• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: PM2019 034 - Saito, the Lone Warrior! The Otosupus Menace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't really mind in this case them just going with the dojo from the games as a cool nod rather than that weird filler from AG which was so boring. I always liked the storyline of the karate king being defeated by Sabrina and losing his gym status. Plus if it's that guy from the Johto fillers it's still continuity

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:
Well who knows, if it is the same dojo as the one in the BF, at least Ash has the knowledge of it existing so he decides to go there and train up Riolu and Farfetch'd.

It will be interesting to see if a retcon happens in this case.

Even in the unlikely event that it is the same Fighting Dojo, it makes me a little sad that we likely won't see Tsuguyo from AG145 here.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They need to stop putting Goh in the summary making it seem like he wants to battle the Dojo, we all know Ash is going to do the only battling here meanwhile Goh will run off to capture something.

dman_dustin

They need to stop putting Goh in the summary making it seem like he wants to battle the Dojo, we all know Ash is going to do the only battling here meanwhile Goh will run off to capture something.

Given I have doubts this is an Ash focused episode anyway, I honestly don't care if he ends up catching an Abra, or Gastly.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Given I have doubts this is an Ash focused episode anyway, I honestly don't care if he ends up catching an Abra, or Gastly.

I just mean how the summary implies that Goh and Ash both want to challenge the Dojo and I really doubt it lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:

If you're implying that Gou might have a bigger role than Satoshi in this episode, what reason would Gou have for getting focus here when the plot revolves around Saito and the Fighting Dojo from Yamabuki City? He's not a battler so it's incredibly unlikely that he'll battle her, and Satoshi's the only one who would benefit from battling Saito anyway since his rank could increase by winning if she's also involved in the World Championship circuit.

Mew29240

What reason would Gou have for getting focus in this episode when it revolves around Saito and the Fighting Dojo from Yamabuki City? He's not a battler so it's incredibly unlikely that he'll battle her, and Satoshi's the only one who would benefit from battling Saito anyway since his rank could increase by winning if she's also involved in the World Championship circuit.

Curiously enough, Goh hasn't caught a Fighting-Type yet. Maybe he'll receive a Tyrogue/Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee from the Dojo Master.
I think Goh's "challenging" the Dojo Master is probably Farfetch'd-related. The writers seem to like including it in things for the moment.

dman_dustin

If you're implying that Gou might have a bigger role than Satoshi in this episode, what reason would Gou have for getting focus here when the plot revolves around Saito and the Fighting Dojo from Yamabuki City? He's not a battler so it's incredibly unlikely that he'll battle her, and Satoshi's the only one who would benefit from battling Saito anyway since his rank could increase by winning if she's also involved in the World Championship circuit.

Go got focus when Ash was battling Korrina too much focus but focus nonetheless, I'm just talking about catching Pokemon not necessarily getting a third of the focus, since Go might not be interested in the fighting Dojo.

I'm more surprised you guys remember that episode. Battle Frontier is my favorite in the series but even I can't remember that fighting dojo episode for the life of me lol

There's more to that episode than just the fighting dojo. It expanded on May's foodie behavior which collided with Ash's love for battles.

That girl was similar to the girl from the Hitmontop debut episode from Johto though no wonder people don't remember her.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Actually it'd be pretty funny if he got an Abra and then later an Alakazam and wonders why he can't find a Kadabra lol

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ah, this is the Fighting type Ash should have, not the Kanto bird.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The Kanto bird evolve into a Galar Bird. So we are still getting a Galar Pokémon.
Galar bird not creative, just larger version of Kanto bird with a color swap. I also hold this opinion for other evolutions that are like this (Pidgeot, Dewgong, etc.) even if I like their designs.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
It feels a bit odd to introduce Bea by having her snipe Ash's battle.

I wonder if Goh was just accompanying Ash to spectate?

I am not up to date on the games and anime, but I think they have mentioned in this series that certain pokemon are more likely to appear around certain towns. Could Goh be looking for Saffron city pokemon?

desdar300

It feels a bit odd to introduce Bea by having her snipe Ash's battle.

I wonder if Goh was just accompanying Ash to spectate?

I am not up to date on the games and anime, but I think they have mentioned in this series that certain pokemon are more likely to appear around certain towns. Could Goh be looking for Saffron city pokemon?
Not the single but I'm surprised to hear that since you like Aceburn

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Not the single but I'm surprised to hear that since you like Aceburn
An what !? Sorry but this had not even do any thing in what he saying here ! He asked about the Yamabuki City only Pokemon , it is not unreasonable question here you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.