• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: PM2019 034 - Saito, the Lone Warrior! The Otosupus Menace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I said PURE battling for a reason.

I want a full episode devoted to Ash and Riolu bonding and only them, and then some antagonistic force, maybe Team Rocket, attacks Ash or something, and Riolu wants to evolve to save Ash.

I don't want an emotionless evolution AKA Pure Battling.
Oh, please. TRio is like daisies. Only by mere accident can they put Ash's immortal and eternal life in danger.

Unfortunately, I don't think Riolu will ever evolve through bonding alone. He and Ash pretty much are battle maniacs. If they did bond, Ash's aura thingy would be touched upon. They both simply enjoy battling too much (until a wrench is tossed somehow).

...Also, I'm sure we absolutely do not want a TR-based evolution like that.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Daaaaaaaamn, the golden trio on this episode? Should be at least as good as #18. If Riolu does evolve then Iwane will be able to do his BANK, too.
I hope Iwane does as well as he did in #18, #24 and #29 felt just ok

Leonhart

Imagineer
I suppose it's not so surprising that we have an all-star team working on this episode since this is an episode that involves the debut of a popular Gym Leader, as well as a battle involving her and Satoshi which is rather important. I say "all-star" only because I know how the fandom deifies Mr. Iwane and Mr. Tomioka, although I personally don't put them on such a high pedestal.

dman_dustin

Oh, please. TRio is like daisies. Only by mere accident can they put Ash's immortal and eternal life in danger.
They have Gatcha they can have them use any powerful Pokemon they want and have them attack Ash directly.

Unfortunately, I don't think Riolu will ever evolve through bonding alone. He and Ash pretty much are battle maniacs. If they did bond, Ash's aura thingy would be touched upon. They both simply enjoy battling too much (until a wrench is tossed somehow).
It's not evolving solely without battle, I just want the catalyst for it to evolve to be because Riolu wants to save Ash's life.

Then it battles whatever antagonistic force is there.

...Also, I'm sure we absolutely do not want a TR-based evolution like that.

I don't give two craps what the antagonist force is.

I just don't want an absolutely stupid demented uninspired boring useless Cameron evolution.

It feels like a cop-out to have Riolu/Lucario get his revenge on the one Pokemon that's seemingly being Bea's ace, but then loses to her hypothetical Machamp just so Galarian Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd gets a win that has no build up whatsoever.
Kind of like the Ash vs Gardenia gym battle. Turtwig got its revenge while Aipom was the star without any build up.

It's not evolving solely without battle, I just want the catalyst for it to evolve to be because Riolu wants to save Ash's life.
I think this suits Sirfetch'd more since it is a hero and carries a shield around. Plus that plot has already been done with Dragonite.

dman_dustin

I think this suits Sirfetch'd more since it is a hero and carries a shield around. Plus that plot has already been done with Dragonite.

1. Farfetch'd evolves through critcal hits it will be a pure battle evolution.
2. Dragonite did not defeat the antagonistic force after evolving that was the original Dragonite.
3. People, Riolu evolves through friendship (sunny), it is not that hard to understand why I want a 70/80% bonding 30/20% battling evolution episode. With the majority of the episode being at night bonding with the climax happening during the next day prompting evolution
4, Again I do not want a stupid Cameron evolution even if the results/concept of the battle differ.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Tomioka and Yuji/Iwane? Yup, even more convinced it's Riolu's evolution episode.

Wish they'd use this good trio on the battle of a better pokémon though

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yeah they are making it pretty obvious Satoshi's and Riolu have a great relationship right now so the friendship requirement is done, so I can see it evolving here, maybe losing once and Satoshi motivates it to reinforce the friendship, then rematching Bea and evolving.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You know what, now that I think about it, this is prob Riolu’s evo ep. Least that can get out of the way and make way for the brown duck and any other unevolved captures Ash may own later on (just only Galar tho, no more old gen unevolved captures please)

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Tomioka and Yuji/Iwane? Yup, even more convinced it's Riolu's evolution episode.

Wish they'd use this good trio on the battle of a better pokémon though

'Yuuji' is Asada's given name, not their family name.

Anyway, should be a pretty good episode. I'm not sure if this was animated during the hiatus or not but I'm curious to see if the quality is affected as a result.

PsychoLogical

A majority of Ash’s evolutions are done through battling. Only a minority is done out of saving his life. And I don’t want to keep seeing that same dumb cliche.

dman_dustin

A majority of Ash’s evolutions are done through battling. Only a minority is done out of saving his life. And I don’t want to keep seeing that same dumb cliche.

So you want the to see the evolution method that has been more done to death, has already been done with a Riolu which was not an indication of friendship evolution? Makes sense.

Let me put it this way, Ash has had more of a bond with aura sphere Riolu than his own, All he does with Riolu is battle battle battle battle train train train

I WANT god damn personal interaction between the two Look at Aura Sphere Riolu for an example.

PsychoLogical

People really want Riolu to lose lol
He needs it, and Ash needs to lose eventually. Might as well make his loss against someone relevant. Unless ofc I get bamboozled and Ash and Riolu win this along with Riolu evolving as a bonus which tbh I kinda hope it happens here at the same time as me wanting him to lose, just to get it out of the way and make way for the brown duck and any other unevolved mons Ash may catch later down the line (just as long as they’re from Galar, no more unevolved old gen captures for Ash please)

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
I hope Riolu evolves here... It's been more than 10 episodes since it hatched and had lots of focus/development...

I prefer Riolu over Lucario, so I'm hoping that he'll stay in his current evolutionary stage just a little bit longer. And if we're assuming that Saito might defeat Satoshi here, then I doubt that Riolu would evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.