• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 13th: PM2019 076 - Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemonfan5

Lets not compare... bulbasaur and Rowlett pleass. Bulbasaur had tremendous experiemce by the time it battled brandon. And Rowlett is probably Ash's weakest grass starter.
Bulbasaur MAYBE more powerful but you're overexggrating it too much saying tremendous considering Bulbasaur never won a single important battle outside league and battle frontier, Ash never trained Bulbasaur in entire anime except for that one Battle frontier episode while Rowlet was use the most in trials/grand trials, win in league battles, and has many on screen training like teaching new moves.

They're either similar Power or Bulbasaur is little more, also there is bayleef, Snivy and Torterra exist for that weakest title.

Last edited:

aipomadvanceshipper

Bulbasaur probably would have been stronger if he wasn't needed because oak couldn't take care of his pokemon fued problems. Bayleef was surprisingly strong in johto she was kind of ashs go to pokemon after Pikachu
Rowlet is a strong battler and really surprised me. I don't know what happened to torterra
Snivy was a waste of potential, they could have made her stronger, attract was a good back up to have

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash's grass pokemon strength ranking in my opinion:
1. Sceptile
2. Bulbasaur
3. Rowlet
4. Bayleef
5. Snivy
6. Torterra

Rowlet is one of the strong grass pokemons, it's a pity that the ignorant didn't watch the Sun Moon series or nobody remembered what it was like:

Rowlet defeated Yungoos and Totem Gamgoos along with Pikachu.

Rowlet defeated Crablawler.

Rowlet defeated Castform & Totem Lurantis along with Litten.

Rolwet defeated Probopass with a Z-move.

Rowlet, along with Litten, helped Ash's companions fight the 3 Lusamin's pokemon: Mismagius, Milotic and Liligant.

Rowlet and Meltan defeated Zweilous and Druddigon.

In the Alola League, he defeated Decidueye and Braviary.

I advise you to note that this one pokemon fought mainly with many pokemon with final forms of evolution.
C'mon let's not be too harsh on Torterra, poor thing always fought tough opponents (and also got screwed over cuz suicide mountain)

Decidueye23

......how? Rowlet has ALWAYS been portrayed as stronger and heck he's been more consistent then bulbasaur, cmon now
How has rowlett always been potrayed stronger? Stronger than what exactly.
I am not saying its weak, i am saying its Ash's weakest grass type. Maybe ties with bayleaf at best. Torterra, while it did job, it jobbed against incredibly powerful trainers and arguably, their aces. (Drapion was more like a secret weapon).
Ash's grass pokemon strength ranking in my opinion:
1. Sceptile
2. Bulbasaur
3. Rowlet
4. Bayleef
5. Snivy
6. Torterra

Rowlet is one of the strong grass pokemons, it's a pity that the ignorant didn't watch the Sun Moon series or nobody remembered what it was like:

Rowlet defeated Yungoos and Totem Gamgoos along with Pikachu.

Rowlet defeated Crablawler.

Rowlet defeated Castform & Totem Lurantis along with Litten.

Rolwet defeated Probopass with a Z-move.

Rowlet, along with Litten, helped Ash's companions fight the 3 Lusamin's pokemon: Mismagius, Milotic and Liligant.

Rowlet and Meltan defeated Zweilous and Druddigon.

In the Alola League, he defeated Decidueye and Braviary.

I advise you to note that this one pokemon fought mainly with many pokemon with final forms of evolution.
I am not saying its weak lol. I am saying its his weakest grass type. Torterra lost against very very strong opponents. Hau's decidueye was a joke. Its the worst representation of a a starter mon in the anime (well probably chesnaught, but second worst!).
Who's comparing them?

Also Rowlet is Ash's weakest Grass Starter? I don't think so. Did you forget Torterra exists?
@Mythical-Moonlight I was talking about this post.
Brandon was E4 level opponent and 3 of his pokemons defeated by 2 first stage starters, Braviary take damage from Lycanroc as well like Dusknoir from Charizard.
That same Braviary shown more powerful than Guzma's Golisopod who give trouble to Pikachu so much as well

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Are we seriously comparing the power of Ash's Pokemon of a certain type again? They're all strong in their own way and depending what the plot requires. Although I will admit that the biggest stragglers were my girl Snivy and my boy Torterra, which is a crying shame since I love them both the most out of the grass type starters.. and the latter was only portrayed so badly because of Infernape taking centre stage.

Remember how good he was as a Turtwig and how well he did against Palmer as a Grotle? Heck, he didn't even do too badly against Bertha. Most of his failures were down to Rock Climb because they never took the time to show him developing with Ash, in order to adjust to his change in size.

