• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I pity whoever is on the receiving end of that attack...

nice to see Ash is taking things abit more seriously though if he's actually starting to use his past resources...now if he could just go for the reserves.
Why does it feel like they’re writing Ash’s final story?

Torterra’s not being used. I’m pissed.

RafaSceptile

Well no. Anyone can train up a strong pokemon from anywhere. Z moves tho? It’s just a middle finger to anyone who never bothered to go to alola.

They at least could’ve given volkner a mega or something.
Z moves are not an instant win, so it is not a middle finger to anyone who never bothered to go to alola, the only problem here is that of all Z-moves, it is an Ash's exclusive Z move, but my point is still valid.

MegaSalamence05

Now here's my question, will Ash use 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt against Electivire because if so that's a giant misstep.

Now I do apologize if I did spoil things. I forget how to do the Spoiler tags so for anyone wondering that I do apologize about that

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Z moves are not an instant win, so it is not a middle finger to anyone who never bothered to go to alola, the only problem here is that of all Z-moves, it is an Ash's exclusive Z move, but my point is still valid.
It still means ash has an option that his opponent won’t have, and the only reason his opponent doesn’t have it is because they never went to alola.

Megas are limited by species, so it depends heavily on the pokemon. Dynamax are locked to galar, and available to any pokemon there, so not abuseable outside galar. Z-moves are also generally usable, but screw everyone who never went to alola to get one. The fact that it’s an ash special z-move is by far the least concerning part about it for me.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Yeess! Finally! A 3 vs 3.

Gengar, Lucario, and Pikachu vs Fan Rotom, Electivire, and Luxray. Seems like mostly neutral match-ups which is good.

I see some people don't like the idea of Ash using a Z-move when Volkner doesn't have a power-up... but didn't Ash basically use a power-up before with Infernape's Blaze?

Volkner has always been hinted at being close to Elite 4 status of strength. Ash should try to get an upper hand wherever he can.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Now we have to expect him to use Z-Moves from here onward.

considering the ultra tier unlike the previous ones should be full of tough trainers to push Ash to his limits, he needs to start using his resources at this point, now if he could start using his reserves that would make things even better.

Now here's my question, will Ash use 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt against Electivire because if so that's a giant misstep.

this is his first hyper class battle, if they made him be stupid at this point then how could one expect to take the rest of the PWC seriously.

Let's not forget, the last time he fought Volkner he found out first hand it had Motor Drive(and what it could do) when using Pikachu against it, and he quickly stopped using electrical moves against it.

Gengar, Lucario, and Pikachu vs Fan Rotom, Electivire, and Luxray. Seems like mostly neutral match-ups which is good.

is that confirmed that the rotom is in fan-mode?

odd-choice, i figured he'd use it naturally without changing it's form.

I'mma be real Ash ever using a Z move like this away from Alola was something I had pegged as more unlikely than Ash bringing back reserves to fight.

hopefully that's a sign of good things to come, he shouldn't be pulling his punches anymore if he wants to prove he wants to beat Leon.

ShadowForce720

considering the ultra tier unlike the previous ones should be full of tough trainers to push Ash to his limits, he needs to start using his resources at this point, now if he could start using his reserves that would make things even better.

this is his first hyper class battle, if they made him be stupid at this point then how could one expect to take the rest of the PWC seriously.

Let's not forget, the last time he fought Volkner he found out first hand it had Motor Drive(and what it could do) when using Pikachu against it, and he quickly stopped using electrical moves against it.

is that confirmed that the rotom is in fan-mode?

odd-choice.

hopefully that's a sign of good things to come, he shouldn't be pulling his punches anymore if he wants to prove he wants to beat Leon.
Yep, it’s confirmed that Volkner’s Rotom is in its fan form as it was shown in the pictures for this episode.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
guzman's Pokémon was able to agunt ash's Z-move without much trouble and cut Lana primarina's Z-move, I don't see why Volkner can't resist it, although ash won anyway, I hope gengar defeats rotom

Thing is, this is the same Z-move that flat out destroyed alola's guardian deity along with Tapu-Koko

Golisipod was a monster, and it was able to take on natural Z-moves, but this is one Z-move i'm not sure even it could survive, because the ten million volt thunderbolt is alot more destructive than gigavolt havoc is.

combined with electric terrain seemingly being up...Luxray and Rotom are pretty much dead if they get hit by it.

RafaSceptile

Thing is, this is the same Z-move that flat out destroyed alola's guardian deity along with Tapu-Koko

Golisipod was a monster, and it was able to take on natural Z-moves, but this is one Z-move i'm not sure even it could survive, because the ten million volt thunderbolt is alot more destructive than gigavolt havoc is.

combined with electric terrain seemingly being up...Luxray and Rotom are pretty much dead if they get hit by it.
I could understand if people complain about Ash using something unique to him like Ash-Pikashinium Z (even if from Ash's perspective it should be fine), but I don't understand people complaining about Ash using Z-moves in general when the anime already proved that it is not an instant win and can be neutralized even without another Z-move.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
guzman's Pokémon was able to agunt ash's Z-move without much trouble and cut Lana primarina's Z-move, I don't see why Volkner can't resist it, although ash won anyway, I hope gengar defeats rotom
Guzma and piers made an active choice to not use a gimmick available to them. Everybody who never went to alola never had a choice to begin with.

It’s like ash went in with all the payed DLC unlocked, while everyone else can’t even get it because it’s region exclusive.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I honestly thought Ash using the z ring again was a pipe dream, especially outside of Alola. I wonder if it will get any specific buildup in the previous episode, or if that will just be a gentle reminder z moves exist in the first place. Either way I’m pretty pumped.

kickachu

Momentai!
Don't you think it's a bit unfair for ash to use a z move against volkner who has no idea about it

Decidueye23

Would have preferred ash to use Gugavolt havoc instead of the special one since it seems a bit much for some one like volkner. But other wise, lucario and gengar?!? A 3v3. This ep is giving me what i ve been asking for since a veru long time. So no complains lol

Going to have to say, the narrative that has led up to this battle unfortunately doesn't do this battle any favors. That is to say it doesn't make any sense. This is Sinnoh's strongest gym leader. Ash is using Gengar, a Pokemon that is a massive jobber with barely any screentime and barely any battles and Lucario which has much of the same problems and we're supposed to take it seriously. On a story level, this battle is pretty fundamentally broken at the start, which already makes the battle lose a bit of the hype and luster for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.