• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Sorry for the double post but are telling me that Lucario is the one thats going up against Luxray?!

While Pikachu goes up against Electivire?!

Wow I legit thought it'd be the other way around o_O

Welp this series really is unpredictable. Guess Electivire will be taking the Z-Move lol

Good, hopefully it's the first to go down without even making a dent, and both Lucario and Gengar get decent spotlight.

Sorry for the double post but are telling me that Lucario is the one thats going up against Luxray?!

Welp this series really is unpredictable. Guess Electivire will be taking the Z-Move lol

Was this really a suprise? Pikachu is usually matched up against Electivire(see Gary and even the last Volkner match) . We saw from the last scans that Gengar would be facing Rotom so one would assume that Lucario would be facing Luxray and better yet, we saw that Pikachu would be facing Electivire from those scans as well.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Was this really a suprise? Pikachu is usually matched up against Electivire(see Gary and even the last Volkner match) . We saw from the last scans that Gengar would be facing Rotom so one would assume that Lucario would be facing Luxray and better yet, we saw that Pikachu would be facing Electivire from those scans as well.
I don't think I saw Lucario facing Luxray in the scans
I thought Pikachu would go up against Luxray since that's Volkner's strongest Pokemon and we learned Pikachu is using it's Z-move here.

So it just caught me off guard

I don't think I saw Lucario facing Luxray in the scans
I thought Pikachu would go up against Luxray since that's Volkner's strongest Pokemon and we learned Pikachu is using it's Z-move here.

So it just caught me off guard
Yeah, we didn't see Lucario facing Luxray, but there were scans showing Electivire vs Pikachu and Rotom vs Gengar, so you could assume that Lucario would face Luxray through a process of elimination.

I wonder if there will be any switching in this match.

Red and Blue

Considering Ash knows about Motor Drive I doubt the Z move is meant for Electrivire. I could see Pikachu getting recalled and Gengar or Lucario finishing off Electrivire

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

As I said before, I expect it to be similar to their battle in DP. Volkner will use Electivire first and Luxray will be his last Pokémon because it is his ace. My prediction is that Ash is going to recall Pikachu from its battle against Electivire and either Gengar or Lucario will take it out. I still expect Pikachu to end up battling Luxray when it is all said and done.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I really hope for their sake Electivire isn't on the receiving end of that move, cause nothing good will come of the outcome.

Red and Blue

Or he overpowers the ability.

Not the first time this has happened, especially with TRio's absorbing machines.
I don't think he can. Not unless he finds a way to make Electrivire's speed boost work against it. Imo the only way Electrivire is getting hit by 10V Thunderbolt is if Volkner swaps it in at the last moment

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't think he can. Not unless he finds a way to make Electrivire's speed boost work against it. Imo the only way Electrivire is getting hit by 10V Thunderbolt is if Volkner swaps it in at the last moment

at the same time we know the anime has taken liberties before, and they could easily do the same here.

Electivire's ability does allow it to absorb electricity, but there's got to be a limit to how much it can truly absorb, if the 10V thunderbolt was capable of knocking Tapu Koko (a legendary) out, while also completely destroying a giant energy rock golem at the same time, it would not surprise me at all if electivire couldn't handle the sheer amount of power it's trying to absorb and gets either knocked out or risks getting so much power it could potentially explode like Pikachu almost did back at the start of hoenn causing the fight to be stopped for the pokemon's safety, on the other hand if Electivire is able to easily withstand the move, then that undercuts the usage of it and also makes Tapu Koko look weak.

hopefully though the writers will not go down that road and have Pikachu use the move on Rotom or Luxray and not electivire, because if they do, there's going to be huge controversial ramifications coming out of this match.

ShadowForce720

at the same time we know the anime has taken liberties before, and they could easily do the same here.

Electivire's ability does allow it to absorb electricity, but there's got to be a limit to how much it can truly absorb, if the 10V thunderbolt was capable of knocking Tapu Koko (a legendary) out, while also completely destroying a giant energy rock golem at the same time, it would not surprise me at all if electivire couldn't handle the sheer amount of power it's trying to absorb and gets either knocked out or risks getting so much power it could potentially explode like Pikachu almost did back at the start of hoenn causing the fight to be stopped for the pokemon's safety, on the other hand if Electivire is able to easily withstand the move, then that undercuts the usage of it and also makes Tapu Koko look weak.

hopefully though the writers will not go down that road and have Pikachu use the move on Rotom or Luxray and not electivire, because if they do, there's going to be huge controversial ramifications coming out of this match.
No, Electrivire withstanding 10Volt Thunderbolt doesn’t make Tapu Koko look weak.

Look while Z-Moves are strong they are still effected by things like abilities and typing. Electrivire absorbing 10Volt Thunderbolt through its ability doesn’t mean that Volkner’s Electivire was strong then Tapu Koko all it would mean is that Electivire had ability that could protect it and take advantage of the situation.

Your basically trying to create a controversy or a problem when none actually exist. If anything if Volkner switches Electivire in on Ash while Ash is using that Z-move that just shows cleaver or good Volkner is.

Tapu Koko is not immune to Electric type attacks and it had taken damage prior and was worn down so of course it was going to be taken down by 10V Thunderbolt.

In recent series the anime has gotten better of being consistent when it comes to a Pokémon that has a ability or type that makes it immune to certain types of moves.

Yes it’s true that when it came to immunities to specific types of the moves that the anime in early series would take liberties with that and sometimes still have the moves work but in more recent series they really cut down on doing stuff like that.

Trying to say that because Pikachu’s 10V Thunderbolt beat the Guardian of Alola that was being used by the legendary Pokémon Tapu Koko so that means Pikachu’s siganture Z-move has to automatically by past Volkner’s Electivire’s ability and knock it out and if it doesn’t it somehow means Tapu Koko is weak is a good example of a false equivalency.

Pokemonfan5

Writers can easily do that after all Brandon's Regirock shown so strong against Paul that it destroy Electabuzz protect barrier which is impossible in games so Electivire not able to absorb whole 10 million volt thunderbolt and get knock out wouldn't be hard to believe.

D

Deleted member 384931

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yup, that Electivire is roasted.

So the battle is pretty much in this order.

Rotom Motor (lol, Volkner has a Rotom), Ghost fight when either Gengar wins or gets mowed down so Lucario cleans the shop.
Luxray because it must totally have Electric Terrain, when Gengar is absolutely taken down for the count and Lucario deals with Electric Terrain (I don't think it will survive if so).
Electivire, when either Lucario is shot down before or during then for sure and Pikachu has to mop things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.