• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for this episode i feel like I will see my best girl serena again in this episode it feel like they will be talking about a hyper contest in hoenn, unless is volkner from sinnoh but why does it feel like this is going to be contest thing since last serena left she was telling ash that she will want to go to hoenn and do pokemon contests.
this is a joke?

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I agree for that part but what it will be is it 1 vs 1 or 3 vs 3 I would personally want as 3 vs 3 between ash and volkner but would be happy if his torterra gets to battle in this pwc match but seeing the title it seems that it will be between electric types as pikachu it is obvious what are the other two pokemons ash can use if it's 3 vs 3

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Hopefully 3 on 3. Normal class was (usually) 1 on 1, Super Class was 2 on 2, so it stands that Hyper Class is 3 on 3 just for the challenge.

Though it mainly depends on how much time they have and how the pacing is. (just KNOW they'll waste time with Goh and those pointless lab people)

GhostWallker98

I agree for that part but what it will be is it 1 vs 1 or 3 vs 3 I would personally want as 3 vs 3 between ash and volkner but would be happy if his torterra gets to battle in this pwc match but seeing the title it seems that it will be between electric types as pikachu it is obvious what are the other two pokemons ash can use if it's 3 vs 3
If they really want this nostalgia thing to work, it should be 3v3 since their last battle was a 3v3. If he gets Torterra offscreen and whips him out, I wouldn't complain about that. My team predictions if Torterra does end up being there is: Torterra, Gengar, and Pikachu. If not: Lucario, Gengar, and Pikachu. I think Pikachu is almost guaranteed since he played so much significance in getting Volkner's confidence back. Gengar because we all know he hasn't received any battles since the Korrina fight, and Lucario because he hasn't battled in the PWC yet. I would have said Dracovish, but he already obtained a win.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

Yes, bring back Torterra. Can't agree more.

Magnezone wasn't on Volkner's DP-team because it wasn't in the Sinnoh Dex - most CrossGen-evolutions weren't until Platinum added them in. That's why you can only have Infernape or Rapidash as your Fire-types in DP runs, as Magmortar wasn't in the dex. I know, most counterintuitive choice they ever made - which was thankfully rectified in Platinum. However, I still don't know why Byron didn't have either Magnezone (he has Magneton) OR Probopass - or why Candice still had Sneasel and Piloswine as opposed to Weavile and Mamoswine in Platinum. Those are the sixth and seventh gymleaders and those evolutions aren't even tied to a specific level-cap. >.
Yes I am aware of DP situation. I'm speaking about Platinum team and his in game teams for the games after platinum. Magnezone should have been a legitimate addition. Its also worthy to note that majority of his pokemons are pure Electric types. Exceptions of Lantern , Galvantula and Rotom.

I waiting to see how they pottrey strongest Sinnoh Gym leader now after all these years. This sinnoh hype is so real!

LucasMV

I would love for either Infernape or Torterra to be brought back to fight Volkner this episode. Even better if it was a surprise, like Ash just throws a pokeball and one of them comes out, and only then they show us a brief flashback of Ash asking Oak for them.
I feel like this is the first PWC battle where using a reserve is actually possible.

Regardless of that, I hope the battle is a 3v3. That should be the norm for Hyper Class battles. And I also hope we get some Flint flashbacks and Volkner uses Raichu.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Hopefully 3 on 3. Normal class was (usually) 1 on 1, Super Class was 2 on 2, so it stands that Hyper Class is 3 on 3 just for the challenge.
There wasn’t really a pattern with them tho.

We had 2v2 in normal, and had 1v1 in super with rinto and the gurdurr guy. We also have no idea about ash’s off screen fights. Also, master class has been 1v1 as well.

Frankly i’ll be surprised with a 3v3 just because of all the stuff they have to cram into the episodes.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Meanwhile, Palpitoad be like.. >.>

I mean Ash could rock up to the Sunyshore gym with a squad of Torterra, Gliscor, Donphan, Krookodile, Palpitoad and Gible and whoop Volkner's team any day of the weak.

So you take a post discussing the episodic format of this animé in an episode-thread and turn it into an opportunity to rant about Dexit-whiners? Don't get me wrong, those people don't have a place in this fandom, but how the heck is that relevant to an episode about Ash vs. Volkner. Considering your tone in this post, I'm not surprised your other post got reported. This one might as well since its really irrelevant and detracts from the actual subject of the thread.

