• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 17th: SM38 - Mimikkyu's Disguise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipsoccermaster

I think I just lost my appetite to eat breakfast this morning. An episode focused on Jessie...EW! Yeah, I'm with 345ash_greninja, not too interested in this one. I mean, I'll still watch it to see if something interesting comes out of this episode, besides a blast off. Maybe they'll focus on the Darkinium-Z in this episode a little bit, or they randomly find a Z-Ring, who knows.
Even Team Rocket and their Alola Pokémon need development every once in a while (seems to be averaging every 12-13 episodes). It wouldn't look good for Team Rocket in a saga if they don't have any development.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
You know what would be sweet? If Mimikyu gets upset thinking that Jessie wants Pikachu more so she assures him that Mimikyu is her partner as she cares for it. She only wants Pikachu for the boss. It'd be nice to see Mimikyu in a vulnerable state where it cries thinking it is not loved and that its hatred of Pikachu is justified.

I would absolutely love this to happen. We need some real bonding moments between Jessie and Mimikyu.

Judging by the name, does anyone think this is going to be the reveal of the new Mimikyu form/Z-move we saw in the USUM trailer?

I wouldn't mind this at all. And if we are indeed getting our new Lycanroc form soon (and I personally think it's pretty damn likely), I wouldn't doubt this to be the case.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The Rocket Gang has challenged Satoshi to a battle in order to get Pikachu today as well. They get defeated and blasted off, but Musashi and Mimikkyu end getting up separated from each other in the process!
Pft, HA! Team Rocket, you should know better than to outright challenge Ash to a battle when he has Z-Moves on his side. You deserve to get blasted off for your stupidity.

I have to admit, I'm not all that interested in this episode. If it focuses more on Mimikyu than on Jessie, then it will probably be entertaining (especially if Mimikyu encounters a lot of Pokémon and ends up mentally scarring them or temporarily sending them to the afterlife), but if this episode focuses more on Jessie than on Mimikyu, then consider me totally not invested. :/

You know what would be sweet? If Mimikyu gets upset thinking that Jessie wants Pikachu more so she assures him that Mimikyu is her partner as she cares for it. She only wants Pikachu for the boss. It'd be nice to see Mimikyu in a vulnerable state where it cries thinking it is not loved and that its hatred of Pikachu is justified.
That would be sweet, but to be completely honest, I'm not sure how likely that is--at least not at this point in the series. Mimikyu just doesn't seem to give a crap about Jessie, and it rarely cares about battling when Pikachu is not involved. However, this episode could reveal that Mimikyu actually does care about Jessie, and it's actually quite insecure about Team Rocket's obsession with kidnapping Pikachu.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yup, I really think we're going into the USUM-marketing phase. Rockruff evolving connects to the Lycanroc-shot from the trailer, then we got a special animation for Mimikyu and that's what we're getting here, then we're getting a new trainer with a Brionne (which may serve as a rival to both Ash and Lana) and we get a Dhelmise reveal, which is just sweet, but it could be a great Totem or Gym pokémon if they switch it all up.

ShadowForce720

Pft, HA! Team Rocket, you should know better than to outright challenge Ash to a battle when he has Z-Moves on his side. You deserve to get blasted off for your stupidity.

I have to admit, I'm not all that interested in this episode. If it focuses more on Mimikyu than on Jessie, then it will probably be entertaining (especially if Mimikyu encounters a lot of Pokémon and ends up mentally scarring them or temporarily sending them to the afterlife), but if this episode focuses more on Jessie than on Mimikyu, then consider me totally not invested. :/

That would be sweet, but to be completely honest, I'm not sure how likely that is--at least not at this point in the series. Mimikyu just doesn't seem to give a crap about Jessie, and it rarely cares about battling when Pikachu is not involved. However, this episode could reveal that Mimikyu actually does care about Jessie, and it's actually quite insecure about Team Rocket's obsession with kidnapping Pikachu.

You know what if to also further highlight Jessie's bond with Mimikyu what if it winds up being a case where Jessie is the only one that is able to see Mimikyu's true form without any negative consequences happening to her, for instance maybe the whole reason why when a person or pokemon usually looks under Mimikyu's cloth and see Mimikyu's true form they wind up dying or something negative happens to them because Mimikyu doesn't trust them, so maybe if Mimikyu winds up trusting a person or pokemon enough they wind up being just fine when they see Mimikyu's true form.

