• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
Wow, the sodium levels in this chat went from 100 to 200 over the number 27. If Volkner were lower, people would be saying it's a disrespect to him, but if he were higher, the complaining would be all-encompassing. Ash probably won't rise to anything higher than 75th if he wins IMO.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't play online on SwSh but doesn't stuff like amount of pokémon remaining on the winner side affect ranking?

If the answer is yes, then they'll probably have Ash win with only Pikachu standing and because he only had one left (and not on top-shape) his rank won't increase much. I can see it working

Satoshi-Gekkouga was a one-of-kind transformation only Satoshi could trigger without a Mega Stone with no recoil originating from an even more special concept called Bond Phenomenon…..there’s plenty of “exclusive” Z-moves and there’s no rule saying no one could use 10M Volt Thunderbolt. They would just need the SatoPika-Z.
Well, our PC on USUM could literally use the Pikashunium Z if I recall correctly. Same for Ash-Greninja.

I mean, I'm just in it for the battle, and hoping that it ends up being a good one. Ash's rank will raise by however number the writer's decide to make it increase by, regardless of the opponent's ranking. If the silhouettes are any indicator, he would still have 4 other opponents besides Volkner to battle, so while I'd hope his rank doesn't skyrocket, at the end of the day if he's only going to be battling 4 other opponents (unless they surprise us with more), then it doesn't really matter to me as he'll eventually reach the Master Class.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wow, the sodium levels in this chat went from 100 to 200 over the number 27. If Volkner were lower, people would be saying it's a disrespect to him, but if he were higher, the complaining would be all-encompassing. Ash probably won't rise to anything higher than 75th if he wins IMO.
Didn't Ash get the notification automatically because Volkner was right above his 28th spot, or did Ash just browse?

I'm fine with Volkner being that high, but I'm not fine with Ash suddenly being that high and close to him.

Red and Blue

Guess Ash could still lose against Volkner and rematch him later. I thought he had the match in the bag but with Volkner's rank so high I'm having second thoughts

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash cant go back to the great class, but can't advance too high in the Ultra Class. Know what you want! Lol

ShadowForce720

Didn't Ash get the notification automatically because Volkner was right above his 28th spot, or did Ash just browse?

I'm fine with Volkner being that high, but I'm not fine with Ash suddenly being that high and close to him.
Ash is still rank 99, it’s just in the Hyper Class though you know choose your own opponents instead your opponents are chosen for you and your matches get scheduled.

So basically Normal and Super Class your able to challenge anyone in the same class as you since there are a lot of participants in those classes so it’s not that hard to find opponents of the same rank.

However Hyper Class is only ranks 99-9 so that is about only 91 participants and considering that they could be anywhere in any region it’s much easier for the PWC to schedule the matches for the participants and determining the opponents for them rather then just having the participants having to search around.

Basically Ash is still rank 99 while Volkner is around rank 27 or 28.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Here's a completely wack idea
Since we know there's Pokémon presents on Wednesday just before this episode
What if megas are revealed for BDSP and Volkner gets Mega Electivire and it's featured in this battle?
Pretty wild speculation but would be interesting and would quench some people's gimmick thirst for Volkner

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash is still rank 99, it’s just in the Hyper Class though you know choose your own opponents instead your opponents are chosen for you and your matches get scheduled.

So basically Normal and Super Class your able to challenge anyone in the same class as you since there are a lot of participants in those classes so it’s not that hard to find opponents of the same rank.

However Hyper Class is only ranks 99-9 so that is about only 91 participants and considering that they could be anywhere in any region it’s much easier for the PWC to schedule the matches for the participants and determining the opponents for them rather then just having the participants having to search around.

Basically Ash is still rank 99 while Volkner is around rank 27 or 28.
Sooo what you're saying is that Ash has literally been slacking off in official PWC battles since battling Iris. Hoo boy.

So he just got the notification for Volkner randomly for no reason?

Red and Blue

What if megas are revealed for BDSP and Volkner gets Mega Electivire and it's featured in this battle?
Pretty wild speculation but would be interesting and would quench some people's gimmick thirst for Volkner
That would be pretty cool. Plus Mega Electivire's ability could be different from Motor Drive making it vulnerable to 10 Volt Thunderbolt

desdar300

It might not be too far-fetched because I think go caught his Flygon the very weak they were doing a Dragon theme Pokemon go thing

CupidKirby

No he wouldn't. Satopika Z is a DEM, it's not something "he earned by training a lot". Freaking kukui has been training longer than ash and doesn't have an exclusive Z move. There's no justification for plot armor.

That is a horrible example. Kukui got the Guardian of Alola Z-move. He's the only character in the anime to have been shown to be able to use it. And you can't say that I'm assuming that it's a Kukui-exclusive move that anyone else who pairs with a Tapu can't use because you're assuming that Pikashunium Z and the whole concept of creating your own Z-move is Ash-exclusive. If we were going by game logic, the main character of the Sun/Moon games proves that anyone can use these moves if they've trained in Alola and "became one with the land" long enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.