• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: PM2019 034 - Saito, the Lone Warrior! The Otosupus Menace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Some people are saying Riolu should evolve here some others are saying it should lose. I, on the other hand, want both. Hitting two birds with one stone. If I had to choose one, I would choose evolution.

Nothing against Riolu/Lucario at this point. Ash is simply putting all his eggs in one basket. Of course he would use Riolu/Lucario in the rematch, that's how it works.
Honestly I would be 100% fine with it as long as it can hit the pokemon

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Riolu is most likely winning AND evolving here.

Not really interested in the episode but we'll see...

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
I think Riolu will lose here. It can be it’s first loss that motivates it to get stronger.
Plus it could hint to a future Galar trip where Ash can rematch Bea and learn about the gyms.

I expect that Riolu will win a battle or two at the dojo, get a bit overconfident and then get it knocked away by Grappaloct which motivates it to have a rematch later

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I think it would be fair if Ash lose here. He already defeated Korrina who, let’s be fair, is a monster compared to Bea (not a good reason, I know, but just don’t throw all the fighting gym leaders on him, I’ll be ticked if Brawly or Chuck come next) and Ash is using one of his current less experient mons. I like riolu (sue me), but g-fetch’d could really use some action.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I think it would be fair if Ash lose here. He already defeated Korrina who, let’s be fair, is a monster compared to Bea (not a good reason, I know, but just don’t throw all the fighting gym leaders on him, I’ll be ticked if Brawly or Chuck come next) and Ash is using one of his current less experient mons. I like riolu (sue me), but g-fetch’d could really use some action.
Truth to be told, I really just think they just want to focus on Riolu in order for it to be a Lucario and then after that focus on the others specifically Farfetch’d since they still have to show that the thing can evolve unlike regular Farfetch’d.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I would really like this to be an evolution episode. It seems perfect for either Riolu or Farfetch'd to evolve in a dojo episode involving a fighting type gym leader and whilst I think that the situation is better for Farfetch'd to evolve, since Riolu's evolution would actually add a weakness against Grapploct, the episode seems to involve Riolu battling so I guess that's what we'd get..

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Truth to be told, I really just think they just want to focus on Riolu in order for it to be a Lucario and then after that focus on the others specifically Farfetch’d since they still have to show that the thing can evolve unlike regular Farfetch’d.
The Dusk Lycanrock treatment, then. Evolve the thing, then proceeds to focus on other members. Sometimes, I think they're stopping themselves to use dragonite and gengar more because they're basically Ash's "big guns" there and rookie/middle stage pokemon are more manageable.

Honestly, I'd prefer Alister here, if only because it's Saffron and I'd like to remember all that dismal feeling, also as a nod to how Sabrina dethroned the city's previous gym in the games.

I hope it'll be a 2 vs 2, then. Bea could use some other thing. Still surprised she's using grapploct instead machop line, but, in case of her using a second mon (or grapploct being her second), maybe machop/ke/amp is the other. Or falinks, that strange Mega-man-mook-like thing. I'd make a joke about Japan and tentacles, but I won't.

Oh. Too late.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Is it just me or does the Grapploct look lighter than in the games? It doesn't look nearly as menacing in that one picture. But then again, it's just a picture. Still really looking forward to this episode, though I played Shield, so I don't really know Bea that well.

PsychoLogical

Is it just me or does the Grapploct look lighter than in the games? It doesn't look nearly as menacing in that one picture. But then again, it's just a picture. Still really looking forward to this episode, though I played Shield, so I don't really know Bea that well.
Looks the same to me. And Bea didn’t have Grapploct until Wyndon.

D

Deleted member 384931

I mean once Riolu evolves, its gonna be much bigger then Grapploct

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I've really enjoyed Riolu's development for the most part so far. I think they did a great job showing it training a little in each episode, getting battles like against Farfetch'd where it shows how much it's grown, but having it win the last PWC match felt like a bit much, considering Ash is in the top 1000 now. Had it been a much lower rank battle it would have felt better, and I gotta say if it wins against Bea it'll feel like way too much too fast. In general I feel they've rushed the rankings a little, I guess they didn't want him wallowing at the bottom for long but that could have been a good way to justify Riolu winning. A loss here would feel perfect both for Riolu as a Pokemon and Ash as a trainer.

D

Deleted member 384931

If Ash loses now it would make his loses in the Ultra rank lackbuster

PsychoLogical

Why are people speculating about Riolu evolving so soon? I don’t want another Rabooy situation were it feels unearned.
It’s literally been obvious for weeks. Riolu’s set to evolve soon, real question is when. And there’s a difference between an obvious evolution and an unexpected one. One’s actually deserved, the other is questionable.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is it just me or does the Grapploct look lighter than in the games?

Maybe, but Riolu are definitely lighter in color and less cuter while Lucario are darker in color and have this...oddness to their eyes in the anime.

I mean once Riolu evolves, its gonna be much bigger then Grapploct
Grapploct are 5'03''. Lucario are 3'11''.

I'm not sure being near 4 feet is being bigger than the bigger octopus.

Red and Blue

If Ash loses now it would make his loses in the Ultra rank lackbuster
Why? The Super Rank trainers are stronger then the Normal ranked ones. A loss against Bea or anyone else in that class shouldn't make his loses in the next ranks underwhelming

Zariful

I imagine if they rematch in Galar, she may have a gigantamax Pokemon. So maybe Lucario can get revenge on Graploct, but fall to the gigantamax and we could see Gengar or Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d go godzilla mode against the Machamp. Water your thoughts about that

Status
Not open for further replies.