• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 20th: PM2019 077 - A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
images
I Would put in today for date of hurtfulness, time is, 5:07 AM, Checks "Someone posted it".
I would check yes for Was a Tissue needed for the tears, I would check yes for Will You able to move past it.
I would check "I Felt picked on".

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
It's a multi-billion dollar company. There's no excuse for low quality battles. Why can't every battle have Ash vs Alain levels of quality?

The necessary elements for creating a high-quality battle are staff and time. Sometimes there's no time and no staff available to do constant high-quality episodes. You can give a lot of money to weak staff and still get a bad episode. Actually, even 'bad' staff deserve a lot of money because everyone deserves living wages that allow them to escape a bad workplace.

Anyway, the staff of this episode is incredible. Tomioka Atsuhiro (script), Asada Yuuji (storyboard and episode director) and Iwane Masa'aki (uncredited storyboard, solo key animation) are the same trio that gave us three episodes where Satoshi fought Shinji, the four Mega Evolution specials, the first part of Satoshi's Kalos League battle with Alan and many other great battles. This is going to be a kickass episode.

The necessary elements for creating a high-quality battle are staff and time. Sometimes there's no time and no staff available to do constant high-quality episodes. You can give a lot of money to weak staff and still get a bad episode. Actually, even 'bad' staff deserve a lot of money because everyone deserves living wages that allow them to escape a bad workplace.

Anyway, the staff of this episode is incredible. Tomioka Atsuhiro (script), Asada Yuuji (storyboard and episode director) and Iwane Masa'aki (uncredited storyboard, solo key animation) are the same trio that gave us three episodes where Satoshi fought Shinji, the four Mega Evolution specials, the first part of Satoshi's Kalos League battle with Alan and many other great battles. This is going to be a kickass episode.
Oh did someone say Kalos League...

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer

Lots of quality experience right there - sounds like this trio knows exactly what they are doing. Definitely an underrated moment from their work that you mentioned I feel comes from Mega Evolution Act IV - the shot of Alain's eye when he's all pissed at himself near the special's end. I still get the chills whenever I go back and watch that scene.

BlueDragonfangirl

I never even said anything about the battles being affected? I made a case about Goh eating up screentime in Ash episodes while the inverse doesn't hold true, wherein a lot of screentime could have been allocated to something as simple as Ash training his Pokemon and gaining some modicum of progress that is more showing and less telling (even something as simple as learning new moves is now off screen, they effing updated Gengar's moveset, the most neglected Pokemon in this series, off-screen). That is the reason why the complaints were born in the first place even if they ended up being exaggerated or misdirected (as I stated).

EDIT: Also, why does everyone assume that Ash progressing = PWC only? There are more ways to show progression.
Don't mind that person, just giving Go the slightest ounce of negative feed back and the pounce on you. They are just as bad as his haters, please give others respect like you want. I agree with your post.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Hoping Pikachu’s 10M Volts fries Elekible’s Motor Drive. Would make sense progression and thematically for their rematch to end with Pikachu finally getting to use his signature move to win the day. Thunderbolt got eaten last time but it needs to see what a Z-Move taste like this round.

Zariful

Great right? Weird they flashbacked Torterra vs Electrivire instead of Electrivire vs Infernape
Well you see there's a perfectly good explanation. Infernape never fought Volkner's Electivire. And was already in a flashback fighting Paul's Electivire

Status
Not open for further replies.