• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 13th: PM2019 076 - Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystreon

the elder eevee
And how in many episodes Ash spend time with Alola gang individually knowing and bonding with them, which rarely happen in past series as he was always with a group, even Sophocles and Rotom had much better chemistry with Ash than Tracey and Bonnie
im glad some people get it

Remix2

I like how Ash being the Alolan (League) Champion is apparently so alien to everyone in its own native region that two kids only find that impressive.

Not even champions of other regions dare know about that. I bet Leon doesn't mind the fact he became the new Alola (League) Champion by beating Ash's strongest mon.

Apparently even the people of aloha treated there own league as much as a afterthought as the writers did lol

Jeal

Yes, he was. Those qualities where pretty much the entirety of Ash's character during XY, and he was admired because people around him lack of those qualities for some reasons, unlike previous series.

It is very obvious that Miette had an interest in Ash, and not only for teasing Serena.

Meanwhile Ash is always heroic, people never put him in an absolute pedestal and never all of the relevant characters are around him prasing Ash for X or Y reason.
Ok, you are a passive person with low confidence. You have a brave, confident friend. You see the qualities you wish to have in him, and you admire him for this. Are you praising him? No.

Your friend is a experienced martial artist, and fights with a master. He loses, of course, but put a good fight. The master compliments him for his skills, even though he lost. Is the master praising him? No.

Your friend fights a friendly fight with a rookie. He obviously wins, and gives some advice. The rookie takes notes from him, because he knows your friend is stronger. Is the rookie praising him? No.

Are you all putting him in a pedestal? No, you all acknowledge his qualities and skills.

No, she hadn't. It's obvious that she was teasing Serena, if you didn't realize this yet, I don't know what to say...

Oh no! The protagonist's qualities are acknowledged by the characters! How dare the writers do something like that!

Satoshi wasn't any more "praised" than the game protagonists, who have everyone around them complimenting their skills, like you said.

It would be praising if he had a fanclub like Shigeru's waiting for him in every town he visited.

Look, I know you guys hate the fact that Satoshi is the protagonist, but you have to get over it, and learn to live with it. He probably won't be replaced anytime soon. And if he is replaced, it will be a boy, not a girl.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah cuz clemont/bonnie praised him every time he took a dump or pissed in the wild. These arguments made against XY are some of the funniest **** on the internet.
I'm tired of people like you who can't ****ing read and still come at me for dumbass reasons when I made it perfectly clear my post wasn't about XY but the absurdity that wanting Ash's champion status to be important is hypocritical if they didn't like how he was handled in XY. So kindly get off my mentions

RafaSceptile

Ok, you are a passive person with low confidence. You have a brave, confident friend. You see the qualities you wish to have in him, and you admire him for this. Are you praising him? No.

Your friend is a experienced martial artist, and fights with a master. He loses, of course, but put a good fight. The master compliments him for his skills, even though he lost. Is the master praising him? No.

Your friend fights a friendly fight with a rookie. He obviously wins, and gives some advice. The rookie takes notes from him, because he knows your friend is stronger. Is the rookie praising him? No.

Are you all putting him in a pedestal? No, you all acknowledge his qualities and skills.
The short answers are Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. Ash had most of those qualities in previous series and he never was praised that much, because other people also have some of those qualities and doesn't make Ash looking "special".
Satoshi wasn't any more "praised" than the game protagonists, who have everyone around them complimenting their skills, like you said.

It would be praising if he had a fanclub like Shigeru's waiting for him in every town he visited.

Look, I know you guys hate the fact that Satoshi is the protagonist, but you have to get over it, and learn to live with it. He probably won't be replaced anytime soon. And if he is replaced, it will be a boy, not a girl.
Not a good example as the games MC are very bad in terms of character. There is a reason why people joke about "Ash's fanclub in Kalos" with Serena, Clemont, Sawyer and Alain. We don't hate Ash, but some people just don't like how he was portrayed in XY as a pseudo shounen-type character.

The catching contest sounds boring on its own
It really is. Without the fact that the episode is addressing Ash's Champion status, this episode will be boring.

Not about this episode, but Volkner looks great in Journeys' artstyle

Jeal

The short answers are Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. Ash had most of those qualities in previous series and he never was praised that much, because other people also have some of those qualities and doesn't make Ash looking "special".

Not a good example as the games MC are very bad in terms of character. There is a reason why people joke about "Ash's fanclub in Kalos" with Serena, Clemont, Sawyer and Alain. We don't hate Ash, but some people just don't like how he was portrayed in XY as a pseudo shounen-type character.
The answers are No, No, No and No.

Yeah, he had these qualities in previous series, and they were acknowledged in these series too. The only reason people say he was praised it's because his companions didn't look down on him, rather they supported him. But guess what? He didn't look down on them too, and they respected him for it.

I already said that Alan, sure as hell, didn't praise Satoshi. Do you know why? Because THEY BARELY INTERACTED outside of battles. A hint more of you making things bigger than they really were. If Alan praised Satoshi, then he was praised on every series, and your criticism against XY becomes irrelevant.