Pokemonfan5

How has rowlett always been potrayed stronger? Stronger than what exactly.
I am not saying its weak, i am saying its Ash's weakest grass type. Maybe ties with bayleaf at best. Torterra, while it did job, it jobbed against incredibly powerful trainers and arguably, their aces. (Drapion was more like a secret weapon).

I am not saying its weak lol. I am saying its his weakest grass type. Torterra lost against very very strong opponents. Hau's decidueye was a joke. Its the worst representation of a a starter mon in the anime (well probably chesnaught, but second worst!).

@Mythical-Moonlight I was talking about this post.
And what exactly Snivy and Bayleef had in comparison? Because Rowlet did more than Bayleef and Snivy combined, Rowlet consistently win Ash many battles whether it was trials/grand trials or league battles, Bulbasaur was completely useless in gym run and only win in league and battle frontier, so yes Bulbasaur and Rowlet is easily comparable, Kukui is much stronger than any trainer Ash faced with Torterra.

How exactly all fully evolved johto starters and Delphox handle better than Decidueye in anime (unless you count Chronicles)

Last edited:

Decidueye23

And what exactly Snivy and Bayleef had in comparison? Because Rowlet did more than Bayleef and Snivy combined, Rowlet consistently win Ash many battles whether it was trials/grand trials or league battles, Bulbasaur was completely useless in gym run and only win in league and battle frontier, so yes Bulbasaur and Rowlet is easily comparable, Kukui is much stronger than any trainer Ash faced with Torterra.
Many wins=/ super strong. Most of the opponents rowlett fought were barely strong. The last grand trail it took part was with olivia, who is like the equivalent to a 4th gym leader. So lets not pretend like all its opponents were super strong. Hau and Decidueye were a joke. Like you mentioned before braviary did take some damage against lycanrock. And in my post i did say it ties with bayleaf.

Pokemonfan5

Many wins=/ super strong. Most of the opponents rowlett fought were barely strong. The last grand trail it took part was with olivia, who is like the equivalent to a 4th gym leader. So lets not pretend like all its opponents were super strong. Hau and Decidueye were a joke. Like you mentioned before braviary did take some damage against lycanrock. And in my post i did say it ties with bayleaf.
Again asking what exactly Bayleef had in comparison? As Rowlet had much better wins, Rowlet also beat Ryuki 2 dragons, Kukui is like champion level trainer who is faaar more powerful than any trainer Ash face with Bayleef, Bulbasaur was also completely useless in gym run as he had ZERO win in gym battles what you gonna say about that? While Rowlet had score one victory in all 4 trials/Grand trials.

How is Hau Decidueye is a joke when he beat more powerful Hala than Ash? Hala was already much stronger than he was in games first grand trial when he face Ash, he was even more powerful in his grand trial against Hau as he also had crabominable, so Hau can be around 6th gym leader level opponent, Decidueye had close fight with Rowlet who had more experience and training than Johto league Bulbasaur, not to mention many random league trainers was soooo pathetically weak that they lose to baby Pokemons like Krabby, Phanpy and Scraggy, even Lillie's snowy had more experience than Phanpy as those random trainers face anime exclusive gyms which can be as strong as first gym leaders as this is the only explanation for them losing against baby Pokemons.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Again asking what exactly Bayleef had in comparison? As Rowlet had much better wins, Rowlet also beat Ryuki 2 dragons, Kukui is like champion level trainer who is faaar more powerful than any trainer Ash face with Bayleef, Bulbasaur was also completely useless in gym run as he had ZERO win in gym battles what you gonna say about that? While Rowlet had score one victory in all 4 trials/Grand trials.

How is Hau Decidueye is a joke when he baat more powerful Hala than Ash? Hala was already much stronger than he was in games first grand trial when he face Ash, he was even more powerful in his grand trial against Hau as he also had crabominable, so Hau can be around 6th gym leader level opponent, Decidueye had close fight with Rowlet who had more experience and training than Johto league Bulbasaur, not to mention many random league trainers was soooo pathetically weak that they lose to baby Pokemons like Krabby, Phanpy and Scraggy, even Lillie's snowy had more experience than Phanpy as those random trainers face anime exclusive gyms which can be as strong as first gym leaders as this is the only explanation for them losing against baby Pokemons.
Simple answer: Bias towards a Pokémon and laughing emoji react to any argument, with the only response being "it's opponents are weak because it lost to a Mon I don't like"
Just because rowlet is lazy doesn't mean it wasn't strong. It was consistently good and DEFINITELY has a better showing then snivy, Torterra and bayleef. I'd argue bulbasaur too coz it did nothing outside of leagues and frontier. It's far from ash's weakest grass mon

