• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally! Raihan returns!

Actually a 12 episodes gap between Ash vs Iris and Ash vs Volkner. Without breaks, this episode could be aired on July 30th instead of August 20th.
You're mixing up your electric type gym leaders. They both have Luxray so I can see how you got confused.
Funnily enough both Raihan and Clemont are in my top 10 favorites Gym Leaders but I’m afraid no one can beat Volkner

kickachu

Momentai!
Should we except Lt surge or volkner for this battle

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
About time we got another PWC, hope the next one isn't far off cause we really need more.

If this isn't a 3 v 3, please at least use the time to deal with Chloe and Eevee's obligatory Jolteon session rather than yet another Goh capture. I'd rather the whole episode be about Ash and Volkner but if time must be taken up by something, use Chloe.

Anyways I bet it'll be Lucario and Pikachu competing. Hopefully Lucario gets to take home the final win as he hasn't gotten to do so yet

Kungfu-Bear

So we're probably going to have a new opening next Friday, no way Dawn and Volkner will show up without being blessed in the OP. :(

I'm just hoping it will be a good 3v3 battle and that we can see a little more about Volkner's own journey, maybe some reference to his rival Flint.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Someone brought something interesting: the race episode airs right after Olympics starts so in a way, it makes sense having it placed there.

My guess is that they originally thought about the Dawn 2-parter than Volkner but moved the race episode for the thematic of Olympics.
I mean sure, guess that's fine and all... just kinda silly in-universe that Ash and Goh would leave Sinnoh, just to go back to Sinnoh

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I mean sure, guess that's fine and all... just kinda silly in-universe that Ash and Goh would leave Sinnoh, just to go back to Sinnoh
Well at least they can afford going back and forth unlike most of us lmao.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh, great. Out of all the Sinnoh Gym Leaders they picked the one that reminds people about jobber Torterra and the Fourth Hokage Minato.

Justice for Roark, dammit.

(Also, I don't understand why people here are hyped for Volkner? He wasn't really that oh-so awesome when he appeared. I personally don't want him because Clemont oversaturated things with Luxray.)

I expect this to be a 2-on-2 because people really must be reminded who Minato is.
Is a 3v3 plausible or still illegal in this series?
Illegal. Totally (official) final match numbers, though.

Last edited:

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Man i hope they can really start to tirns thing around so that i can actually feel anticipation for PWC matches again.
I don't know about other people but my problem is that the PWC episodes are solely focused on the battle (and sometimes Goh stuff). We only see the character during the battle and then they disappear again. Previously, gym leaders would show up outside of their gym battle episode and companions would return for multiple episodes at a time. Now, there's no time for interactions or exposition when the battle takes up most of the episode. I just can't get excited for a PWC match when the returning character only comes back to be Ash's opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.