• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All hail Ash the unbeatable trainer.

Why? Because.
I've already made my point about the incoherency of the build-up, so might as well just enjoy the episode since it is shaping up to be interesting indeed.

If the episode can really deliver Iwane-peak animation and a tense match full of strategies, that's a major plus in my book. Hopefully it'll be able to beat out Ash vs Visquez in terms of my favorite battle in Journeys.

D

Deleted member 384931

I think Satoshi will rank up to position 70 after this battle

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not gonna lie, I forgot that Volkner uses a Fan Rotom in BW2's PWT as part of his Type Expert/World Leaders team that he can choose from, and I also forgot Ash made it into the Ultra Class after beating Iris, though in my defence it was 3 months ago.

STICKTOPIA

Unless lucario defeats luxray, I feel like pikachu will be the one to defeat it. Pikachu lost to luxray twice in the past so I highly doubt it’ll be a third time. Also I think pikachu will battle luxray because of the z-move and I don’t see how electric type moves will affect electivire with motor drive. I feel like luxray will defeat lucario, recall it and send out rotom fan, gengar defeats it, loses to electivire, pikachu defeats electivire, and then pikachu vs luxray.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
My apologies for breaking up the conversation, but as long as the battle is entertaining I’d be willing to accept an Ash loss here. Ash winning after a great battle would simply be icing on the metaphorical cake for me.

nickdt

My apologies for breaking up the conversation, but as long as the battle is entertaining I’d be willing to accept an Ash loss here. Ash winning after a great battle would simply be icing on the metaphorical cake for me.

Ash ain't losing. Thats simply not an option as him losing puts him back to Super Class and effectively makes his win against Iris pointless.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Essentially:
  • Battles in Hyper Class take place in large stadiums/arenas with a big crowds. They are scheduled ahead of time.
    Ash's Champion status is mentioned again, kinda hard to understand it, but it's in the context of Bea and the other members of Hyper Class I think
    The battle is supposed to be really strategic, with a lot switching. Intense and tight is how the leaker described it
    Lucario apparently does really well, but every Pokémon performs great
    The animation is really impressive
My friend just Google translated everything before he sent me screencaps, so don't quote me on it.
Any info on the outcome?

STICKTOPIA

Ash ain't losing. Thats simply not an option as him losing puts him back to Super Class and effectively makes his win against Iris pointless.
I’d accept the loss too but like nickdt said: it’d defeat the purpose of ash defeating iris and going back to the great class. One way or another they’ll make Ash win. Pikachu hasn’t been a star in a long time. They’ll make it defeat electivire and luxray.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
More like he'd just get the ranking back OFFSCREEN so what's the point?
Ash beat Volkner in the past and we've already been teased with Lt. Surge, just let Ash beat Volkner and move on. Besides Lucario and Gengar need the wins

Let a Galar trainer or Elite Four member/Palmer/Brandon/Paul dish out a loss for him as losing to them means more screentime for those characters, and they won't get stuffed into a singular episode like Wikstrom was! >_<

Volkner's cool but he can easily reappear when Ash fights Flint.

diakyu

I think I'm most excited for Lucario to be in a proper battle. Sure Gengar and the Z-ring are exciting as well but I've seen both before (even if I could take more Gengar -_-).

ShadowForce720

You know considering that Ash’s Hyper Rank matches are scheduled and that at the end of episode 76 Ash got a notification that said his first Hyper Class battle is scheduled one week from them which interestingly enough is true in real time as episode 77 is when we’re getting the battle.

So I’m wondering if when Ash is notified for his next Hyper Class battle after this one if they basically tell us what episode his next battle would be by saying how many weeks it will be.

So basically for example if the notification happens at the end of episode 77 if it says the next battle will be in 5 weeks if that would translate to the next battle being in episode 82.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Would be cool if Volkner would be using Gigantamax Toxtricity but maybe they are saving it for Lt. Surge (I believe Ash will eventually battle him in the PWC).

Also, does anyone have any idea who Ash's other Ultra Class rivals might be?

We know Bea is one of them. Maybe Leaf (Clefairy silhouette?), Lt. Surge and another guy?

However back to this episode, I am very happy to see Volkner using a new Pokemon, Rotom-fan. Hope this battle is going to be really good.

Master Pikachu 11

Friend of mine on Twitter sent me screencaps of the Chinese leaker's account cause they posted new leaks and and after that, I'm pretty hyped now. A lot of my concerns on just an episode level basis at least seem to have been addressed.
Essentially:
  • Battles in Hyper Class take place in large stadiums/arenas with a big crowds. They are scheduled ahead of time.
    Ash's Champion status is mentioned again, kinda hard to understand it, but it's in the context of Bea and the other members of Hyper Class I think
    The battle is supposed to be really strategic, with a lot switching. Intense and tight is how the leaker described it
    Lucario apparently does really well, but every Pokémon performs great
    The animation is really impressive
My friend just Google translated everything before he sent me screencaps, so don't quote me on it.
Hey @Kuzehiko, is there anything else that your friend mentions that is not covered on this potential leak

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Hey @Kuzehiko, is there anything else that your friend mentions that is not covered on this potential leak
As I've always said if sth in the leak ends up not happening don't blame me. Always remember to take everything with a grain of salt. Since you asked let's go:
Leaks in the thread are accurate.
Good and very intense battle overall, good animation, Volkner dominates Ash for the most of the battle, Ash is the one switching Pokemon. Ash wins in very close battle. He doesn't surpass Volkner in general World Series ranking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.