• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, if they play Type: Wild during pikachu’s z-move, I already consider this episode a 10/10.

So, do this happen in Alola? Ash and Kiawe managed to perform z-moves in Kanto, but, since they have a great audience there, I’d assume they are in the Manalo Stadium.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Well, if they play Type: Wild during pikachu’s z-move, I already consider this episode a 10/10.

So, do this happen in Alola? Ash and Kiawe managed to perform z-moves in Kanto, but, since they have a great audience there, I’d assume they are in the Manalo Stadium.

No, they're in Sunyshore City. Remember, JN has updated gyms from what they looked like before. Even in SM did it with the Cerulean Gym.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The only pity that’ll prob happen is Gengar potentially getting foddered. But eh that’s ok to be frank since everything else can technically make up for it and getting some more showtime is needed for Gengar anyways, fodderized or not.

Megapixel

The only pity that’ll prob happen is Gengar potentially getting foddered. But eh that’s ok to be frank since everything else can technically make up for it and getting some more showtime is needed for Gengar anyways, fodderized or not.
gengar is practically destined to win against rotom, none of Lucario's attacks affect rotom, unless pikachu defeats rotom, I'm almost sure Gengar won or tied, but who loses again I doubt it

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary, lots of pictures, and comments from Hirofumi Nojima himself:

Denji appears in the "Pocket Monsters" TV anime! Satoshi throws down the gauntlet for a fully powered battle with his Z-Ring in his hand?! We have comments from voice actor Hirofumi Nojima!

The TV anime "Pocket Monsters" currently airs on the TV Tokyo Network on Fridays at 6:55pm. It has just been revealed that the top Gym leader in the Sinnoh region, Denji, is going to appear in "A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!", the episode that will air Friday August 20th 2021!

We have also received comments from Denji's voice actor, Hirofumi Nojima! These comments really spell out how happy he feels about returning to the role after all these years.

Make sure not to miss Denji's appearance in the anime, his first since his last appearance in "Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl" over 11 years ago!

The top Gym leader in the Sinnoh region, Denji, appears!

A 3-on-3 battle is going to take place in the episode "A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!", which is set to air Friday August 20th! Denji awaits Satoshi with powerful Electric type Pokémon, including Rentorar, and Satoshi throws down the gauntlet for a fully powered battle with his Z-Ring in his hand!

It's Denji, the top Gym leader in the Sinnoh region, and Satoshi, the first Champion of the Alola region's Pokémon League. This is a hyper class battle between two tough contenders; How will it end?!

Comments from Denji's voice actor Hirofumi Nojima

Denji is a character from my own distant past as well, so when I was given word about this, I felt both nostalgic and extremely happy I'd get to play him again.

You know, when I first battled Satoshi as a Gym Leader in the "Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl" anime, we weren't actually able to finish the battle, so we had a total of 2 Gym matches.

This time we're able to fight each other as equal Pokémon World Championships challengers, so even as an actor I was really looking forward to seeing how we'd liven up the battle as I went to the dubbing session.

Denji is normally a very calm and relaxed person, but when he's in a battle, not even Satoshi can match his energy and enthusiasm. I believe I'll be able to show you all Pokémon battling the way only Denji can do it, so please look forward to that, everyone!

Soniman

Break the Limit
With how much of a god damn nightmare Fatina was I always just saw her as the Strongest Sinnoh gym leader but it's officially Volkner who's near E4 level alongside Flint being undefeated for so long. Could've fooled me with that lackluster gym battle though

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I guess Ash using a Z-Ring means he didn't train enough to overcome the odds of these battles he has been winning like no tomorrow and so he needs something strong ASAP.

...I also guess this is what the writers meant by making him "unbeatable."

I, personally, will only accept his use of the Z-Ring if he doesn't use his extreme super move over the normal one, but still, it feels cheap that Ash is using something like that against someone who doesn't and he has clearly beaten in the past.

Last edited:

Pokemonfan5

I guess Ash using a Z-Ring means he didn't train enough to overcome the odds of these battles he has been winning like no tomorrow and so he needs something strong ASAP.

...I also guess this is what the writers meant by making him "unbeatable."
Tbf Ash use gimmicks in many battles where he could've won without them he just want to use full power in his hands.

Like Ash using Ash-Greninja against Altaria trainer or use Gigavolt Havoc against Misty's mega Gyarados despite Pikachu alone is enough to win the battle and take almost zero damage.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Tbf Ash use gimmicks in many battles where he could've won without them he just want to use full power in his hands.

Like Ash using Ash-Greninja against Altaria trainer or use Gigavolt Havoc against Misty's mega Gyarados despite Pikachu alone is enough to win the battle and take almost zero damage.
Those samples you listed are very, very expendable in the big picture, and he only used said gimmicks in serious (keyword) battles against trainers who had similar means.

Status
Not open for further replies.