Now of course I know that we have no confirmation that the whole curse thing works in that way but it would be interesting and certainly highlight how much of a bond Mimkyu has with Jessie if she is one of the few if not only person who can see her Mimikyu's true form without something negative happening to her.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
A TR focus episode after a long time. It will be interesting if mimikyu learns a new move here, so that it can use the Dark type Z-crystal.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
You know what if to also further highlight Jessie's bond with Mimikyu what if it winds up being a case where Jessie is the only one that is able to see Mimikyu's true form without any negative consequences happening to her, for instance maybe the whole reason why when a person or pokemon usually looks under Mimikyu's cloth and see Mimikyu's true form they wind up dying or something negative happens to them because Mimikyu doesn't trust them, so maybe if Mimikyu winds up trusting a person or pokemon enough they wind up being just fine when they see Mimikyu's true form.
This is certainly an interesting idea--Mimikyu's trust in Jessie enables her to see what's under Mimikyu's disguise without any negative consequences. Alternatively, Jessie is so wicked and full of vice that even seeing Mimikyu's true from isn't enough to kill her. Still, right now, Mimikyu seems to neither trust or mistrust Jessie. It just doesn't seem to care enough about her for trust to be an issue at the moment. But this episode is a chance to further dive into Mimikyu's psyche and its feelings for its Trainer--and Jessie's feelings for Mimikyu.

dman_dustin

Yup, I really think we're going into the USUM-marketing phase. Rockruff evolving connects to the Lycanroc-shot from the trailer, then we got a special animation for Mimikyu and that's what we're getting here, then we're getting a new trainer with a Brionne (which may serve as a rival to both Ash and Lana) and we get a Dhelmise reveal, which is just sweet, but it could be a great Totem or Gym pokémon if they switch it all up.

When it was first revealed, I did say the Lycanroc was there to symbolically suggest something was going to happen to Lycanroc, aka third form, but maybe the specific aspect in the game was Midday Lycanroc as a totem Pokemon because it was subtlety hinting at a 3rd form, or perhaps even a Z-move.

Same with Togedemaru also being a Totem Pokemon or other shared possibilities.

Mimikyu is the weird one since its already a Totem Pokemon in Sun and Moon, but it could in a different place since the ultra sun and ultra moon showed it outside (maybe the Megamart isn't closed in U. Sun and U. Moon).

So yeah either Mimikyu gets a new form, or a z move.

And since this episode happens after August 10, I think its possible that maybe Mimikyu could find a strange Z-crystal and it won't be revealed to Jessie, until later, where its actually exclusive to Mimikyu.

Or maybe this episode could just be about Jessie and Mimikyu, and Mimikyu won't go off doing its own thing anymore, and actually allow Jessie to command it at all times and not just against Pikachu.

Maybe there will be a twist, we know James is the caring one of the trio and Jessie used luxuryball which belongs to James to catch mimikyu. What if James will be the one who find mimikyu ? Thus maybe lead for a trade between Jessie and James for future episodes.
Usualy James is the one who catches timid pokemon like mime Jr. , chimeco etc.
Jessie always catches pokemon that resembles her personality. So İ think bewear or salazzle are much suitable for her.

Janovy

Banned
Sounds fantastic. We needed a TR-centric episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
About ****ing time!
Hope James gets an episode soon too.
Been FOREVER since Team Rocket did something, hope this makes up for their unjust lack of appearances.

Oh, and possibly Mimikyu's true forme will appear. For USM promotion

I'm calling it right now. This will probably be the most interesting episode of this new batch.

Agreed

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Jessie always catches pokemon that resembles her personality. So İ think bewear or salazzle are much suitable for her.

Seems to me very unlikely that anyone would catch Bewear (and if they do, I would imagine it would be James to keep the over affectionate Pokemon gag, which, again, is unlikely since he has Mareanie for that), and, as for Salazzle, I think that would be reserved for Plumeria when she gets introduced.

ShadowForce720

Seems to me very unlikely that anyone would catch Bewear (and if they do, I would imagine it would be James to keep the over affectionate Pokemon gag, which, again, is unlikely since he has Mareanie for that), and, as for Salazzle, I think that would be reserved for Plumeria when she gets introduced.

