• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

Well to be fair it's not up to Ash in that retrospect that other trainers didn't do what he did. He wants a championship. He wants options, for right now Ash doesn't have access to Mega Evolution. (Not going down that rabbit hole yet). But why should Ash in a tactical manner not use something that provides an advantage. It's strategy. Sure there's the unwritten rulebook but strategy should always win out.

RafaSceptile

Don't you think it's a bit unfair for ash to use a z move against volkner who has no idea about it
Not at all, this is the exact same situation of Harrison using Hoenn Pokémon in the Johto League, unknown for most people in the region, or Ash using Ash-Greninja in the Kalos League, or Brock using Mega-Steelix against Kiawe, etc.

In the end, this is a competition and people will use their strongest options if they feel the necessity in order to win. That is the point of a competition. Also if it is allowed, then it is fair.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t get the mindset of Ash having access to Z Moves being unfair especially given that Volkner seems aware of his Z Power Ring prior to their battle.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I don’t get the mindset of Ash having access to Z Moves being unfair especially given that Volkner seems aware of his Z Power Ring prior to their battle.
The truly unfair thing is that the z ring sits at home 99% of the time instead of being a permanent fixture. Realistically there’s no reason not to have it on hand at all times when you never know when a PWC battle could come up.

With that said it’s just occurred to me that if Mega Lucario happens, they may have Ash use his z ring along with the mega stone. I wonder if this could also serve the purpose of setting that up.

MegaSalamence05

If and I mean if this is a stepping stone for Ash the development here would be interesting. For reference purposes thanks to the acknowledgment that Ash is the rightfully crowned Champion of Alola. It opens up a culture shift, because of the victory versus Iris he's already dethroned one Champion, so with Ash gaining access to Z-Moves he can in theory use Z-Moves, The hypothetical Mega Evolution for Lucario and the Dynamax abilities. Effectively tying in all 3 abilities up against Leon. Might I add all 3 Pokémon Ash uses here will have access to the three specifics in question. Pokémon Specific Z-Move - Pikachu, Mega Evolution - Lucario and Gigantimax - Gengar.

Last edited:
it would be great if Volkner recognizes Ash as an Alolan champion and asks him to put on his Z-Ring

I think Ash is wearing his ring to commemorate his league win (Two years ago )

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

If and I mean if this is a stepping stone for Ash the development here would be interesting. For reference purposes thanks to the acknowledgment that Ash is the rightfully crowned Champion of Alola. It opens up a culture shift, because of the victory versus Iris he's already dethroned one Champion, so with Ash gaining access to Z-Moves he can in theory use Z-Moves, The hypothetical Mega Evolution for Lucario and the Dynamax abilities. Effectively tying in all 3 abilities up against Leon. Might I add all 3 Pokémon Ash uses here will have access to the three specifics in question. Pokémon Specific Z-Move - Pikachu, Mega Evolution - Lucario and Gigantimax - Gengar.
Dont forget Ash-Greninja too. I just hope he doesnt rely on gimmicks too much.

Ash-Greninja was a Mega, so he didn't have an unfair advantage against Sawyer, the absol girl or Alain

I keep saying this is only to commemorate Ash's victory in Alola, he won't use Z moves anymore.

ShadowForce720

Ash-Greninja was a Mega, so he didn't have an unfair advantage against Sawyer, the absol girl or Alain

I keep saying this is only to commemorate Ash's victory in Alola, he won't use Z moves anymore.
Considering that before this some people argue that Ash wouldn’t use any Z-moves in the current series at all and yet he is going to be using one in this episode.

At this point Ash using Z-moves in a additional battles besides this one is pretty likely as this episode is pretty much establishing the precedent that Ash can and will use a Z-move during some of the battles.

Why is an Alola gimmick being used in a match that symbolizes Sinnoh? It’s bs. It doesn’t make sense. Volkner has NOTHING do to with Alola and yet here is the broken Power of Alola boost. Tomiaysu is a Sun and Moon lover. Meanwhile AG has had NO continuity at all sans one second of Corphish.

At this point Ash using Z-moves in a additional battles besides this one is pretty likely as this episode is pretty much establishing the precedent that Ash can and will use a Z-move during some of the battles.
Personally I think it will not be used anymore, or maybe it will be used again in a year.

>"establishing a precedent" This anime is not the best example when it comes to doing that, I think it is a commemorative episode

RafaSceptile

Why is an Alola gimmick being used in a match that symbolizes Sinnoh? It’s bs. It doesn’t make sense. Volkner has NOTHING do to with Alola and yet here is the broken Power of Alola boost. Tomiaysu is a Sun and Moon lover. Meanwhile AG has had NO continuity at all sans one second of Corphish.
Because the competition is not about using gimmicks in their respective region, is a WORLD championship tournament, all gimmicks from all regions can be used in any place.

Calm down, at some point May or something will come back. Remember that in Alola, Ash's Pokémon did absolutely nothing. Corphish had the same screen time on Journeys as all the Alolamons.

That rumor that Tomiyasu prefers Alola is very silly, so far the episodes in that region have been few, you can ignore that episode and it will not affect the plot. This is just a commemoration, I think that the Z ring thing will not be used anymore, The megas and dinamax are much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.