• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I swear, if Iwane is assigned to the previous episode instead of this one, then screw the management of this anime. This episode needs to be the 'dream team' (Tomioka-Asada-Iwane-Shimura).
After what they've done with Dawn's return, the best we are going to get is at least Tomioka as the writer

D

Deleted member 384931

Aside of Luxray, what pokemon do you want that Volkner uses?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Squirtle was good too

Squirtle sucked during the first part of OS. The first offical battle that it won was that battle in the League. It got better from there on, but yeah, it was basically a personality-mon like Oshawott/Totodile that got a few matches near the end of its run.

Hence why we call that trash move "Suicide Mountain" because using it was the same as giving the opponent a free win

Sheer.Trauma.

I could handle Grotle losing to Palmer. Rhyperior even broke a sweat and it basically came down to strength difference.

I could handle Torterra losing to Bertha. This loss wasn't even due to Rock Climb and when it did use it the RockClimb/IronHead-clash actually looked good.

I could barely bite my lip when Torterra fell to Volkner's Torterra, knowing full well that Pikachu needed a win and Infernape was going to perfect Blaze.

But the Sinnoh League in general broke me. Everybody knew Torterra needed a win. Staraptor gets a fight against Nando. Probably wouldn't get a win vs. Paul. That's fine. I was fine with Quilava and Heracross getting some extra love that they didn't get all that much of during their own league and it served HGSS-promotion so what can you do (not so much that Quilava's fight was mostly offscreened, that was sad). But that still opened up options for Torterra down the road. Ash's entire second round battle is skipped except FREAKING SNORLAX Bodyslamming a Grumpig to death!?! How was that relevant or necessary?! At this point I'm already annoyed. That's basically three wins for 'fall guys' thrown away. Gible got awesome usage vs. Conway, not that I expected it to be in the Paul-battle at all, but it was nice to know it got wins regardless -and again, Donphan and Noctowl served HGSS-promotion and it was great to see Noctowl getting that BUFF to its moveset and a nice win, losing to Dusknoir was a nice reversal of its effectiveness against Morty, subverting that expectation and showing that the show had evolved and gave opponents interesting movesets.

And then vs. Paul happens. Could Ash have sent out Torterra vs. Aggron? That would've been a cool match-up. Could've Ash sent out Torterra vs. Gastrodon? The type-matchup was there, but Ice Beam probably would've KO'd it and I really liked Buizel's win there. Gliscor could've gotten either Ninjask or Drapion in my eyes, but the win it got was well deserved and there's no reason to reason against it. Froslass and Electivire were never options for it to win anything. So Aggron, Gastrodon or Ninjask were the only realistic options if they wanted to give Torterra a win. Ninjask could've been done if Ash used the defensive strat (mirroring Paul's Torterra vs. Gliscor), Aggron could've been done if Ash used the Energy Ball-strat (showing the strength it obtained since vs. Palmer and the lesson from Bertha). Gastrodon probably would've resulted in a boring match-up to be honest and I liked what Paul did with the Muddy Water-counter shield. So yeah. Why did Infernape need to take both Aggron and Ninjask? Sure. Give it Ninjask and Electivire. But giving it three wins, while Torterra got nothing was just what broke me. It wasn't even that it used Rock Climb and then used a Synthesis to recover and then got basically one shotted (well insult to injury really with an extra side of salt). It was just so obvious that they had to force the battle into an Infernape-show, like how Charizard basically ended up running through Gary's team as well.

/Rantover.

Torterra would have been much better off with Earthquake. Too bad that move is permanently banned from the anime

Earth Power was legal at the time (Paul's Nidoking used it vs. his dadBrandon). Perfect way to give it a STAB-move. Then again, I actually quite liked seeing a charging Torterra.. Something like Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, EarthPower and Wood Hammer (slams its rugged body into the opponent) would've been awesome. Basically its version of Flare Blitz.

Like they seem to have good ideas how to handle Grotle/Torterra’s battle style but then oddly gave up on it and tried to force it to use it’s speed.

Luckily now it has more options when it comes to Ground type moves it can use, like for instance I think Bulldoze would be a good move for it to pick up.

The fact that it never used the EnergyBall-gimmick after the Palmer battle said it all. They taught it to Mamoswine and that was it. But yeah, they probably wanted to focus more and more on wrapping up Infernape's storyline.

Bet it is Flint

Could be, but wouldn't he be yet another high priced VA?

D

Deleted member 384931

At one hand reserves would be ideal for the Ultra Class. Normally. But with how less screentime and battles pokemon like Gengar, Lucario and Sirfechted get, that would be a big middle finger to those three pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.