• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 13th: PM2019 076 - Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor94

So:
1- Finally TRio will be reunited with their Alola mons?
2- Finally Ash will catch Passimian?
3- Finally will Kommo-o get the attention it deserves? (pls don't tell me it belongs to that little kid)
4- Finally will Goh got a Z-Ring?
5- Finally Ash will be remembered as a regional champion?
1-definitely
2-no it will be likely Goh, like usual
3-probably
4-Hope not, Goh stolen enough of Ash skill area spotlight, don't need to add z-bond in the list.
5-More like, alola natives finally remember about having a champion, but what i would like is for the anime showing the other regions to officially see ash as a regional champion, like the other regions aknowledged iris as unova champion.

Last edited:

Pokemonfan5

but what i would like is for the anime showing the other regions to officially see ash as a regional champion, like the other regions aknowledged iris as unova champion.
But we didn't see other regions know about Iris champion status just like Ash.

thor94

i'm starting wonder if u probably skipped this episode.
Damn, if they wanted to bring a boldore for the episode, why not finally giving screentime (and evolution opportunity) to ash older pokemon (they deserve it, especially unova ones who didn't really shone with Ash hard reset), instead of picking one of Goh easily forgettable catch of the day?
Really hope it is ash boldore and not Goh one (but with the writers harsh treatment of ash who only use him for basic fanservice instead of true character development, i doubt it will happen). And it would be an humiliation if Goh boldore evolved before the supposed older and more experienced Ash's

ShadowForce720

Damn, if they wanted to bring a boldore for the episode, why not finally giving screentime (and evolution opportunity) to ash older pokemon (they deserve it, especially unova ones who didn't really shone with Ash hard reset), instead of picking one of Goh easily forgettable catch of the day?
Really hope it is ash boldore and not Goh one (but with the writers harsh treatment of ash who only use him for basic fanservice instead of true character development, i doubt it will happen). And it would be an humiliation if Goh boldore evolved before the supposed older and more experienced Ash's
Just pointing this out but you do realize that they probably plan on having a situation where both Ash’s Boldore and Goh’s Boldore evolve at the same time.

I mean think about out of all the Pokémon that Goh has that evolves via trade Boldore is the only one that Goh caught in it’s middle stage. They can easily create a situation where Ash and Goh accidentally trade Boldore and which cause their Boldore to evolve and then they get traded back to their respective trainers.

I do think the Boldore appearing here does belong to Goh but I don’t think it will evolve in this episode.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Nah Poipole was fine, the real mistake was the writers refusing to have him catch a replacement instead of waiting until the very end and have it return for literally only two battles.
I think the main mistake was Ash not keeping Poipole nor properly train it. I'd have no issue if after the Necrozma bit, Poipole decided to stick with Ash and seriously become one of his pokémon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Look I'm calling it now, this episode will suck and be pretty forgettable for the most part

Let's do a checklist. It's set in Alola, BUT:

1) Alola has absolutely no interest in participating in the PWC (perhaps because the writers don't want Alola after being done with it right away).
2) The two kids are surely not even PWC participants.
3) The setting is a random little isle.
4) The point of the race is more of a Goh thing than an Ash thing.
5) The closest the narrative wants to make this canon is just by making someone mention Ash is the Alola (League) Champion. A grand total of...2 kids only make the connection.
6) We don't even have the Alola classmates around for some reason.

Yup.

I don't mind Poipole deciding to return to its dimension but it could have put that off until the end. With the excuse being it wanted to help out Ash with his remaining trial, Ultra Guardian missions, and the League
Goodra should have done that. Why it was released in the first place “it has to defend its homeland” is basically the writers saying “we don’t want Ash to be OP” which is hypocritical because Goodra sucks balls. If it wasn’t released it might have done better. Then again it got unlucky against Alain and did ok against Sawyer because it was up against a Slurpuff.

nickdt

Just pointing this out but you do realize that they probably plan on having a situation where both Ash’s Boldore and Goh’s Boldore evolve at the same time.

I mean think about out of all the Pokémon that Goh has that evolves via trade Boldore is the only one that Goh caught in it’s middle stage. They can easily create a situation where Ash and Goh accidentally trade Boldore and which cause their Boldore to evolve and then they get traded back to their respective trainers.

I do think the Boldore appearing here does belong to Goh but I don’t think it will evolve in this episode.

Didn't they make a statement they wanted to have Ash's Boldore evolve but Gigalith was annoying to animate on-screen constantly, unlike Boldore. So yeah, the way Journeys is set-up, its more likely it evolves in this series than it was in Unova (And Gigalith in itself showed up only twice in Unova and after it didn't anymore). Boldore however, has appeared in every series upon introduction (With it appearing 5 times in Journeys before Goh caught one).

Ummm looking at Boldore appearing 5 times before Goh caught one i have to say it seems unlikely Boldore is gonna evolve, since it seems the writers prefer Boldore over Gigalith.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

i'm starting wonder if u probably skipped this episode.
It isn't people's job to keep track of what Goh gets. You'd forget he even owned 80% the things he has as they're all forgettable aside from Kaijucarp, Dewgong and the starters

I've had that thought cross my mind a few times. I hope if they evolve they do do that rather than another stupid Wikstrom situation where a simply tradeback happens within five seconds making the evolution uneventful and unearned.
Ash needs Gigalith, Goh doesn't. Ash's Unova team needs fixing like how Donphan and Quilava enhanced how his Johto team looked

RafaSceptile

The obsession with mentioning Ash's Alolan champion status is more of that self insert stuff we were talking about rearing its ugly head

Remember Serebiians, YOU didn't win a tournament, a cartoon did

and besides, its time for a 2nd Alolan Champion by now in-universe to make Ash's title even less unique
Regional Champion is a unique title (only one current champion), unlike Pokémon League Winner

Pokemonfan5

The obsession with mentioning Ash's Alolan champion status is more of that self insert stuff we were talking about rearing its ugly head

Remember Serebiians, YOU didn't win a tournament, a cartoon did

and besides, its time for a 2nd Alolan Champion by now in-universe to make Ash's title even less unique
2nd Alola champion can't happen until Alola league winner beat current champion Ash or Ash give up on that title, also being first ever Champion is really big thing than just champion, Ash made a big name in Alola region history for being first ever Champion of Alola region as well as the trainer who beat a guardian deity in front of entire region.

Status
Not open for further replies.