• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 13th: PM2019 076 - Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Jers745

I dont know :p
I like how Ash being the Alolan (League) Champion is apparently so alien to everyone in its own native region that two kids only find that impressive.

Not even champions of other regions dare know about that. I bet Leon doesn't mind the fact he became the new Alola (League) Champion by beating Ash's strongest mon.
I dont remember anyone giving a **** about cyntia or other champions if they are not mentioned to be champions.
Also isnt a alola a new league why should leon know about that

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I only remember them beign recognized when they were anunced in the league opening could be wrong tho
Cynthia was recognized by people on the street in DP. Paul challenged her to a battle in the first episode she appeared, and TRio even knew who she was.

I'm pretty sure people (in the anime) did give a **** about other Champions.
Those champions also weren’t the main character of the anime who’s league victory was shown over the course of two episodes.

And like Ash training his mons in JN, just because we haven‘t seen it happen on screen doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.

Jers745

Cynthia was recognized by people on the street in DP. Paul challenged her to a battle, and TRio even knew who she was.
If i dont remember wrong (again) they only recognized her when paul said that she was the champion
Those champions also weren’t the main character of the anime who’s league victory was shown over the course of two episodes.
Again the alola league was a new league in a distant island
And like Ash training his mons in JN, just because we haven‘t seen it happen on screen doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.
And this was innecesary how do we know it happens if they dont show it

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
If i dont remember wrong (again) they only recognized her when paul said that she was the champion

Again the alola league was a new league in a distant island

And this was innecesary how do we know it happens if they dont show it

Her first appearance was in DP040. Cynthia had attracted a crowd in Amity Square before Paul showed up to challenge her. Ash, Dawn and Brock ended up in Amity Square because they overheard another trainer say that she was there studying some ruins.

Your point about the League is valid from an in-universe perspective. My point was more of a storytelling perspective. We see Ash win, so there isn’t a big need to constantly bring up his victory. And it’s not like they forgot about it - JN02 shows the championship trophy on his dresser at the beginning of the episode.

Jers745

Her first appearance was in DP040. Cynthia had attracted a crowd in Amity Square before Paul showed up to challenge her. Ash, Dawn and Brock ended up in Amity Square because they overheard another trainer say that she was there studying some ruins.
Then srry
Your point about the League is valid from an in-universe perspective. My point was more of a storytelling perspective. We see Ash win, so there isn’t a big need to constantly bring up his victory. And it’s not like they forgot about it - JN02 shows the championship trophy on his dresser at the beginning of the episode
Well its just that there doesnt seem to be much of a connection between alola and the other regions

D

Deleted member 384931

He will make no big deal of it. Or he will blush or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.