• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 13th: PM2019 076 - Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
When I say BoTW I don't mean an open world Pokémon game
What I mean is a game with the same level of dedication hardwork and time that BoTW got, resulting in the most successful entry in the franchise and elevating the said franchise to greater heights
That's what I want for Pokémon, a game like that.

Makes sense, I'm more fan of the classic Zelda games to be fair. The Oracles games from GBC for example, are a masterpiece for me, I love Open World games, Fallout 3,NV, Oblivion and Skyrim are my favorite games besides some zeldas and of course Pokémon. But how it will work with Pokémon? Cause I don't see it. I will be happy with good storyline, interesting Pokemon, interesting locations and challenges.

Also, this is about the Alola episode. So let's change topics, Ok?

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Ash reuniting with his friends, catching up, and meeting his baby brother doesnt count as "something"?

Not really, as it was just him and them standing around catching up.
Oh, there was a battle between Goh and Kiawe...but it was so short and shoe-horned in it didn't leave much of an impression. Especially since I wanted to see Goh destroyed (proverbially) by that Z- Move...-_-

Red and Blue

Oh, there was a battle between Goh and Kiawe...but it was so short and shoe-horned in it didn't leave much of an impression. Especially since I wanted to see Goh destroyed (proverbially) by that Z- Move...-_-
Ok but I'm not sure how that qualifies as nothing. Not every episode needs to have a big event in it.

Pokemonfan5

Alola episode use to develop Go character because he isn't very social person after feeling betrayed in his childhood that Ash is the only human he befriended after that, Alola gang was perfect choice because how welcoming they're, we got to see Kukui and Burnet child Lei and the progress for Mohn search which maybe indication for future episode.

After May Alola gang is the only returning characters who help in new character development even if it was small while others only befriended them (Dawn seems helping in Chloe development now)

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Alola episode use to develop Go character because he isn't very social person after feeling betrayed in his childhood that Ash is the only human he befriended after that, Alola gang was perfect choice because how welcoming they're, we got to see Kukui and Burnet child Lei and the progress for Mohn search which maybe indication for future episode.

After May Alola gang is the only returning characters who help in new character development even if it was small while others only befriended them (Dawn seems helping in Chloe development now)
Iris helped in Dragonite development, Korrina inspired riolu and will probably be the catharsis for it mega evolving and Gary is developing Goh

Pokemonfan5

Iris helped in Dragonite development, Korrina inspired riolu and will probably be the catharsis for it mega evolving and Gary is developing Goh
I'm talking about new characters development means Ash's new companion, Korrina one use for Ash to reach super class but I don't understand what it did for Riolu as he was already battle hungry in his debut episode.
And I'm counting main characters return because fans mostly compared them, Gary return in BF/DP neved compared with Ash's companions.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash reuniting with his friends, catching up, and meeting his baby brother doesnt count as "something"?
Why catch up with some people he saw 2 weeks(?) ago.

The baby not getting stuck in Burnet's temporal womb was perhaps the only something.

We returned and saw them being themselves with no progress into whatever they like to do. They're still stuck at school, for one.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A baby that literally shouldn't exist.... what's wrong with making Ash 11?! -_-

'reuniting' with friends we saw a literal year ago/few weeks for Ash and apart from Lillie, they're literally right back where they previously were instead of Hoenn for Soph and who knows where for Lana(Not the first time they ignored SM either considering Alola Meowth is just gone for whatever reason, probably fell into the same void as Gozu)

Not to mention Ash just stood around the whole time, we didn't get to see Incineroar fight, Melmetal didn't reveal his new form, Team Rocket(the BEST part of SM) weren't even in it, it was a pointless episode! I'm glad THIS episode at least confirms unlike SM, majority of Alola probably won't be on boring Melemele. Maybe Akala and Ula'Ula will actually get the respect they deserve this time

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
While Gary urged Goh to join Project Mew, Korrina and Iris fought Ash in an important stage of PWC and Dawn is helping Koharu develop, the Alola episode could be skipped and nothing would happen...

Now we have this, another Pokémon race -_-

Why complain? We don't even have a summary for this yet. But also...

How many times have the kids gone to other regions and it felt like wasted time?

They went to Johto for that boring Ho-oh and old man filler.

They went to Hoenn for that bad dual episode thing with Marshtomp and TR dubbing Pikachu.

They went to Sinnoh for that Velma chick that stole Dawn, Brock, and Misty's walking Pokémon.

They went to Unova for that awful Cinderace and Lucario filler.

They went to Kalos to release Goh's Flabébé that no one cared about.

D

Deleted member 384931

Why complain? We don't even have a summary for this yet. But also...

How many times have the kids gone to other regions and it felt like wasted time?

They went to Johto for that boring Ho-oh and old man filler.

They went to Hoenn for that bad dual episode thing with Marshtomp and TR dubbing Pikachu.

They went to Sinnoh for that Velma chick that stole Dawn, Brock, and Misty's walking Pokémon.

They went to Unova for that awful Cinderace and Lucario filler.

They went to Kalos to release Goh's Flabébé that no one cared about.
Cant argue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.