• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

Hopefully 3 on 3. Normal class was (usually) 1 on 1, Super Class was 2 on 2, so it stands that Hyper Class is 3 on 3 just for the challenge.

Though it mainly depends on how much time they have and how the pacing is. (just KNOW they'll waste time with Goh and those pointless lab people)
I really hope it just focouses on Ash's plot :(

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

BlueDragonfangirl

…..why wouldn’t a PWC focus on Satoshi’s PWC challenge….?
I thought a lot about that so many Ash focoused episodes. All of them cut to Go doing something. Maybe I just haven't really been paying that much attention to Journey's.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
All of them cut to Go doing something. Maybe I just haven't really been paying that much attention to Journey's.
Now that’s just not true and you know it.

Don’t have the energy to write and copy-paste examples as they don’t do anything and these reductive arguments just kill my optimism.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Now that’s just not true and you know it.

Don’t have the energy to write and copy-paste examples as they don’t do anything and these reductive arguments just kill my optimism.

They aren't completely wrong either. There's been a few times were Goh chooses to go and catch Pokémon while Ash is battling like in the BF Flute Cup or the Shalour Battle Festival. Plus there's been instances of episodes taking some time to show Goh catching a Pokémon before Ash's role happens such as catching Bellsprout before the battle with Rinto or catching Geodude before Ash's battle with the Gurdurr trainer.

On the other hand, there's been episodes where Goh does take a seat. Ash vs Visquez is one that comes to mind. Goh's Spearow capture was done off-screen and also Goh's battle against the Karate Master was offscreen to make time for Ash vs Bea.

RafaSceptile

They aren't completely wrong either. There's been a few times were Goh chooses to go and catch Pokémon while Ash is battling like in the BF Flute Cup or the Shalour Battle Festival. Plus there's been instances of episodes taking some time to show Goh catching a Pokémon before Ash's role happens such as catching Bellsprout before the battle with Rinto or catching Geodude before Ash's battle with the Gurdurr trainer.

On the other hand, there's been episodes where Goh does take a seat. Ash vs Visquez is one that comes to mind. Goh's Spearow capture was done off-screen and also Goh's battle against the Karate Master was offscreen to make time for Ash vs Bea.
Yes, but this is also a problem in other series, usually Ash "stealing" screentime on other main character's focused episodes, and we usually never had this level of complains.

LucasMV

Yes, but this is also a problem in other series, usually Ash "stealing" screentime on other main character's focused episodes, and we usually never had this level of complains.
Probably because Ash was the only main character, so for him to have more screentime than the companions was expected.

People do tend to forget that Go is supposed to be a double protagonist/MC and not just a side character like every other companion before him though.

I still believe this series could've been a lot better if Go wasn't treated as a protagonist, but instead just another companion. That way we'd have more focus on Ash and the PWC.
But they went into this series with the idea of double protagonists and that's what we're getting. It's pointless to complain about the screentime, in any case complain about the premise of double protagonists itself.

Though the PWC pacing could definitely be a lot better, there's no excuse for that.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ash is supposed to be the main character and is trying to achieve his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master. So it would make sense why he'd step on other people turf like contests at times.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
True, but the most hilarious one in the context of the current complains is that time when Ash was basically Goh at catching Aipom "stealing" May's screentime during the Kanto Grand Festival.
It was a common old school complaint of Satoshi getting screen time during Haruka’s Contest for training as well, he also shared a few of Hikari’s Contest with her including her first one, Hikari did get a gym battle but that was just to receive a 3-1 beat down to set up Sumomo’s redemption and fight against Satoshi where as Satoshi came close to KO’ing Nozomi’s ace and she respected and admitted that after the Contest.

Flute Cup was a shared episode about Go understanding the value in Pokémon battle, not a Satoshi-specific episode. Ironically enough those two catches were treated more as catalyst leading to the battles, taking no quality away from either affair. His precaptures in the Iris episode were also used to showcase her before her champion debut in her regular garb and draw a parallel to her old self and Satoshi’s first encounter with her.

These just feel like reaches at as all IMO

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Flute Cup was a shared episode about Go understanding the value in Pokémon battle, not a Satoshi-specific episode. Ironically enough those two catches were treated more as catalyst leading to the battles, taking no quality away from either affair. His precaptures in the Iris episode were also used to showcase her before her champion debut in her regular garb and draw a parallel to her old self and Satoshi’s first encounter with her.

These just feel like reaches at as all IMO

Good because I didn't mention the Iris capture at all. You did.

D

Deleted member 384931

Not this again. Ugh. I hope the battle will be a double battle for once. We havent got a real one

Pokemonfan5

Go getting screentime in Ash's battle episodes is much bigger problem than before, in past series Ash's major battle against gym leaders or kahuna take at least 2 episodes to happen, first introduced a character than battle with Ash in next episode while in JN character introduction and Ash battle happen in same Episode.

Look at Iris episode where most part of the battle was underwhelming because Iris need big focus outside battle too and there is Go getting unnecessary screentime of catching Unova Pokemons and meeting iris seperately, would've been way better if Iris introduction and her off screen development explain in seperate episode than whole episode dedicated to her battle with Ash.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I dunno I feel like this just goes back to the tried and true criticism of "should've been a two parter" for a lot of these episodes rather than blaming Goh specifically. I don't even think his focus in the Iris episode was that egregious since it at least served the purpose of re-introducing the character

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.