Actually given from what we seen it seems more likely that Team Rocket will catch Bewear, and if they do given from what we've seen it's probably safe to say that the one that will catch Bewear would be Jessie and not James.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Even Team Rocket and their Alola Pokémon need development every once in a while (seems to be averaging every 12-13 episodes). It wouldn't look good for Team Rocket in a saga if they don't have any development.
I have to respectfully disagree, because whatever development Team Rocket receives in a series, goes right out the window at the start of the next series. They'll go back to square one and will continue to stalk Ash and his friends into whatever region comes next. So, I always see it as a complete waste of time and development, but that's just me. At least with Ash or the other main characters, they progress as characters and progress with their goals.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
It's clear that for some people, if Team Rocket is in the show it's bad, if they do something it bad and if they don't do anything it's bad too.

I can't be happier to see the best characters in the show having focused episodes.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Actually given from what we seen it seems more likely that Team Rocket will catch Bewear, and if they do given from what we've seen it's probably safe to say that the one that will catch Bewear would be Jessie and not James.

I'm just curious (I probably missed something) what makes you think that.

Also, interestingly enough, the blurb doesn't mention whether Jessie/Mimikyu get separated from James/Meowth/Wobbuffet (although I would imagine if that was the case then it would be Jessie/James/Meowth/Wobbuffet separated from and searching for Mimikyu). What are your opinions on this?

ShadowForce720

I'm just curious (I probably missed something) what makes you think that.

Also, interestingly enough, the blurb doesn't mention whether Jessie/Mimikyu get separated from James/Meowth/Wobbuffet (although I would imagine if that was the case then it would be Jessie/James/Meowth/Wobbuffet separated from and searching for Mimikyu). What are your opinions on this?

Well Jessie did go out of her way to give Bewear a gift and they did talk about catching Bewear and told Giovanni that it was their pokemon, but also on top of that if you look at episode 25 where they got the Dark type Z-crystal they towards the end of the episode when they were talking about using the Dark type Z-crystal the camera suddenly started focusing in on Bewear. So I really think that they would eventually catch it and given that Jessie has had more significant interaction with Bewear then James it would make sense that if they were to catch Bewear that Jessie would be the one to get it.

As for the part of do I think Jessie will get separated from Jame/Meowth/Wobbuffet, I'm not sure if she will but it is possible that they could split up in different directions to try to find Mimkyu and then Jessie winds up finding Mimikyu.

Also I think it would be interesting if we see some of Jessie's Mimikyu's backstory here or get clues to it, as if you look at it Mimikyu having a hatred for Pikachu is not normal behavior for a Mimikyu as if you look at most Mimikyu from what's been said about them one can probably assume that if they met a Pikachu, it would be like a fan or fans meeting their idol, where they would all be going over to the Pikachu and wanting it's autograph and for it to be their friend. Where is Jessie's Mimikyu is the opposite of that.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well Jessie did go out of her way to give Bewear a gift and they did talk about catching Bewear and told Giovanni that it was their pokemon, but also on top of that if you look at episode 25 where they got the Dark type Z-crystal they towards the end of the episode when they were talking about using the Dark type Z-crystal the camera suddenly started focusing in on Bewear. So I really think that they would eventually catch it and given that Jessie has had more significant interaction with Bewear then James it would make sense that if they were to catch Bewear that Jessie would be the one to get it.

As for the part of do I think Jessie will get separated from Jame/Meowth/Wobbuffet, I'm not sure if she will but it is possible that they could split up in different directions to try to find Mimkyu and then Jessie winds up finding Mimikyu.

Also I think it would be interesting if we see some of Jessie's Mimikyu's backstory here or get clues to it, as if you look at it Mimikyu having a hatred for Pikachu is not normal behavior for a Mimikyu as if you look at most Mimikyu from what's been said about them one can probably assume that if they met a Pikachu, it would be like a fan or fans meeting their idol, where they would all be going over to the Pikachu and wanting it's autograph and for it to be their friend. Where is Jessie's Mimikyu is the opposite of that.

If you want a disturbing theory on that, Mimikyu could be distorted ghosts of Pichu. Yes, most of them would be fans of Pikachu and try to replicate it to replace what they lost, but some would have nothing but envy toward Pikachu, as Jessie's does.

Status
Not open for further replies.