Satoshi was always a influencer. You have Kasumi, following a boy she just met(and we all know it wasn't because of the bike). Then you have Dento, abandoning his gym and restaurant to follow this challenger. Then you have Iris, following this random boy because... ?

Yes, this is about Satoshi. Keep XY Satoshi's entire shounen hero character, but turn him on a girl, and nobody would be complaining about all the "praising", rather she would be "best girl ever".

RafaSceptile

Yeah, he had these qualities in previous series, and they were acknowledged in these series too. The only reason people say he was praised it's because his companions didn't look down on him, rather they supported him. But guess what? He didn't look down on them too, and they respected him for it.

I already said that Alan, sure as hell, didn't praise Satoshi. Do you know why? Because THEY BARELY INTERACTED outside of battles. A hint more of you making things bigger than they really were. If Alan praised Satoshi, then he was praised on every series, and your criticism against XY becomes irrelevant.

Satoshi was always a influencer. You have Kasumi, following a boy she just met(and we all know it wasn't because of the bike). Then you have Dento, abandoning his gym and restaurant to follow this challenger. Then you have Iris, following this random boy because... ?

Yes, this is about Satoshi. Keep XY Satoshi's entire shounen hero character, but turn him on a girl, and nobody would be complaining about all the "praising", rather she would be "best girl ever".
Ash's qualities were recognized in previous series but he never had people around him praising him. In fact, people around him were challenging him and supporting to become even better, not trying to make him look like the coolest character ever. The biggest example of this is DP, about how even when people look at Ash as a strong character, most of the time he faces the reality about how other characters around him are as good if not better (mainly Paul) and has conflicts about it.

Alain, the trainer that faced E4, Champion trainers and Legendary Pokémon and beated 10 megaevolutions in a row and that showed absolute no interest against those trainers stronger than Ash magically had an interest into Ash. This is one of the biggest examples about how everyone was intended to have a main interest into Ash in one way or another.

Misty followed him because of the bike, the "shipping" between Ash and Misty is not toally clear. Cilan decided to travel with Ash because he was inspired by his battle strategy, but unlike Clemont he had an actual goal revealed later. Iris just wanted to travel with Ash, but she usually looked at him as at best her equal.

I don't understand the last point, crossdressed Ash is just a joke gag present in every singles but XY, so I'm not sure why you should care about if people complain or not, because it is a gag.

Is it even fair with Gou's catch rate and Satoshis knowledge about Alola
Tbh...no, it is not. With both things probably not even all the other participants combined will win against Ash's knowledge of Alola+Goh's catch rate.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

The answers are Pasta, Pasta, Pasta and Pasta.

Jeal

Ash's qualities were recognized in previous series but he never had people around him praising him. In fact, people around him were challenging him and supporting to become even better, not trying to make him look like the coolest character ever. The biggest example of this is DP, about how even when people look at Ash as a strong character, most of the time he faces the reality about how other characters around him are as good if not better (mainly Paul) and has conflicts about it.

Alain, the trainer that faced E4, Champion trainers and Legendary Pokémon and beated 10 megaevolutions in a row and that showed absolute no interest against those trainers stronger than Ash magically had an interest into Ash. This is one of the biggest examples about how everyone was intended to have a main interest into Ash in one way or another.

Misty followed him because of the bike, the "shipping" between Ash and Misty is not toally clear. Cilan decided to travel with Ash because he was inspired by his battle strategy, but unlike Clemont he had an actual goal revealed later. Iris just wanted to travel with Ash, but she usually looked at him as at best her equal.

I don't understand the last point, crossdressed Ash is just a joke gag present in every singles but XY, so I'm not sure why you should care about if people complain or not, because it is a gag.

Tbh...no, it is not. With both things probably not even all the other participants combined will win against Ash's knowledge of Alola+Goh's catch rate.
No one was around praising him, it was exactly the same as previous series, except both Satoshi and his companions were mature enough to don't get on fights over stupid things and annoy each other all the time.

He hadn't interest on Satoshi, for the third time, they barely interacted. He was only confused about what Satoshi-Gekkouga was.

Ok, you says that Millefeui had interest on Satoshi, but denies that Kasumi had such interest on Satoshi. Right...

It wasn't about the bike. She didn't follow him around for over 270 episodes because a bike. Did you watch her departure episode? If it was about the bike, she would leave with no problem when nurse Joy fixed it. Rather, she got sad when Satoshi congratulated her for it and said that she already could go back to Hanada Gym.

Citron's goal was to be more confident. Same as Serena's. They wanted to become the better version of themselves.

And why did she want to travel with this random boy she just met? What's so special about Satoshi that makes people want to follow him after just meeting him?

What crossdressing have to do with anything? What I was saying is that if it was a girl that was receiving all the "praising", if it was a girl with the same exact personality of XY Satoshi, no one would complain about it. Everyone woud love this "boring, bland, shounen heroine".

Status
Not open for further replies.