• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 16th: PM2019 033 - Who Wants to Trade Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
If Ash is one of the traders, this would be a good chance to get rid of Torkoal or Palpitoad. Don't know what the writers were thinking when they made Ash catch these cannon fodders.
while palpitoad didnt get the best showing he can always come back...idk the problem with torkoal he brought down a regi/legendary down to its knees thats pretty impressive

Master Pikachu 11

Watch it just be a random child being bullied about trading pokemon and Gou and Ash help them gain confidence by cheering them on while the child goes in a trading competition..
So pretty much yet another filler episode.

If Ash does not get a new Pokémon here then the 5-6 capture pattern is going to end. Which tells me that instead of a capture we are getting an evolution only. Which means the Bea episode could be where the evolution might happen.

Last edited:
I think the mods should lock this (without summary) threads for now. We are just shooting arrows in the dark here.

It is possible that this 'trade' doesn't even involve Ash's and Go's mons. Just some random COTDs trying to trade but getting interrupted (by TR) .

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I think the mods should lock this (without summary) threads for now. We are just shooting arrows in the dark here.

It is possible that this 'trade' doesn't even involve Ash's and Go's mons. Just some random COTDs trying to trade but getting interrupted (by TR) .

That's the thing about speculation, it's basically always shooting arrows in the dark regardless of a summary being available.

Icy-Snowflake

Isn't this a speculation thread? As ShinyCharyZard mentioned, speculations are always like that.
Even this one's a speculation. It could be that this arrow goes into the dark.

johno1995

Maybe this is a bonding episode between Goh and Scyther. Goh learns about trade evolution (maybe through a visit to Unova and through witnessing a Karrablast/Shelmet trade?) and bonds with Scyther. He could choose either not to trade it, or trades back and forth with Ash to get it to evolve?

esquilo09

We need the sunmary for this ep already cause the suspense kills when there’s nothing but a vague title.
Agreed! We only know the title implies that the episode is about trading Pokémon, but we don't know if it's a Go focused episode or Ash and Go helping a COTD(As usual)

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Maybe this is a bonding episode between Goh and Scyther. Goh learns about trade evolution (maybe through a visit to Unova and through witnessing a Karrablast/Shelmet trade?) and bonds with Scyther. He could choose either not to trade it, or trades back and forth with Ash to get it to evolve?

It's interesting that Scyther wasn't used in the Riolu fight last episode. At this point it feels like Beedrill has had as much focus as Scyther which I wasn't expecting.

With Farfetch'd they are likely trying to highlight the differences to Galarian Farfetche'd so I would be surprised if he remained a regular.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Until Summary comes which who knows when it’ll arrive, I’m still going to assume Go’s Scyther is going to have a main role for this ep since strangely Scyther was originally his second most used mon until his Farfetch’d took over and he’s also been using Beedrill along with it mainly. Go basically has 2 spots locked down with Raboot and Sobble with 4 more in rotation with Beedrill, Scyther, and Farfetch’d being the main rotators. But strangely/mysteriously he hasn’t been using Scyther alot now and has mainly used his Beedrill and especially Farfetch’d despite also getting plenty of screentime for it as well. Wonder why. He didnt even use it for training with Ash’s Riolu while using both Beedrill and Farfetch’d instead, despite that it’s shown that it’s battle heavy and has shown to be strong as well. Would’ve been perfect to use for Riolu, but no show strangely.

Last edited:

TomRC121991

I hope Summary will come up.
Either Oak's Lab Trade Ash's 29 Tarous for COTD or features Goh makes Scyther evolves into Scizor.

PsychoLogical

Either Oak's Lab Trade Ash's 29 Tarous for COTD or features Goh makes Scyther evolves into Scizor.
Ash isn’t trading any of his Tauros. It’s not that hard to understand.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Ash was offered to trade for his Tauros back in Johto and refused, he sure ain't going to do that now
I'll never understand why people think he needs to trade the other 29 off, if the Tauros he uses actually is the leader he'd be severely ticked off at Ash for getting rid of his friends

Ash also asks for his Pokemon's consent to trade, he's not like Jessie(Depending on the saga and Pokemon) or Goh who'd jump at the chance without even asking

PsychoLogical

The true question I want to know is if any trade will even happen in the end (Pinsir or not) :v

Red and Blue

No clue why the posts from yesterday were all deleted. It's not like they were off topic. Whatever.

Still think Go will keep his Pinsir

Status
Not open for further replies.