• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deliaketchum

Gym Leader use specific types because they want to, not because of some rule that doesn't exist.
I have already said there are certain exceptions especially if you are travelling with protaganist (which i think has more to do with narrative). But my point is different, the fact that writers, in most cases, self impose this rule to make gym leaders team reactive and static without variety.

Are you suggesting all 40 gym leaders want same thing. It would be absurd to talk about fictional characters and their desires when writers create them.

Last edited:

GhostWallker98

I know Ash literally just used this Pokemon in his last PWC battle, but I hope Dracovish actually battles here. As far as the others, Gengar definitely should be the second Pokemon battling. Hoping that this is a 3v3 battle. If the battles are going to get a lot tougher, they should at least increase the amount of Pokemon a trainer can use in a battle rather than just 1 or 2 each. I think after this battle ends, the next PWC battle will be between Ash and Bea. Also praying for a new opening next month.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I said ‘force’. Nothing wrong if they can easily split things into one or more episode like in previous series.

Gyms in particular usually had an episode dedicated to introducing the leader and getting the interaction with them out of the way, and then an episode fully dedicated to the fight. Now they force the character reintroduction, goh doing his own thing, and then the battle into one episode. The korina and iris episode stands out for half assing both the character interaction and battles. Now i’m expecting the same for volkner.
I'm not going to say it, because it got reported as spam last time by a certain group of "fans"....

But you can blame those "fans" who have grown out of Pokémon, won't admit such due to pride as Gamers(TM), and demand Pokémon "grow up" and include literally everything from previous games(Something very few games actually do to the demanded degree) to compensate for their own fault of egos being tied to toys for wanting changes in and of themselves and not getting specific, personally wanted changes via the usage of careful, non-spammy wording instead of slander, libel, lies, trolling, and death, rape and bomb threats.

Can't wait for people to yell at Game Freak and associates for not including quality of life game features and upgrades introduced in PLATINUM in highly SPECIFICALLY requested DIAMOND and PEARL remakes.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
You know, thinking about it a bit more, I'm curious how they're gonna differentiate this from the last time Ash fought Volkner. Yeah, the obvious is he doesn't have Torterra and Infernape here like last time, but I hope it's not just something so simple as using Raichu in place of Jolteon and even less so that it's now a 2 on 2. That's not even gonna be different than Ash's first PWC battle with Visquez.

Red and Blue

You know, thinking about it a bit more, I'm curious how they're gonna differentiate this from the last time Ash fought Volkner. Yeah, the obvious is he doesn't have Torterra and Infernape here like last time, but I hope it's not just something so simple as using Raichu in place of Jolteon and even less so that it's now a 2 on 2. That's not even gonna be different than Ash's first PWC battle with Visquez.
They could give Volkner a Boltund to spice things up a bit. I'd say Toxricity but I feel like they are saving it for later

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Well we know that Volkner has Raichu (Starter), Electivire, Jolteon, and Luxray (Gym Ace).

We know for a fact that he's gonna use Luxray as per the silhouette from the Ultra Class tease.

I wouldn't mind if he uses another Sinnoh Electric-type like a Rotom in an alternate form, or a powerful Pachirisu to throw opponents off.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

Naa, if we do get a flashback of Ash Vs Volkner it will definitely be Infernape Vs Luxray considering that was the main battle
I'm talking about the actual battle. Not about flashback. Torty boii needs some redemption.

Also it would be good to see some additions on volkner's team like Magnezone, Alolan Golem or Eelektross for that matter. I always wondered why did none of Volkner's in game team had Magnezone. Its a Sinnoh Pokémon afterall.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm talking about the actual battle. Not about flashback. Torty boii needs some redemption.

Also it would be good to see some additions on volkner's team like Magnezone, Alolan Golem or Eelektross for that matter. I always wondered why did none of Volkner's in game team had Magnezone. Its a Sinnoh Pokémon afterall.
Because clearly the electric gym leader needed an Ambipom

tohrux12

I can't wait for this episode i feel like I will see my best girl serena again in this episode it feel like they will be talking about a hyper contest in hoenn, unless is volkner from sinnoh but why does it feel like this is going to be contest thing since last serena left she was telling ash that she will want to go to hoenn and do pokemon contests.

Decidueye23

I can't wait for this episode i feel like I will see my best girl serena again in this episode it feel like they will be talking about a hyper contest in hoenn, unless is volkner from sinnoh but why does it feel like this is going to be contest thing since last serena left she was telling ash that she will want to go to hoenn and do pokemon contests.
Um... no. Its volkner pretty much.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't see any reason for them to be used tbh, JN mons need the screentime more

Meanwhile, Palpitoad be like.. >.>

I mean Ash could rock up to the Sunyshore gym with a squad of Torterra, Gliscor, Donphan, Krookodile, Palpitoad and Gible and whoop Volkner's team any day of the weak.

I'm not going to say it, because it got reported as spam last time by a certain group of "fans"....

But you can blame those "fans" who have grown out of Pokémon, won't admit such due to pride as Gamers(TM), and demand Pokémon "grow up" and include literally everything from previous games(Something very few games actually do to the demanded degree) to compensate for their own fault of egos being tied to toys for wanting changes in and of themselves and not getting specific, personally wanted changes via the usage of careful, non-spammy wording instead of slander, libel, lies, trolling, and death, rape and bomb threats.

Can't wait for people to yell at GameFreak and associates for not including quality of life game features and upgrades introduced in PLATINUM in highly SPECIFICALLY requested DIAMOND and PEARL remakes.

So you take a post discussing the episodic format of this animé in an episode-thread and turn it into an opportunity to rant about Dexit-whiners? Don't get me wrong, those people don't have a place in this fandom, but how the heck is that relevant to an episode about Ash vs. Volkner. Considering your tone in this post, I'm not surprised your other post got reported. This one might as well since its really irrelevant and detracts from the actual subject of the thread.

Also, people were always talking about SINNOH-remakes. Everybody knows DP were trash compared to Platinum.

Yes, bring back Torterra. Can't agree more.

Magnezone wasn't on Volkner's DP-team because it wasn't in the Sinnoh Dex - most CrossGen-evolutions weren't until Platinum added them in. That's why you can only have Infernape or Rapidash as your Fire-types in DP runs, as Magmortar wasn't in the dex. I know, most counterintuitive choice they ever made - which was thankfully rectified in Platinum. However, I still don't know why Byron didn't have either Magnezone (he has Magneton) OR Probopass - or why Candice still had Sneasel and Piloswine as opposed to Weavile and Mamoswine in Platinum. Those are the sixth and seventh gymleaders and those evolutions aren't even tied to a specific level-cap. >.>

Because clearly the electric gym leader needed an Ambipom

That monkey's an understated threat. Technician-boosted ShockWaves, BatonPassing Agility and NastyPlots to an Octillery with Water and Ice-coverage...

DP-Luxray had a horrid moveset (heck, Pt-Luxray had the elemental Fangs and Crunch). Imagine what a Gen8 Luxray can do with a Agility BP'd to it? Wild Charge, Play Rough, Crunch/Throat Chop, Ice Fang, Superpower.. Enough strong options to go around. All it needs is one Agility from Ambipom to fix that lousy 70 speed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.