• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 11th: SM134 - Everyone's Fully Powered! The Road to the Semifinals!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

That wouldn't make any sense because of the fact that the last time we saw Guzma before the league was when he battled Ash and at the time his Golisopod knew Liquidation, First Impression, Pin Missile, and Poison Jab, and made it quite clear that he wanted to destroy the league. So basically if what your suggesting happened that would mean that Kukui essentially went up to Guzma and was like "hey man I know you want to destroy the league and my dream and all and I don't want you to do that so let me help teach you Throat Chop so that you can do just that".
“Used to be friends” so why exactly would that happen in the present? Obviously Kukui wouldn’t walk up to the guy responsible for giving so much trouble to help him. I’m not stupid I know he wants to destroy the League and his current view on Kukui. I don’t need you explaining the current subplot to me

My original point was that he more so remembered how Kukui’s Incineroar did it and practiced from memory. Not necessarily teaching him directly.

Hell you could say he knows how much the cast wants to battle MR so he took one of Incineroar’s moves

XXD17

Draco rex
If I recall correctly, Vikavolt hasn't used Discharge once since it debuted Zap Cannon, so it's probably another case of "moves evolving into other moves rather than simply filling up an empty slot". Same with Primarina replacing Bubble Beam with Sparkling Aria, thus having a slot for Icy Wind.

And people need to remember each round takes place on a different day. It's not completely unfeasible that Lana or Sophocles would teach their Pokemon a move that would help in their next match.

We can see it using Poison Jab on its other legs, plus Primarina is clearly poisoned at some point.

Honestly, I'm gonna assume they're using Poison Jab to simulate Throat Chop's effects.

Why can't it know both? I get the whole 4 move rule and that we already saw Golisopod use 4 moves before: poison jab, liquidation, pin missile and first impression. but in the preview, we only saw poison jab, pin missile and what might be throat chop. Maybe Guzma taught Golisopod throat chop in the interim over first impression or liquidation since he knows that he will be facing off against a primarina (Lana only has 2 Pokemon and primarina is easily the stronger of the two) and they are known for voice-based attacks. Even in the preview, you can see that it slams into primarina with the side of its front legs rather than the actual claws. I'm not saying anything for certain, of course, but why is it not possible for it to have throat chop AND poison jab?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why can't it know both? I get the whole 4 move rule and that we already saw Golisopod use 4 moves before: poison jab, liquidation, pin missile and first impression. but in the preview, we only saw poison jab, pin missile and what might be throat chop. Maybe Guzma taught Golisopod throat chop in the interim over first impression or liquidation since he knows that he will be facing off against a primarina (Lana only has 2 Pokemon and primarina is easily the stronger of the two) and they are known for voice-based attacks. Even in the preview, you can see that it slams into primarina with the side of its front legs rather than the actual claws. I'm not saying anything for certain, of course, but why is it not possible for it to have throat chop AND poison jab?
There's no chance he'd get rid of First Impression, because it's far too useful. But why get rid of Liquidation when it can lower opponents' Defense against his onslaughts?

XXD17

Draco rex
There's no chance he'd get rid of First Impression, because it's far too useful. But why get rid of Liquidation when it can lower opponents' Defense against his onslaughts?

We are talking about the anime here. Maybe he got rid of first impression since having 2 bug moves against a fairy type isn't as effective as being able to nullify its main form of attack? the anime does wonky things like this like getting rid of volt tackle for electro ball on Pikachu for...reasons...I guess.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Krookodile got rid of Crunch, a great move for a gharial with a huge mouth, in favour of Aerial Ace. He kept Dig, Stone Edge, and Dragon Claw. It paid off tremendously.

I don't Golisopod has any move changes. I think it'll be "Poison Jab...aim for the throat!"

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Guzma doesn't look the type that would honestly care to study his opponent and develop a moveset around said opponent. I think he just likes beating the crap out of whatever's in his way, so odds are he's just having Golisopod do what it does best, brutalize it's victim

Hanto

Water Addiction
I'll admit I forgot that, but still, almost all of Lana's moves have been direct results of her bubble training (Bubblebeam, Sparkling Aria, Oceanic Operetta) or a result of a difficult fight (Aqua Jet). Can't remember when she got Surf and Icy Wind was offscreen for sure. And Aurora Veil is the only one besides the Z-move Lillie was shown training for. Hail was learned offscreen.
Ashirene learned Surf in the battle against Team Skull to protect Nagisa in its catching episode.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Given how they poked fun at/throwbacked to Ash's last battle in the Indigo League last episode, what are the chances that Kiawe's Charizard learns Blast Burn offscreen and uses it on Sophocles' Vikavolt just to reference Ash's last battle in the Kalos League? They could even make Kiawe do the exact same pose, and it would not look at all out of character...
Well, they did make ash do that pose when rockruff used rock throw of all things

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's hard to get excited for the rest of Kaki versus Maamane after seeing the first half of their battle in this week's episode. I really like the look of Guzma versus Suiren at least, although Ashirene getting grabbed like that in the preview looked pretty cruel.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It'd be nice if Torrent activates during Lana's battle. I won't get my hopes up, but she'll be against the ropes, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Wow, we already have a preview anad we still don't even know the staff list?

TheScentedApple

Um we actually saw him learn it on screen in the battle against Crawadut, when they mastered their Z move.
Well, we didn't, but that's beside the point. I would just prefer if we had more moves being learnt on screen, as most moves in this series have been offscreen, I think maybe Ash has had a pretty good record for learning the moves on screen this series which is nice, just would like it to transfer over to the other classmates

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I sort of doubt Golisopod doesn't have Liquidation anymore. Which, COULD makessense considering the other option for the moves it would no longer know would be its signature move.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why are people saying Golisopod lost Liquidation
They don't actually know, they're just assuming based on the preview, even though Poison Jab could easily simulate the effect of Throat Chop.

Master Pikachu 11

Well, we didn't, but that's beside the point. I would just prefer if we had more moves being learnt on screen, as most moves in this series have been offscreen, I think maybe Ash has had a pretty good record for learning the moves on screen this series which is nice, just would like it to transfer over to the other classmates
Actually your right it was signal beam that we saw him learn, even then we did see him get actual development in that episode regardless of whether it was learning other moves on screen or not

Status
Not open for further replies.