• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 16th: PM2019 033 - Who Wants to Trade Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and Go are visiting the Kuchiba City Trade Event, where a Trainer that really wants a Kailios asks Go to trade with them.

-------

Satoshi and Go are visiting a "Pokémon Trade Event" being held at the Pokémon Center in Kuchiba City, where a they meet a Trainer named Koromi, who introduces herself as "the Bug Pokéqueen of Sinnoh". Koromi really wants a Kailios, but since Go doesn't want to give his own Kailios up, he decides to help her search for a wild one instead. Koromi attempts to lure out a Kailios using a specially made type of "Sweet Honey", but rather than a Kailios appearing, it's a...?!

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 門田英彦 (Hidehiko Kadota)
Animation Director 谷澤泰史 (Yasushi Tanizawa)
Animation Director 日置正志 (Masashi Hioki)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Nice wonder who and what they will trade? I can see Ash trading a Tauros here

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’m kind of worried Ash might trade Farfetch’d (Not to Go for Sobble tho lol). I really hope he keeps it.
It’s not going anywhere, this is likely a Go focused ep regarding his Scyther.

PAndrews

Wonder who's trading.

Part of me feels a potential repeat of Buizel and Aipon with Farfetch'd and Sobble (which would explain all the original scans showing Ash with Sobble and not mentioning Farfetch'd).
A trade would also explain why Ash got the very pokemon Go was obsessing over getting and why Go (a kid who has no interest in training) was given a Pokemon who's dream is to get strong.
However in that scenario you have to wonder why they didn't just catch the "correct" ones straight away instead of having Go lose to Farfetch'd and accidentally catch Sobble only for them to trade a few episodes later. If Go's Sobble were to go to Ash I'd prefer it used as a character growth moment for Go, realizing Pokemon have dreams too and aren't mere collectables and giving it to Ash while asking him to bring out its full potential (similar to what Brock did in the Charmander episode). Go is already treating his Pokemon like baseball cards, so him trading one because he likes another more would just cement that fact even more (even the Raboot rebels part was handled poorly since Go said sorry and now Raboot is fine just hanging around and seems to have given up on getting stronger).

Hopefully this is an episode about how Go hears about trade evolutions and wants to see one (kind of like how he wanted to see an egg in the Riolu episode).
Either by hearing how Scyther evolves or he captures something that evolves through trade and wants to see it evolve

PsychoLogical

Wonder who's trading.

Part of me feels a potential repeat of Buizel and Aipon with Farfetch'd and Sobble (which would explain all the original scans showing Ash with Sobble and not mentioning Farfetch'd).
A trade would also explain why Ash got the very pokemon Go was obsessing over getting and why Go (a kid who has no interest in training) was given a Pokemon who's dream is to get strong.
However in that scenario you have to wonder why they didn't just catch the "correct" ones straight away instead of having Go lose to Farfetch'd and accidentally catch Sobble only for them to trade a few episodes later. If Go's Sobble were to go to Ash I'd prefer it used as a character growth moment for Go, realizing Pokemon have dreams too and aren't mere collectables and giving it to Ash while asking him to bring out its full potential (similar to what Brock did in the Charmander episode). Go is already treating his Pokemon like baseball cards, so him trading one because he likes another more would just cement that fact even more (even the Raboot rebels part was handled poorly since Go said sorry and now Raboot is fine just hanging around and seems to have given up on getting stronger).

Hopefully this is an episode about how Go hears about trade evolutions and wants to see one (kind of like how he wanted to see an egg in the Riolu episode).
Either by hearing how Scyther evolves or he captures something that evolves through trade and wants to see it evolve
This is likely regarding Go’s Scyther.

Last edited:

Zariful

This is likely regrading Go’s Scyther.
To add to this thought process, Go’s Scyther was on that poster with Go’s Raboot, Farfetch’d and Sobble. So that probably had implied it had an important role upcoming.

PsychoLogical

To add to this thought process, Go’s Scyther was on that poster with Go’s Raboot, Farfetch’d and Sobble. So that probably had implied it had an important role upcoming.
Ye, I’ve kinda been saying this for weeks, I refuse to believe that Scyther is just going to be rotting in the lab compared to his other mons.

PAndrews

This is likely regrading Go’s Scyther.

Actually curious about that, since we've seen item evolutions happen in the past and the trade portion wasn't required, simply holding the item was enough (like Misty's Poliwhirl).
So I think it might be a new capture who evolves solely through trade (we have seen those in the anime) or Go simply hearing about trade evolutions and wanting to see it (just like when he first heard of Pokemon eggs and wanted to see one)

As I said, a Sobble - Farfetch'd trade would explain the "wrong person capture" and all the magazine scans misinformation, but would raise the question of "why not just capture them the correct way in the first place" (same as wondering why Ash didn't simply catch Buizel and leave Aipom in Kanto) and in terms of character growth would actually be more negative then positive for Go (who already neglects his Pokemons desires and treats them like collectables).

PsychoLogical

Watch goh trade Sobble to ash and the fans have a complete meltdown over it lol.
Or yet, just gives it to him with Go getting nothing in return. Tho rather would not have Sobble handed to Ash, trade or not. kek

BM14murph

Master Collector
I know this is not happening but i'd love if Ash met Sabrina again and traded his Gengar for the Haunter that was going to help in their gym battle. Haunter would evolve into Gengar due to the trade so Ash wouldn't lose a Pokemon at all.

It really bothers me that they had him catch a brand new Gengar while the Haunter associated with him has just been completely forgotten :(

Status
Not open for further replies.