• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: PM2019 034 - Saito, the Lone Warrior! The Otosupus Menace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Meh, as long as they appear it is fine with me, Kanto or non Kanto. They could have said that the dojo was in Galar and nothing would have changed. Also finally we got to see the Fighting Dojo, something we missed in OS. Also I think it is cool to see Kanto with modern day graphics.

The only thing from Kanto I want to see again besides Misty and Brock is Sabrina.

Pteranodonte

The only thing from Kanto I want to see again besides Misty and Brock is Sabrina.
As much as I'd also like to see Sabrina again I doubt she is ever gonna show up, given how dark her character in the anime was. You know, things are different nowdays, and let's be onest: the writers of this anime lack the balls to introduce again a character like her... They could always let her appear without references to her backstory though.

Decidueye23

As much as I'd also like to see Sabrina again I doubt she is ever gonna show up, given how dark her character in the anime was. You know, things are different nowdays, and let's be onest: the writers of this anime lack the balls to introduce again a character like her... They could always let her appear without references to her backstory though.
One of the reasons i think sabrina wont appear is that they ll have to reference the haunter ash gave her, and he already has a gengar.

Although now that i think about it would be cool to see asha gengar vs her haunter in a pwc.

Red and Blue

That's just the art style.

Just as how Riolu has way lighter blue colors while Lucario has way darker colors (and both have different eye shapes and head appendages).
Doubt Ash's Gengar being a different color had anything to do with artstyle. They showed a Gengar in episode two and that had the normal dark purple color

dman_dustin

Unless someone in the lab has said anything about Gengar's color looking too different, it looks like it is the art style at work.

They didn't point out Meltan obviously being of a different color, so I'm not sure why they would point out Gengar looking differently. The only way we'd know is if we see another Gengar and even then I doubt they'd bring it up.

Edit: Especially given how unique, you can't argue Ash's Gengar looks the colors it does simply due to art style change, when Gengar has looked the same since generation 1 to 8th generation with 2nd episode.

Since when has a Pokemon changed colors from its previous generation incarnates.

Even something like Toxicroak doesn't work because that's just its normal coloring......for some stupid reason, but this is the first time a Pokemon's colors drastically changed within its own generation. Even Greedy Rapooh was the same normal Gengar color scheme its always been.

Her character WAS dark, it got resolved by the end of the episode (plot), if anything Sabrina would thank Ash for bringing her out of it and it would be a nice touching moment. They may stay away from the Voodoo doll stuff or whatever you want to call what happened, but I fully expect at the very least for Sabrina to be grateful for Ash for helping her connect to the world.

Mew29240

They didn't point out Meltan obviously being of a different color, so I'm not sure why they would point out Gengar looking differently. The only way we'd know is if we see another Gengar and even then I doubt they'd bring it up.

Meltan's situation was different since had to replace its lost nut. Ash's Gengar is naturally a different shade, so it could be brought up if they meet another one.

dman_dustin

Meltan's situation was different since had to replace its lost nut. Ash's Gengar is naturally a different shade, so it could be brought up if they meet another one.

Well the point was they really wanted Ash's Meltan to stand out compared to numerous amount of Meltan. It makes sense then the same would be applied to Ash's Gengar, since Gengar has been shown with pink eyes and dark purple throughout almost all the appearances (1st generation being probably a small exception due to lack of coloring as well as 2nd generation but they still had pink eyes). They wanted Ash's Gengar to have really red eyes and brighter purple so it can stand out. Therefore if they ever wanted Gengar vs Gengar, it'll definitely be easy to see the difference.

Which is something that I've always wanted. Which is why in a lot of instances I've always wanted Ash or his opponent to have a shiny version. I mean it worked with Incineroar because they didn't battle each other.

But it's always been rough to have Pokemon vs Pokemon and have them be the same exact coloring. Which is why Winona's Swellow was shiny.

So it makes sense they wanted Ash's Gengar to stand out because maybe he battles Allister/Agatha/Sabrina later on and wanted them to stand out.

Why Ash's Dragonite or Ash's Lucario doesn't stand out differently? I don't know maybe there's a realistic limit to how special they can make Ash's Pokemon stand out design wise. Like one Pokemon per generation.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ah yes, the typical needing to make Ash's mons be told apart from others. His Totodile dancing, Bulbasaur refusing to evolve, Gliscor being a crybaby, Torterra being a total loser, Snivy getting outright shafted, that "can't use Megas so we use something to make him special" Ash-Greninja, Dusk Lycanroc, Meltan originally having a different shade in color on its nut thanks to it being used in a food truck, his alternate colored Gengar, and now to wonder how they'll differentiate his eventual Lucario whenever it arrives sometime after this ep and also maybe some future Ash Galar mon that'll also get the "need to make him special or different from others" treatment.

dman_dustin

Maybe Ash's Lucario will grow a beard somehow and Dragonite will get a smiley tattoo on his belly.

Lucario getting a beard would be amazing, it wouldn't happen but I would enjoy it.

Ah yes, the typical needing to make Ash's mons be told apart from others. His Totodile dancing, Bulbasaur refusing to evolve, Gliscor being a crybaby, Torterra being a total loser, Snivy getting outright shafted, that "can't use Megas so we use something to make him special" Ash-Greninja, Dusk Lycanroc, Meltan originally having a different shade in color on its nut thanks to it being used in a food truck, his alternate colored Gengar, and now to wonder how they'll differentiate his eventual Lucario whenever it arrives sometime after this ep and also maybe some future Ash Galar mon that'll also get the "need to make him special or different from others" treatment.

I'm sorry you really prefer to see the same boring Pokemon over and over again?

You like seeing the same exact thing battling the same exact thing WITHOUT being able to tell the difference?

Because I sure as hell don't.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Lucario getting a beard would be amazing, it wouldn't happen but I would enjoy it.

I'm sorry you really prefer to see the same boring Pokemon over and over again?

You like seeing the same exact thing battling the same exact thing WITHOUT being able to tell the difference?

Because I sure as hell don't.
I was being sarcastic here buddy. Very sarcastic.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Most of those aren't about unique appearances, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.