• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 18th: SM135 - The Semifinals! Kaki VS Gladio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IkeBayern

I still think its a 2v2 though and we are gonna see Lycanroc and Zoroark battle for Gladion (Zoroark hasn't been used yet). In the preview we also saw Torracat and Turtonator train, which is pretty pointless for Turtonator if he is not gonna battle (And it would be dumb for Kiawe not using his strongest mon against Gladion).

Or Kiawe uses 2 Pokémon against Gladion’s Lycanroc and both of them lose to it.. That could happen but it would kinda suck if Kiawe didn’t even get a single KO in a semifinal match

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
I still think its a 2v2 though and we are gonna see Lycanroc and Zoroark battle for Gladion (Zoroark hasn't been used yet). In the preview we also saw Torracat and Turtonator train, which is pretty pointless for Turtonator if he is not gonna battle (And it would be dumb for Kiawe not using his strongest mon against Gladion).

I'm beginning to think that Zoroark will be saved for when Gladio battles Satoshi, actually. I think it'll be one of the twists of that match whereas here I think that if Kaki versus Gladio is really 2-on-2, Gladio will most likely use Silvady as his second Pokemon, or at least I hope so since I prefer it over Blacky.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Here are some new images from the episode.

https://cho-animedia.jp/anime/112906/

Marowak manages to land a Flare Blitz on Lycanroc.
Seems like a set up for Lycanroc to use Counter, although I guess that shouldn't affect Marowak. Torracat is training, I guess, since its battle doesn't start until next episode. Wonder if it'll get a new move in place of Revenge.

D

Deleted member 384931

Why do they keep showing us the Pokémon who are watching the battle? I mean it is nice, but what is the point?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
For those of us worried Ash vs Guzma would be an exception, now we can be sure the semis will at least be 2v2 (I can't believe how far we've fallen that 2v2 in the semis isn't the worst case scenario). We can see that Turtonator is absent, though IDK if it'll be 3v3, as Charizard has never been on the stands, so we can't judge anything form his absence:
index.php

Master Pikachu 11

For those of us worried Ash vs Guzma would be an exception, now we can be sure the semis will at least be 2v2 (I can't believe how far we've fallen that 2v2 in the semis isn't the worst case scenario). We can see that Turtonator is absent, though IDK if it'll be 3v3, as Charizard has never been on the stands, so we can't judge anything form his absence:
index.php
I think it will be a 2 v 2 at the most as well because Turtonator is not with the other Pokémon in that image and the last time Kiawe used Marowak, Turtonator was with the other Pokémon watching the battle. Hopefully we get further confirmation tomorrow with the summary for the next episode after this one.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I think it will be a 2 v 2 at the most as well because Turtonator is not with the other Pokémon in that image and the last time Kiawe used Marowak, Turtonator was with the other Pokémon watching the battle. Hopefully we get further confirmation tomorrow with the summary for the next episode after this one.
It could be 3v3, but yeah, 2v2 is the most likely outcome

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Turtonator might just be off frame though. Pikachu is absent as well and Vikavolt and Togedemaru are just barely on there.
I don't think there's enough space for Turtonator there, though yeah, that's a possibility

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Why not? They are just the same as the human spectarors

lol no they're not. Just a cheap way to shoehorn in the marketable ones into an episode they have no right to be in

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Why do they keep showing us the Pokémon who are watching the battle? I mean it is nice, but what is the point?

I think it's just a way to keep the side characters and marketable Pokemon relevant during the battle portion of these episodes. I don't mind it, although it does make me chuckle a bit when I remember that back in DP we would have one or two Pokemon watching battles [Pikachu and Pochama], now there are about half a dozen doing that here.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
lol no they're not. Just a cheap way to shoehorn in the marketable ones into an episode they have no right to be in
They are, considering they get just as much screen time as their individual Trainers this region.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
They're hearkening back to the days when Pikachu, Piplup, and Buneary used to wear cheerleading outfits in the stands during these events. :V

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ambyssin said:
They're hearkening back to the days when Pikachu, Piplup, and Buneary used to wear cheerleading outfits in the stands during these events. :V

That was my first thought as well, and it seems slightly less contrived to see so many of the cast's Pokemon watching Kaki's battle here because at least they're not all dressed up like cheerleaders out of the blue.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Because in Alola the Pokemon get to act like characters outside of focus episode and times of needing to be weaponized by their trainers for combat, the whole lore of Alola is about how the people and Pokemon connect so well and are more family and naturally fit the vibe of a Hawaiian-based Pokemon Region. Plus we get scenes like Meltan calling for help or Dodekashi/Kerappa watching over their kid.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Turtonator might just be off frame though. Pikachu is absent as well and Vikavolt and Togedemaru are just barely on there.
Isn't Pikachu usually with Ash? I know the only reason he wasn't with Ash in his match against Hau was that Ash had already decided to use Rowlet from the get-go. Sure that makes him bringing Meltan again Faba a bit strange, but we know Pikachu was who Ash was wanting to use in that match.
Maybe I'm overthinking that, but eh

Status
Not open for further replies.