior

Because it was so marketable that they couldnt evolve, so it kept falling farther and farther behind.

Oh, please don't even start that. Oshawott got less and less wins over time because the writers started using him as more and more of a gag. Not evolving had nothing to do with it. Ash has had plenty of other Pokemon over the years that are great battlers despite not evolving (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Corphish, Buizel, etc).

Chespin at most is only going to be used within the first 5 or so minutes to introduce Mairin to the group. After that it'l be about Ash preparing for his battle and then said battle will happen sometime in the 2nd half of the episode. At worst, they literally start the match at the end so that the first matchup starts next episode.

I'd go with at worst considering the title of XY&Z037. In all fairness, seeing Lysandre seemingly take an interest in Ash's Greninja in the preview means we could, as some have mentioned, see Flare's plot begin to unravel.

Which I'm completely fine with so long as it takes the back seat for the two episodes following this one...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
For all we know Absol was already severely weakened by Ash's other two pokemon. Don't make assumptions.

Tbf, it can be safe to assume that there was either only one more pokemon battling Absol before Hawlucha, or he was the only one. I doubt Ash-Greninja was used in the battle at all since it wasn't used against Absol and it wouldn't have gone down otherwise to a normal pokemon, and I highly doubt that Ash would enter any of the battles without Ash-Greninja as his safeguard against other megas. that means that possibly one pokemon was taken out before Hawlucha by Absol, or Hawlucha was the only pokemon used. Greninja could have been used to take down the first two pokemon, but either way it wouldn't have switched out in the battle against Absol by any means, meaning the most that could have been used is 2 pokemon against Absol which includes Hawlucha. This is based off of assumptions but personally it is sound enough for me to know that Hawlucha didn't just last minute finish a mega, or that would mean another pokemon did VERY well against absol leaving the last move for Hawlucha. Either way using two non-mega pokemon to take down a mega is still a good feat imo. There are a few situations that could have happened, but the most likely is that Ash wouldn't have used Ash-Greninja on two non-megas just to switch out and leave Hawlucha Mega-Absol, unless he really wanted revenge but I doubt it'd happen like that since people usually use their Ace's against Ash-Greninja.

hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:

_Dog

You have no idea what a filler is, do you? Introducing Mairin to the crew is a far cry from it.

How about you man up and back up your claims with some arguments?

Well, yeah, when you compare it to a story like that then BW (game) wasn't that good, but by Pokémon standards it was a good story.

The key phrase to your statement is "Pokémon standards". A polished turd is still a turd. BW's story was bad.

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

judging from the preview, it doesn't look like chespin will take up the WHOLE episode since we see ash talking to lysandre and a few other things

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
judging from the preview, it doesn't look like chespin will take up the WHOLE episode since we see ash talking to lysandre and a few other things

In my opinion. Chespin is going to be nothing more than a plot device to introduce Mairin to the group. I feel as though his little "lost adventure" will be finished within 5-7 minutes tops and we'll actually spend more time with Ash preparing his team for the match/talking to Lysandre.

diakyu

I can't believe people think this episode still exists solely to give Chespin screentime. This is the most obvious set-up episode ever with the gang meeting Mairin, Alain discussing something with Malva, and Lysandre talking to Ash.

MegaSalamence05

It sets up the Team Flare finale arc literally after the finals Ash vs. Alain. This is not a filler by no means, Ash literally meets the big bad of the generation for the first time. They don't know each other so what other option than before the finals between those two.

PAndrews

Pikachu should be getting multiple wins? Pikachu is ash's most experience Pokemon, and at this point should be considered his strongest too. After being here for this long if something just powered through pikachu there's a problem...

Greninja (even in base) is already the strongest on hand, not Pikachu, but even then this is his "ultimate team" according to the writers, which means all 6 of them should be close to each other in strength.
This was one of the few battles Noivern had and Goodra's first upon returning, yet both got given a draw while Pikachu, who alrady has 5 league's to its name and a lot of wins gets 2 more added on top of that. In all honesty Pikachu not being used at all and Ash winning 6-3/6-4 would have been much better then Sawyer suddenly gaining such a massive powerup. Giving Greninja, Hawlucha, Noivern and Talonflame a win each and Goodra 2 would have been much better. Pikachu has been in the spotlight enough, especially considering this league basically only has 2 proper fully shown battles.

Also consider that Pikachu had done next to nothing after Clemont until Bergmite...which wasn't anything special.

Also, Greninja did waste Mega Abomasnow. But that's still just 1 more than 2 members of his team.

