• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 13th: PM2019 076 - Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeal

The hell is this argument lol? He doesn't want them to worship and praise him for literally everything he does, he wants his status as A CHAMPION acknowledged, something that should hold value and inspire young trainers. Esp in a series which hasn't 'worshipped' him throughout, geez
Except he was not "worshipped or praised for everything he does", he was ADMIRED by two companions for being an amazing trainer, his confidence and bravery(which both Citron and Serena lacked ).

RafaSceptile

Except he was not "worshipped or praised for everything he does", he was ADMIRED by two companions for being an amazing trainer, his confidence and bravery(which both Citron and Serena lacked ).
He was, the fact that EVERYONE was praising Ash including Clemont, Serena, Sawyer, Alain and even freaking Lysandre and arguibly Diantha is enough proof of that.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question how will they gave Alolan Sandslash survive on the island with no snow if it appears

Jeal

He was, the fact that EVERYONE was praising Ash including Clemont, Serena, Sawyer, Alain and even freaking Lysandre and arguibly Diantha is enough proof of that.
No, he wasn't. Citron and Serena were two people with low confidence and lack of courage. They saw these qualities in Satoshi, so they admired him because of these qualities and decided to travel with him to develop them.

Shōta was a rookie without battle skills, and took notes of a much stronger trainer. This isn't "praising" nor "worshipping", it's common sense.

Carnet was worried about Gojika's prophecy, about Satoshi being involved, and the Satoshi-Gekkouga thing.

Fuladari was interessed on Satoshi-Gekkouga.

Alan barely knew Satoshi's name, if someone not praised Satoshi was Alan for sure. He was only confused about Satoshi-Gekkouga.

You can dislike it whatever you want, but every one of them had a reason to be interessed on Satoshi. He wasn't "praised for everything he does".

ShadowForce720

Question how will they gave Alolan Sandslash survive on the island with no snow if it appears
Easy, it was never once stated that Alolan Sandslash couldn’t survive outside of the cold or in a different environment.

Basically a Alolan Sandslash appearing on the island is not a question of how it will it survive, but is more of a question of how did it get their.

I think it’s important to point out that literally the only case of a Ice type Pokémon being stated to have trouble surviving outside of cold weather was Amaura needing the cold weather to survive in X&Y.

Outside of that one case it has never been stated or even remotely implied that a Ice type would have trouble serving outside of a cold environment.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

kickachu

Momentai!
Besides the passmassian and bruxish what other pokemon you think might appear like some fan faves

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The scary part is that I can see that actually happening...
Do you guys just doompost anything?
Did I bring up XY in my post? Idc what your opinions are about that my post was answering the absurdity that Ash being a champion be important that some people want is hypocritical if they didn't like how he was handled in XY

RafaSceptile

No, he wasn't. Citron and Serena were two people with low confidence and lack of courage. They saw these qualities in Satoshi, so they admired him because of these qualities and decided to travel with him to develop them.

Shōta was a rookie without battle skills, and took notes of a much stronger trainer. This isn't "praising" nor "worshipping", it's common sense.

Carnet was worried about Gojika's prophecy, about Satoshi being involved, and the Satoshi-Gekkouga thing.

Fuladari was interessed on Satoshi-Gekkouga.

Alan barely knew Satoshi's name, if someone not praised Satoshi was Alan for sure. He was only confused about Satoshi-Gekkouga.

You can dislike it whatever you want, but every one of them had a reason to be interessed on Satoshi. He wasn't "praised for everything he does".
Yes, he was. The entirety of Ash's character in XY was about this "heroic shounen" type of character, which is why everyone around Ash praises him, from his companions to other relevant characters and even COTDs. Enough proof of this is Miette, who feels more like an Amourshipping rival instead of a Showcases rival, and that is because the only Serena's rival who did something significant for Serena was Shauna.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Why don’t some of you fools quit it with this crap before this thread gets potentially locked by some mod since some of y’all seem to have no self-control like if you needed to go through rehab.

To be back on topic sort of, I pretty much mentioned this twice but stating for the third time, I’m only really interested in the Kommo-o as that thing was entirely shafted in the anime despite being a pseudo, some slight focus into it can be nice. Big bonus if we can finally see it’s exclusive Z-Move, although there is an technically an issue with that as it requires the Z-Power Ring in order to function which the only ones known to have access right now are Gladion, TR, and Ash himself. Although TR no longer has access at the moment and Gladion is out of the region and the status of Z-Power Rings are technically unknown as the anime only showed them thrice.

Journeys finally trying to put some substance on the bland interpretation of Ash this season? Hard to do in a compelling fashion when it's using the Alola tournament has a basis to build off of, but let's see what happens.

I'm actually interesting in seeing how they handle this, although some of it might also be seeing Ash in Alola and me not having a hard time watching him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

I bet those two kids cant use a Z-move, made a fake Z-ring and let their pokemon use moves to make it look they can use a Z-move with their pokemon to impress Satoshi.

Jeal

Yes, he was. The entirety of Ash's character in XY was about this "heroic shounen" type of character, which is why everyone around Ash praises him, from his companions to other relevant characters and even COTDs. Enough proof of this is Miette, who feels more like an Amourshipping rival instead of a Showcases rival, and that is because the only Serena's rival who did something significant for Serena was Shauna.
No, he wasn't. Admiration for one's qualities or acknowledgement of one's skills are not "praise".

Millefeui didn't care about Satoshi, she was only teasing Serena, if you didn't realize yet.

Satoshi was always heroic, it's his character, XY didn't turned him heroic.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think Miette was indeed interested on him. Teasing Serena was mostly a bonus. She seems to me like the kind of girl who likes the thrill of the challenge so she teases Serena so she can actually make a move and become a "worthy opponent".

Just my interpretation though

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder how Mareanie will react when she sees James again

Status
Not open for further replies.