• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Well we haven't had a classic Pikachu vs Electivire match in a decade. I think we're due for one.

Rune Knight

Quick Predictions:

Lucario vs. Electivire = Lucario Wins.
Lucario vs. Luxray = Luxray Wins.
Pikachu vs. Luxray = Pikachu Wins, since it didn't beat it the first time.

I'm certain that this is probably not going to happen, like at all, but if mega evolution does return in BDSP this would be a nice way to reveal Mega Luxray. 99% sure that this won't happen, but I can always dream.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Can we get our red hot Elite Four member here too for a little Sunyshore reunion? Please..?
Literally the only thing I’m hoping for besides the Sinnoh team returning for this battle. I love Flint & Volkner’s dynamic.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Yup it's probably gonna be Pikachu and Lucario.
I’m honestly fine with that, just because i want to see Lucario in action, as well as just seeing him in general.
Literally the only thing I’m hoping for besides the Sinnoh team returning for this battle. I love Flint & Volkner’s dynamic.
Would also be a cool way to tease Flint as an upcoming PWC contestant. Have him mention he’s a bit higher than Volkner or something. Idk. I can dream

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I don't know about other people but my problem is that the PWC episodes are solely focused on the battle (and sometimes Goh stuff). We only see the character during the battle and then they disappear again. Previously, gym leaders would show up outside of their gym battle episode and companions would return for multiple episodes at a time. Now, there's no time for interactions or exposition when the battle takes up most of the episode. I just can't get excited for a PWC match when the returning character only comes back to be Ash's opponent.
Yeah, just another reason why forcing the episodic format is bad.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yeah, just another reason why forcing the episodic format is bad.
The pokemon anime was always episodic. It’s really stupid to continue seeing these dumb comments about the “episodic format” when it was always that way since the beginning. The major difference is that there’s been a lack of arcs and episode to episode continuity which is not what we’re used to. Presumably due to mainly the setting making it very hard to make any sort of arc since the duo just bounces around from place to place.

desdar300

The pokemon anime was always episodic. It’s really stupid to continue seeing these dumb comments about the “episodic format” when it was always that way since the beginning. The major difference is that there’s been a lack of arcs and episode to episode continuity which is not what we’re used to. Presumably due to mainly the setting making it very hard to make any sort of arc since the duo just bounces around from place to place.
I think what people mean is that things had built up and were allowed to play out and longer formats rather than a one-and-done situation.
The closet to that in PM was the DD and beyond that everything kind of falls flat.
Really awkward all things considered.

Rune Knight

If there is ever another Pikachu vs. Raichu battle I hope that it is between Ash and Surge, but realistically I don't want one either.

Ash using Pikachu against Volkner is kind of a given since it involves electric types, and the only reason why I expect Ash to use it against Luxray is because it lost the first time, so it would be somewhat original if he beat it.

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody know how strong volkner got over ten years what if he has some new pokemon or taught them new moves

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Electric vs. Electric is a little bland for me...not looking forward to an Iron Tail showdown but Pikachu hasn't missed an Electric-type themed match in his whole career.

Hm....not sure what Pokémon I would like to see...guess it's a coin toss between the Fighting-types and Gengar. Trying to think of the combination that would offer the most interesting or exciting match. Gengar is due I suppose, it could showcase/learn Dazzling Gleam here.

tsunamimijumaru

Electric vs. Electric is a little bland for me...not looking forward to an Iron Tail showdown but Pikachu hasn't missed an Electric-type themed match in his whole career.

Hm....not sure what Pokémon I would like to see...guess it's a coin toss between the Fighting-types and Gengar. Trying to think of the combination that would offer the most interesting or exciting match. Gengar is due I suppose, it could showcase/learn Dazzling Gleam here.
I think we need some Lucario and Gengar action here. Sirfetch'd got his battle with Rinto which was ages ago and is definitely due another fight but him and the dragons are the ones that recently got some action.

Pikachu is obviously here but honestly I hope they make him the fall guy here to allow one of the other two some extra spotlight if it is 3 v 3

Hopefully they give volkner a new pokemon from BW2 world Tournament team like Eelektross or maybe one of the Toxtricity forms to knock Pikachu out so we can see a different match up. Really don't think think we need to see Pikachu vs Electivire or Luxray again

I love Pikachu but earlier on in the series he's one of the reasons why we barely saw the rest of Ash team get any screen time he got the Visquez fight and then had a load of 1 v 1 fights on top of that

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
The pokemon anime was always episodic. It’s really stupid to continue seeing these dumb comments about the “episodic format” when it was always that way since the beginning. The major difference is that there’s been a lack of arcs and episode to episode continuity which is not what we’re used to. Presumably due to mainly the setting making it very hard to make any sort of arc since they just bounce around from place to place.
I said ‘force’. Nothing wrong if they can easily split things into one or more episode like in previous series.

Gyms in particular usually had an episode dedicated to introducing the leader and getting the interaction with them out of the way, and then an episode fully dedicated to the fight. Now they force the character reintroduction, goh doing his own thing, and then the battle into one episode. The korina and iris episode stands out for half assing both the character interaction and battles. Now i’m expecting the same for volkner.

D

Deleted member 384931

I wouldnt mind is Satoshi starts to use reserves from here on.
Just praying he doesnt skip ranks before the battle, that would be a letdown in my point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.