Yeah, but this League now is (looking purely at shown battles)
Pikachu 3 wins (granted 1 was unoffical)
Greninja 2 wins
Hawlucha 1 win
Talonflame 1 win
Noivern 1 tie
Goodra 1 tie

So yeah, Pikachu hogged way to much screen time during the Sawyer battle and the dragon duo really need to get some wins against Alain to actually gain any wins this League (and Goodra since its return)

We can see Absol launch its attack against Hawlucha without a single scratch. So no, it wasn't severely weakened and this was clearly Hawlucha getting some payback for its original loss

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Why do people still think it's a filler? It's clearly not as it develops the league and the TF Arc.

Side Note: It looks like my previous comment about amour seemed to work exactly as planned. The haters are riled up again. Honestly,it's just funny reading some of your responses. No matter, this ain't the proper thread so if you want to debate why amourshipping will canon, come find me on the proper thread. I think you'll realize that you guys are the ones with no backing to your claims.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
The key phrase to your statement is "Pokémon standards". A polished turd is still a turd. BW's story was bad.
I still wouldn't necessarily call it bad, even outside of Pokémon standards.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Side Note: It looks like my previous comment about amour seemed to work exactly as planned. The haters are riled up again. Honestly,it's just funny reading some of your responses. No matter, this ain't the proper thread so if you want to debate why amourshipping will canon, come find me on the proper thread. I think you'll realize that you guys are the ones with no backing to your claims.

I could care less about Amourshipping or other shippings in general. If you think this isn't the right place to argue this topic, then why bring it up in the first place? We are not going against Amourshipping being canon, but rather we are confused why it has been brought up in the first place.

Oh I'm sorry, I'm an immature kid, so my post is nothing but bashing. Please ignore my wall of text.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I could care less about Amourshipping or other shippings in general. If you think this isn't the right place to argue this topic, then why bring it up in the first place? We are not going against Amourshipping being canon, but rather we are confused why it has been brought up in the first place.

Oh I'm sorry, I'm an immature kid, so my post is nothing but bashing. Please ignore my wall of text.

I added it as a small piece and people got mad (I'm not saying you specifically). I simply state it occasionally just because I think it is important, sure it may not exactly pertain to Ash becoming Kalos League Champ, but they somewhat go together in the fact that the anime is breaking trends. Believe me, I enjoy discussing amourshipping, but anytime I bring it up, it just leads into some unnecessary debate about how amourshipping will never be canon and Ash is leaving her and some other bulls**t. If people want to discuss, then let's discuss it because I enjoy stuff like that. But if people are just gonna give others crap when in reality this topic does play it's part, then besides a few comments, I'm not going to make it a huge deal.

Greninja (even in base) is already the strongest on hand, not Pikachu, but even then this is his "ultimate team" according to the writers, which means all 6 of them should be close to each other in strength.
This was one of the few battles Noivern had and Goodra's first upon returning, yet both got given a draw while Pikachu, who alrady has 5 league's to its name and a lot of wins gets 2 more added on top of that. In all honesty Pikachu not being used at all and Ash winning 6-3/6-4 would have been much better then Sawyer suddenly gaining such a massive powerup. Giving Greninja, Hawlucha, Noivern and Talonflame a win each and Goodra 2 would have been much better. Pikachu has been in the spotlight enough, especially considering this league basically only has 2 proper fully shown battles.

Yeah, but this League now is (looking purely at shown battles)
Pikachu 3 wins (granted 1 was unoffical)
Greninja 2 wins
Hawlucha 1 win
Talonflame 1 win
Noivern 1 tie
Goodra 1 tie

So yeah, Pikachu hogged way to much screen time during the Sawyer battle and the dragon duo really need to get some wins against Alain to actually gain any wins this League (and Goodra since its return)

We can see Absol launch its attack against Hawlucha without a single scratch. So no, it wasn't severely weakened and this was clearly Hawlucha getting some payback for its original loss

Not proving anything. Sceptile didn't have any scratches before it fainted as well. Again, don't just assume things.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!

Okay, that's it. I get that you're being sarcastic because you were annoyed by a few pages ago, but now you're the one who's becoming bothersome. We understand that you're not bashing in any way, so I'm sorry for that. But this is becoming just stupid.

Anyways, nice to see plenty of interesting character interactions. I do hope we get a preview for the upcoming episodes afterwards. Also did anyone else laugh when seeing Mairin accidentally kick Chespin?

Status
Not open for further replies.