Also, people were always talking about SINNOH-remakes. Everybody knows DP were trash compared to Platinum.

Yes, bring back Torterra. Can't agree more.

Magnezone wasn't on Volkner's DP-team because it wasn't in the Sinnoh Dex - most CrossGen-evolutions weren't until Platinum added them in. That's why you can only have Infernape or Rapidash as your Fire-types in DP runs, as Magmortar wasn't in the dex. I know, most counterintuitive choice they ever made - which was thankfully rectified in Platinum. However, I still don't know why Byron didn't have either Magnezone (he has Magneton) OR Probopass - or why Candice still had Sneasel and Piloswine as opposed to Weavile and Mamoswine in Platinum. Those are the sixth and seventh gymleaders and those evolutions aren't even tied to a specific level-cap. >.>

That monkey's an understated threat. Technician-boosted ShockWaves, BatonPassing Agility and NastyPlots to an Octillery with Water and Ice-coverage...

DP-Luxray had a horrid moveset (heck, Pt-Luxray had the elemental Fangs and Crunch). Imagine what a Gen8 Luxray can do with a Agility BP'd to it? Wild Charge, Play Rough, Crunch/Throat Chop, Ice Fang, Superpower.. Enough strong options to go around. All it needs is one Agility from Ambipom to fix that lousy 70 speed.
ANY complaints with this series, and with the franchise after Sword and Shield, can be traced to NatDexers.

This includes the anime not being bound to one region, or doing gyms/trials, or non-Galar captures, or Goh, or Ash not grtting starters, etc. etc..

They wanted CHANGES from the previous series, and got it. They weren't specific enough, and must reap what they have sown.

Master Pikachu 11

I too hope that it’s 3 v 3 battle, but besides Pikachu, he can use either Dragonite or Dracovish as both would do well against electric type as they take normal damage. I would like Gengar to battle since it is due, but can also see Lucario as well. But if it was up to me Ash’s team would be Pikachu, Gengar and Dracovish

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yes I am aware of DP situation. I'm speaking about Platinum team and his in game teams for the games after platinum. Magnezone should have been a legitimate addition. Its also worthy to note that majority of his pokemons are pure Electric types. Exceptions of Lantern , Galvantula and Rotom.

I waiting to see how they pottrey strongest Sinnoh Gym leader now after all these years. This sinnoh hype is so real!

Okay, my bad. I read over that bit. :D

Sinnoh-hype is real! :)

ANY complaints with this series, and with the franchise after Sword and Shield, can be traced to NatDexers.

This includes the anime not being bound to one region, or doing gyms/trials, or non-Galar captures, or Goh, or Ash not grtting starters, etc. etc..

They wanted CHANGES from the previous series, and got it. They weren't specific enough, and must reap what they have sown.

Lol, you go believe that. It seems as if you're wrapped up in a me vs. them-scenario.

I have a few complaints about this show (it's boring as hell) and the Sword and Shield-games and Galar as a whole is not what I wanted for a UK-based game (I wanted more caves being actual mazes, more routes and less trains/portal hopping). I am not what you describe as a 'NatDexer'. Every pokémon will be available in PokémonHome. I'm fine with not having Chatot in Galar, but I know that I can bring my Gen4 Chatot to Gen9 if those games Dex include it. I honestly couldn't care less about there only being 400 Pokémon in the Galar Dex, because I have a brain and know that the rest would be made available in one way or form later. And then we got PokémonHome.

Therefore your 'Any complaints'-argument is already flawed. That or your view on the fandom is actually quite polarized/narrow.

They weren't specific enough? Lol, you're taking this way out of proportions. GameFreak does their own thing. If they listened, they would've added BattleFrontier-style features in recent games, but they don't. But then again, this comes down to you having a narrow understanding of the fandom. As you quoted that people wanted DP-remakes, yeah, sure you can single out a few post, but all I ever heard was Gen4-Remakes and Sinnoh Remakes. That obviously includes Platinum. People might just have said DP because Crystal and Emerald never got remake titles, but some of their storybeats got included in the GS and RS remakes.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
It'll most likely be a 1vs1 Pikachu vs Raichu knowing the writers, so I am not getting my hopes up. It would be cool to have them remember that Ash has a full roster, but it's Pokémon.
Decent amount of Luxray merch as well as its silhouette being with Volkner at the end of the Iris episode. So I’m sure we will at least see Volkner use Luxray

Status
Not open for further replies.