Decidueye23

Simple answer: Bias towards a Pokémon and laughing emoji react to any argument, with the only response being "it's opponents are weak because it lost to a Mon I don't like"
Just because rowlet is lazy doesn't mean it wasn't strong. It was consistently good and DEFINITELY has a better showing then snivy, Torterra and bayleef. I'd argue bulbasaur too coz it did nothing outside of leagues and frontier. It's far from ash's weakest grass mon
Bayleaf i ll give you. How does it have a better showing than torterra? Its opponents werent strong. Literally the only strong opponent it fought against was kukui. And that too it ddint really solo braviary. Bulbasaur did nothing outside leagues and frontier. Thats such a shitty argument. You are basically asking me to ignore what it did and look at what it didnt do?

"It lost to a mon i dont like". Have you seen my username?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Bayleaf i ll give you. How does it have a better showing than torterra? Its opponents werent strong. Literally the only strong opponent it fought against was kukui. And that too it ddint really solo braviary. Bulbasaur did nothing outside leagues and frontier. Thats such a shitty argument. You are basically asking me to ignore what it did and look at what it didnt do?

You can still dislike a particular Mon as shown while still liking the species
And again with the weak thing, why are Rowlet opponents considered weak but everyone else's opponents considered strong? Hau literally only lost against Ash, so because he lost against rowlet he's weak? How do you even judge the power levels compared to other series when there's nothing to indicate otherwise.
Ukw Jackson was weak af then coz bulbasaur tied with Meganium
Brandon's mons aside from the Regis are weak as hell too because bulbasaur defeated one

Heck what did even snivy do that it's above rowlet? Torterra may have lost against strong opponents but it STILL lost, it has no victory to its name which is a big indicator to its strength. It's only good achievements are as a turtwig which are against gym leaders, same with Rowlet and kahunas and trials. I'm not asking you to ignore what Bulbasaur did, but to show it was never as consistent as rowlet has shown to be, who has been constantly winning and has had a better performance.

Decidueye23

You can still dislike a particular Mon as shown while still liking the species
And again with the weak thing, why are Rowlet opponents considered weak but everyone else's opponents considered strong? Hau literally only lost against Ash, so because he lost against rowlet he's weak? How do you even judge the power levels compared to other series when there's nothing to indicate otherwise.
Ukw Jackson was weak af then coz bulbasaur tied with Meganium
Brandon's mons aside from the Regis are weak as hell too because bulbasaur defeated one

Heck what did even snivy do that it's above rowlet? Torterra may have lost against strong opponents but it STILL lost, it has no victory to its name which is a big indicator to its strength. It's only good achievements are as a turtwig which are against gym leaders, same with Rowlet and kahunas and trials. I'm not asking you to ignore what Bulbasaur did, but to show it was never as consistent as rowlet has shown to be, who has been constantly winning and has had a better performance.
Say i play a sport with my friends. I keep winning. Then there is professional player... who lost a few games professionally. Does that make me a better player than him?

Also, i am saying hau was weak not because he lost against rowlett. There was literally nothing to indicate his strenght. And fromt he battle against rowlett his decisueye wasnt something special. Brandon had the title to support his strength.

Also, i am not saying rowlett is inherently weak. I am just saying its one of Ash's weakest grass types. Tied wirh bayleaf.

Alright. You got ne with snivy. I cant defend a mess like BW. But that still puts rowlett in his wekaer grassmons.

RafaSceptile

Say i play a sport with my friends. I keep winning. Then there is professional player... who lost a few games professionally. Does that make me a better player than him?
Ash is the Alola Champion and won against an E4 level trainer so yeah...that makes Ash a profesional.

People rellay needs to accept when X Pokémon is strong, I can't believe at this point people continue to Say that he is weaker than Snivy, Bayleef or the favorite jobber #1 Torterra.

Pokemonfan5

And how is Torterra opponent is more stronger other than Hippowdon? Rowlet face Braviary and Venasaur from a trainer who is more powerful than those Torterra face plus Rowlet had type disadvantage,

You literally ignoring how Rowlet won many battles in 4 trials and Ryuki gym while Bulbasaur had ZERO in gyms, Bulbasaur win in johto league and battle frontier is the reason I'm putting him in either same level as Rowlet or little above.

Status
Not open for further replies.