• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: PM2019 034 - Saito, the Lone Warrior! The Otosupus Menace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Did Ash mention he has a heracross in todays episode? If he didn't, then I can't imagine mentioning how he has a hawlucha either unless he mentions the battle styles or something.

Now Go can participate in this episode more since he has a fighting type too!

Rohanator

Did Ash mention he has a heracross in todays episode? If he didn't, then I can't imagine mentioning how he has a hawlucha either unless he mentions the battle styles or something.

Now Go can participate in this episode more since he has a fighting type too!
Nope. And I mean, he never mentioned his Charizard to Alan, Kaki or Dande so I don't see why he should mention a less iconic Mon to a less important character. If the writer of the ep happens to feel like it then sure but clearly that's not a thing that's enforced.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So Bea has a Hawlucha, interesting. So, there's a little detail that I hope the writers and animators catch on. If this Hawlucha uses Flying Press, I hope they don't reuse the animation from XY.

Ash specifically taught Hawlucha to spin right before descending to hit the opponent. I hope Bea's doesn't do that and just jumps and falls flat onto the opponent.

It's a small detail that doesn't matter much in the whole scheme of things but it would Bea a nice distinction between Ash and Bea's training styles. I hope Farfetch'd wins this one.

Before I mentioned that I hoped Bea would be a Hyper Class opponent but now thinking more about it, it doesn't make total sense. As that is why Ash is fighting his way up the rankings to fight in the Masters 8.

What I do hope the loss against Bea reminds Ash is that he needs to call upon old Pokémon and not just rely on his on-hand staff. I don't think he'll call upon anyone until he visits Alola and gets part or all his team back to Cerise Labs.

Rohanator

What I do hope the loss against Bea reminds Ash is that he needs to call upon old Pokémon and not just rely on his on-hand staff. I don't think he'll call upon anyone until he visits Alola and gets part or all his team back to Cerise Labs.
That's not how he rolls though, if his Pokemon fail he wants those Pokemon to become stronger and get revenge rather than just benching them. Not to say that could never happen (and it probably has in some cases) but I don't think this is a lesson he needs to learn, that'd be unfair for Farfetch'd and Riolu.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Tbh it happend soooo many times Ash got too cocky or lost. What makes it different here?

Yeah. He needs to be taken down a peg. They kind of need it for the plot to stretch it out over the series. Plus, as unsatisfying as most of his PWC battles have been, it'll be refreshing to see him him lose.

Red and Blue

That animation with Farfetch'd spinning Hawlucha around with Night Slash looked sick. Can't wait for next week, hopefully Ash loses

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That's not how he rolls though, if his Pokemon fail he wants those Pokemon to become stronger and get revenge rather than just benching them. Not to say that could never happen (and it probably has in some cases) but I don't think this is a lesson he needs to learn, that'd be unfair for Farfetch'd and Riolu.

People seem to think Ash using reserves is magically going to improve the PWC
Ash curbstomping everyone he meets with Pikachu is part of the reason the goal is so darn boring, it's certainly not going to change seeing Ash utilizing Charizard or Hawlucha to do the exact same job

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Tbh it happend soooo many times Ash got too cocky or lost. What makes it different here?
It’ll take more than two episodes. Or three/four, like was when he lost to Sawyer and Wulfric.

Honestly, Ash was so humbled about defeat over the years that’s almost a joke he still need be remembered to not be conceited. Despite the fact he is consistently portrayed as very okay about lose a battle many times, so, it doesn’t sound interesting he loses here for being arrogant.

But it was small and unreliable, which was code for good!

I’m eager to this joke finally get old.

Last edited:

Rohanator

People seem to think Ash using reserves is magically going to improve the PWC
Ash curbstomping everyone he meets with Pikachu is part of the reason the goal is so darn boring, it's certainly not going to change seeing Ash utilizing Charizard or Hawlucha to do the exact same job
The goal isn't even that different from a gym quest, just think of the big battle episodes like Viquez, Corni and Saitou as gym battles and the other ones as the random trainers he would sometimes beat in older series (like that one time Torkoal cooked a Scizor, or when Greninja stomped a... Scizor. Huh.). The only real difference is that we now get those random people more frequently which doesn't really matter as long as they do battles that actually matter frequently enough.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Last minute wild theory, the reason Saitou has so many random fighting types there is that Farfetch'd will beat a bunch of them in a row and evolve before she decides to get serious, making the drama of the reality check hit that much harder.

Probably not gonna happen lol but anyhow glad to see such a fitting matchup, two personality driven fighting birds, I've joked about Farfetch'd being the new Hawlucha before and looks like it may literally take that spot by beating it.
We did see it training with riolu so it's probably not happening though it would be nice if he evolves in this episode.

D

Deleted member 384931

What will Ash gain from this battle despite losing? And being down all the sudden?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The goal isn't even that different from a gym quest, just think of the big battle episodes like Viquez, Corni and Saitou as gym battles and the other ones as the random trainers he would sometimes beat in older series (like that one time Torkoal cooked a Scizor, or when Greninja stomped a... Scizor. Huh.). The only real difference is that we now get those random people more frequently which doesn't really matter as long as they do battles that actually matter frequently enough.
Random thought, but I hoped Ash had a scizor if only to let the poor guy stop to be a jobber. Yeah, Go is surely having it, but that doesn’t looks much a relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.