• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemonfan5

Those samples you listed are very, very expendable in the big picture, and he only used said gimmicks in serious (keyword) battles against trainers who had similar means.
Ash was facing a normal Altaria not mega and he was dominating the battle against Misty even before z move.

I don't like Ash using Pikashunium Z here even though he can win without it but this isn't first time he do something like that

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash was facing a normal Altaria not mega and he was dominating the battle against Misty even before z move.
Again, that Altaria trainer was nothing but just a strange opening where he was somehow compelled to use Ash-Greninja right away. He is seldom seen using the ultimate weapon. And the Misty battle was still serious even if he was "dominating" it. He wasn't about to finish things with just a Thunderbolt against a ME.

Master Pikachu 11

Well we could just get
Gengar vs Rotom
Gengar vs electivire
Elcetivire vs Lucario
Lucario vs Luxray
Luxray vs Pikachu
Ash wins.
Based on the pics that we have I am predicting that this battle will be somewhat similar to their last battle back in DP where I expect Volkner’s first Pokémon will be Electivire just like he started with it in DP and Luxray will be the final battle only difference is that he is using Rotom instead of Jolteon. I believe Pikachu will take on both Electivire and Luxray like he did when he last battled Volkner, so Pikachu was able to beat Electivire thanks to his ability, but was knocked out against Luxray. So I expect it to be somewhat similar but this time Pikachu struggles with Electivire as usual.
Pikachu vs Electivire: Pikachu is recalled
Gengar vs Electivire: Gengar
Gengar vs Rotom fan: Rotom
Lucario vs Rotom fan: Lucario
Lucario vs Luxray: Luxray
Pikachu vs Luxray: Pikachu
This is my ideal scenario since all of Ash’s Pokémon get wins and I hope that Gengar doesn’t pull a Torterra in this battle and loses again.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Gimmicks ARE part of a trainer battle and earning them is a trainers achievement. I'm sick of acting like they are unfair cheap plays when they are meant for battles and are earned by the trainers.
What was cheap was Gladion throwing those discs to Silvally or Ash doing that double switch thing with Anabel, etc. This is completely fair play, he EARNED it

Pokemonfan5

Again, that Altaria trainer was nothing but just a strange opening where he was somehow compelled to use Ash-Greninja right away. He is seldom seen using the ultimate weapon. And the Misty battle was still serious even if he was "dominating" it. He wasn't about to finish things with just a Thunderbolt against a ME.
Mega evolution or not Ash and Pikachu shown that they can win without z move but Ash still go for it, just like that Ash probably going to use z move against Volkner despite pikachu don't need it unless writers again nerf pikachu alot.

Megapixel

Mega evolution or not Ash and Pikachu shown that they can win without z move but Ash still go for it, just like that Ash probably going to use z move against Volkner despite pikachu don't need it unless writers again nerf pikachu alot.

I think we're underestimating volkner a lot ,remember he has a power similar to an Elite Four.

Pokemonfan5

I think we're underestimating volkner a lot ,remember he has a power similar to an Elite Four.
Volkner maybe close to E4 but he isn't using his Raichu who was rival to flint Infernape while Pikachu defeat a champion ace level opponent.
Don't have problem with Pikachu barely winning against Volkner Pokemon but seriously using z move not just any z move Ash is using Pikashunium z

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I guess Ash using a Z-Ring means he didn't train enough to overcome the odds of these battles he has been winning like no tomorrow and so he needs something strong ASAP.

...I also guess this is what the writers meant by making him "unbeatable."

I, personally, will only accept his use of the Z-Ring if he doesn't use his extreme super move over the normal one, but still, it feels cheap that Ash is using something like that against someone who doesn't and he has clearly beaten in the past.
What a silly assumption XD

Ash does not need Z-Ring to win, with his team it is more than enough. Those ridiculous Z-moves won't be around for every Hyperclass battle so take it as the anniversary of the Alola League.

Megapixel

Volkner maybe close to E4 but he isn't using his Raichu who was rival to flint Infernape while Pikachu defeat a champion ace level opponent.
Don't have problem with Pikachu barely winning against Volkner Pokemon but seriously using z move not just any z move Ash is using Pikashunium z
ash is probably motivated to use the Z-movs again on his trip to alola from chapter 76,and who knows maybe in master class we could see his old pokémon in battle

Late to the party. But I'm not really upset that Ash is using a Z-Move for this one. I mean, I guess it does seem to be a bit overkill to do it against someone else who doesn't have a gimmick...But at the same time I suppose it makes somewhat sense considering Ash is the Alolan champion. Might as well showcase something Alola offers, which is z-moves. I most specifically want to see what the animation is gonna look like with Ash's updated design, since Sun and Moon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Late to the party. But I'm not really upset that Ash is using a Z-Move for this one. I mean, I guess it does seem to be a bit overkill to do it against someone else who doesn't have a gimmick...But at the same time I suppose it makes somewhat sense considering Ash is the Alolan champion.
Where was this sense 75 and a half episodes ago.

Where was this sense 75 and a half episodes ago.
I mean we all know that his "sense" is always determined by whether the writers allow him to actually have half a brain or not. So lets not act like it's a surprise that it took this long for him to start wearing his z-ring around lmao. But ultimately, he's in the hyper class, its about time he starts doing whatever he can to win, something he should have been doing from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.