• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: PM2019 034 - Saito, the Lone Warrior! The Otosupus Menace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That poor octopus.

Riolu can OHKO fully-evolved pokémon, so if it loses here, that makes PM030 Filler since it somehow didn't get stronger from an entire episode of offscreen training
??? Or Grapploct is just that strong. The only fully evolved mon Riolu beat was Goh's Farfetch'd

dman_dustin

Oh look......people complaining about Riolu again......:rolleyes:

But I would agree that I would've preferred Farfetch'd. But it didn't need to come at the cost of throwing Riolu under the bus as per usual in these forums......

??? Or Grapploct is just that strong. The only fully evolved mon Riolu beat was Goh's Farfetch'd

It's Go and Electabuzz is naturally stronger, but I agree, Bea could just be as strong or stronger than Korrina, in which case, it should not be a guarantee that Riolu wins just because it had all that training.

Edit: While I'm kind of meh on Grapploct's appearance, the one shot of Bea looks extremely clean, I hope that shot of Grapploct is just of those mid animation shots that people like to give animator's a hard time (As in Infernape using Flame Wheel against Volkner's Luxray).

D

Deleted member 384931

Her eyebrows eh. I think Riolu will evolve, no I want Riolu to evolve.
Reminder: a certain Riolu beat an Emboar

Last edited by a moderator:

Zariful

Honestly unless this a multiple Pokémon match and Farfetch’d gets a win here. I’d rather not see it be fodder. It’s already lost to its sparring partner twice. The bird and Gengar deserve some victories. Ash has to lose eventually. And while Riolu has Reversal in its back pocket. It could still evolve and have that result in its lost. Turtwig evolved into Grotle and became vulnerable because it wasn’t used to its new body. Riolu evolving puts it in danger cause now its weak to fighting type moves. Which a Pokémon like Graploct could very well have

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Isn't this Fighting Dojo the same place from the episode "Pasta La Vista!", during Kanto's Battle Frontier? Have they rebooted the place or what?

Anyway, considering its role in the games, do you think there's a chance for Ash to get one of the Fighting Types, like in the games? Considering the episode "Pasta la Vista!", I think the Pokemon more suitable for Ash would be Hitmonlee.

Master Pikachu 11

I would have liked if Galarian Farfetch’d was used here instead that way it could have evolved and Ash could have used iron defense like Raihan did in Leon’s battle, but we will see how Riolu does and if it indeed loses. I still wish that we would get more then 1 v 1 battles.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yoko Hikasa. Wew to think I just finished rewatching No Game No Life too.

Love Bea, love her seiyuu, can’t wait for this episode

edit: Also apparently it’s Riolu VS Grapploct. Press release says Bea is in fact a PWC participant.

Get rekt, Riolu lol
If it's simply one on one then I guess Ash is losing, means Farfetch'd(or perhaps Sirfetch at that point) will be in the rematch and probably take on Machamp while Riolu/Lucario gets Grapploct

D

Deleted member 384931

Idk what to think about it. Since the next Episode is about Gou, who knows mayve he wins

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Idk what to think about it. Since the next Episode is about Gou, who knows mayve he wins
Means nothing. Bea probably goes back to Galar after and Ash has to face her there if he wants a rematch

If it's 1v1 then Ash's chances of winning are possibly minimal on account of her being new

D

Deleted member 384931

I see Ash losing in a higher rank having more impact

Some people are saying Riolu should evolve here some others are saying it should lose. I, on the other hand, want both. Hitting two birds with one stone. If I had to choose one, I would choose evolution.

Nothing against Riolu/Lucario at this point. Ash is simply putting all his eggs in one basket. Of course he would use Riolu/Lucario in the rematch, that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.