• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Greninja will become Shiny Greninja after so many Burasto Burn
Greninja: Help me!! Incineroar!! You survived Burasto Burn, Hey!!!!

Incineroar: No thank, i want see u become a shiny.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Champion of Alola title and Alola Region via Z-Ring? Check.
Narrative weight and callbacks? Check.
3 vs. 3? Gengar/Lucario/Pikachu triad. Check.
Proper level of build-up over the course of 2 episodes leading to this event? Check and check.

Looks like an exciting affair...Denji actually was enlivened to find enjoyment in battle again via watching Satoshi's spirit against Oba...it was very uninspiring development copy-pasted from the games directly but it's still something that gives enough credence to their dynamic for one-episode as return while also offering some alright interactions.

I'm looking forward to this--most PWC episodes are great after all.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Staff list and sort of new summary.

Satoshi has ranked up to the Hyper Class in the Pokémon World Championships. His first opponent in the Hyper Class is Denji, the Gym Leader of the Nagisa Gym in the Sinnoh region!! Satoshi has had a tough battle against Denji, who uses powerful Electric types, in the past as well, and throws down the gauntlet with his Z-Ring in his hand!

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hey look, it's the Tomioka, Asada and Iwane trio. The battle will be nice at least.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
*Ash defeats Leon*

Ash : yay, finally i'm the world champion!
A familiar voice : Not yet

*As the dust clears one can see the silhouette of a young man wearing baggy pants and a mega bracelet and his trusty Charizard standing beside him*

*il vento d'oro starts playing*

*Ash starts pissing his pants*
“It’s me, Ash! The Mighty DIO!!!

But, really, at least visually, the battle with Volkner looks promising. I just hope that won’t be the last PWC battle of this year.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They really properly have me hyped for a Volkner episode which I was least interested about and that's such a good thing!! Heck I don't even need Flint to appear at this point, just give Gengar a win and let the battle be nicely animated and I won't care, even if it's slightly rushed. This episode looks so damn good from the works of it, I don't think there has been another JN episode for so long that is this hype and doesn't have any negativity to it so far

That BURASUTO BAHN is so strong that it sends out ripples in space and time vaporizing every pokemon Ash has ever caught and will catch in the future. He watches in horror as pikachu burns alive in front of him. :3
Why do you love making Blast Burn jokes.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'm only really interested to see if Gengar wins against Rotom too
(Regardless it's gonna take the fall against Electivire so at least they could let it kill the Rotom)

The rest of the episode feels kinda predictable. So I'm not really that entirely hyped but it should be a good episode regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.