• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 17th: SM38 - Mimikkyu's Disguise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I'm surprised Lycanroc isn't in the episode. I was hoping to see it in action against TR.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
So Jessie tries to dress Mimikyu and fails miserably. It will be fun to see what she will try to use to dress it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Man, this certainly looks like a serious development episode for Jessie and Mimikyu!

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I'm hoping for Jessie to try and cover Mimikyu in a hessian sack and I'm guessing Mimikyu doesn't want to wear anything else but it's usual disguise, because it could be a reminder of why it hates Pikachu.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Wonder why the summaries kept saying Jessie and Mimikyu were getting separated. Weird.

Anyway, yeah, this is probably going to be purely Jessie and Mimikyu bonding. Jessie will find a way to repair Mimikyu's rag, and Mimikyu will listen to Jessie from here on out. Will be fun seeing how many poor, innocent peoplsehappen to see the Eldritch Abomination that's hidden beneath that rag, though.

But let's not ignore the real question here: where's Bewear?

Spyro39

So Jessie and Mimikyu aren't separated after all lol. Then why did the first summary say they were?

Wait. She still hasn't seen what's under Mimikyu's true form yet, right?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Lycanroc's voice turned into a male one in the clip we saw in Pokenchi (didn't it?).

Hard to say. There's no VA listed for it for SM37 either, though, so if it did get recast with a male VA, it's either played by Namikawa, Ishikawa, Nakagawa, Miki, Ueda or Ishizuka... and they're all listed for more important roles for this episode as well.

So there's no way to tell.

So Jessie and Mimikyu aren't separated after all lol. Then why did the first summary say they were?

I don't really get it either. The first one was a bit vaguely worded, but the second of the two we got earlier today outright said it was the two of them that got separated from each other. Chances are the people working on shortening the summary misinterpreted slightly what it said.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Will be fun seeing how many poor, innocent peoplsehappen to see the Eldritch Abomination that's hidden beneath that rag, though.

But let's not ignore the real question here: where's Bewear?

I imagine the population of Hau'oli City might decrease, since they're in such a public place. Also, Bewear is probably in the same place as it was in SM016, where it also failed to stop Team Rocket from blasting off.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Anyway, yeah, this is probably going to be purely Jessie and Mimikyu bonding. Jessie will find a way to repair Mimikyu's rag, and Mimikyu will listen to Jessie from here on out. Will be fun seeing how many poor, innocent peoplsehappen to see the Eldritch Abomination that's hidden beneath that rag, though.
Enough that I wouldn't be surprised if there is mass panic at the mall, as both people and Pokémon scramble to evacuate after hearing rumors about the harbinger of death wandering around. I wonder if we, the audience, will actually get to see what's underneath Mimikyu's rag and if there will be terrible consequences for us, too.

It will certainly be worth the front page of the local newspaper.

Vipsoccermaster

So now they want to confuse us if Jessie and Mimikyu are separated or not. Maybe they DO get separated, but quickly come back together afterwards, as if the separation never happened. Hopefully Jessie takes responsibility into getting closer to Mimikyu and repairing or finding a new rag cloth. Whatever form Mimikyu reveals to us may be scary, but it will only affect those in the episode. I also think Jessie will need to make sure it doesn't happen to many, because that wouldn't look good for Jessie's reputation, would it?

Last edited:

shadowF

So I am torn by the summary, while there may be a chance Mimikyu will get a new form if in the end Jessie decides to allow it to not wear its rag or there could be the chance Jessie could repair the rags. Or third option is Jessie gives new rags to Mimikyu. I dont know, hopefully we will know more from tomorrow's preview. Sounds like a good episode though.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Maybe Mimikyu doesn't scare people to death, but just has an instinctive reflex to prevent people from seeing what's underneath its rag? Jessie grew up poor, so it's likely she'd know how to repair its rag. Perhaps she tries buying it a new one with her malasada shop wages and Mimikyu doesn't want store bought clothing?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yay, we get to see what's under the rag <3!!!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So now thy want to confuse us if Jessie and Mimikyu are separated or not. Maybe they DO get separated, but quickly come back together afterwards, as if the separation never happened.

Fairly sure it was just an error in the less detailed summaries. Both the longer ones make it clear what happened is that THEY got separated from the rest of the group.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Fairly sure it was just an error in the less detailed summaries. Both the longer ones make it clear what happened is that THEY got separated from the rest of the group.

So, just to clarify, Jessie and Mimikyu are together?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It's lovely seeing the TRio again. Maybe this time Jessie will be cursed instead of the boys. You had it for too good for too long.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yes! We'll see it's true forme alright. No doubt about it.
It'll be so hilarious if everybody else at the mall is dropping left and right, but Jessie's immune.

Status
Not open for further replies.