• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: PM2019 034 - Saito, the Lone Warrior! The Otosupus Menace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
OK, for those who saw the preview of this episode, did you saw the army of Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee? Now I have more wishes for Ash getting one of them like in the games, mainly Hitmonlee.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
People seem to think Ash using reserves is magically going to improve the PWC
Ash curbstomping everyone he meets with Pikachu is part of the reason the goal is so darn boring, it's certainly not going to change seeing Ash utilizing Charizard or Hawlucha to do the exact same job
And that's why the only PWC battles that matter are against characters from the games or involved in Ash going up or down the ranks

Everything between the ranks is irrelevant, hence why he one-shots everything with Pikachu, Riolu, or Farfetch'd

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Now that I think about it, Riolu being defeated with a grappling or otherwise movement restricting attack like Octolock or Bind makes perfect sense.

If Ash and Riolu really have gotten cocky cause of their win streak, then what better way to make them realize that arrogance than by making them experience helplessness?

Riolu will feel helpless because he’s being crushed by his opponent, literally in this case, unable to move, fight back, or escape. Completely helpless in the face of superior strength.

He’ll look back on that moment and realize that if he really was as strong and unbeatable as he thought he was, then he would’ve been able to break free on his own.

It’d have been one thing if he lost simply because he got outplayed, but losing because he was greatly overpowered in a wrestling match will definitively make him feel weak by comparison.

Meanwhile, Ash will be forced to watch helplessly as Riolu gets continuously hurt. If Grapploct keeps crushing Riolu for long enough, Ash just might straight up forfeit cause he can’t stand watching Riolu suffer anymore.

He’ll realize that he was so overconfident from his winning streak that he ended up against an opponent he was completely unprepared for, and Riolu was greatly injured as a consequence. Part of his post loss depression could be from guilt at that.
Even better, him losing to a move like that could make him feel like back when he was a rookie, considering his first ever major loss was just like that

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
And that's why the only PWC battles that matter are against characters from the games or involved in Ash going up or down the ranks

Everything between the ranks is irrelevant, hence why he one-shots everything with Pikachu, Riolu, or Farfetch'd

Ash almost lost against that guy with Tauros.

STICKTOPIA

My prediction (and hope) is that Farfetch'd beats Hawlucha and then Grapploct beats both Farfetch'd and Riolu. Farfetch'd needs some screen time and a win, and Riolu could use a hit to its ego.
Farfetch’d does need some action desperately so I hope it wins.

Now that I think about it, Riolu being defeated with a grappling or otherwise movement restricting attack like Octolock or Bind makes perfect sense.

If Ash and Riolu really have gotten cocky cause of their win streak, then what better way to make them realize that arrogance than by making them experience helplessness?

Riolu will feel helpless because he’s being crushed by his opponent, literally in this case, unable to move, fight back, or escape. Completely helpless in the face of superior strength.

He’ll look back on that moment and realize that if he really was as strong and unbeatable as he thought he was, then he would’ve been able to break free on his own.

It’d have been one thing if he lost simply because he got outplayed, but losing because he was greatly overpowered in a wrestling match will definitively make him feel weak by comparison.

Meanwhile, Ash will be forced to watch helplessly as Riolu gets continuously hurt. If Grapploct keeps crushing Riolu for long enough, Ash just might straight up forfeit cause he can’t stand watching Riolu suffer anymore.

He’ll realize that he was so overconfident from his winning streak that he ended up against an opponent he was completely unprepared for, and Riolu was greatly injured as a consequence. Part of his post loss depression could be from guilt at that.
the way you said this makes very good sense. Ash always needs somebody like this to help him grow more. He tends to get carried away so this would help him reflect. It also doesn’t look good if kept just winning and winning every battle. For once I wouldn’t be upset at him losing a battle. I do hope that it’s a good battle at least.

dman_dustin

And you know that...how?

In fact, considering we learn that Ash most likely loses here, Bea certainly does deserve it.

It's Ash's Hawlucha's theme music the music is literally translated as "Flying Ash" or rather "Flying Satoshi"

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't just be associated with Hawlucha in general. Except they probably would because they are boring like that.

Edit: It would be like saying other Pikachu deserve to use 10,000,000 volt thunderbolt

Rohanator

It's Ash's Hawlucha's theme music the music is literally translated as "Flying Ash" or rather "Flying Satoshi"

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't just be associated with Hawlucha in general. Except they probably would because they are boring like that.
That's not the actual name of the soundtrack it's just describing the scene from the movie where that track was used. It was made for the main anime first then used in Hawlucha's scene in the movie, and that scene was Satoshi flying with Hawlucha so they called it Flying Satoshi.

But yeah I doubt they'd use it for Saitou's Lucha since in this case it's just one enemy Mon among many rather than an actual character with its own theme etc, if Miyazaki was still the composer I could see it but if they're reserving Miyazaki tracks for special occasions I wouldn't expect one here.

dman_dustin

That's not the actual name of the soundtrack it's just describing the scene from the movie where that track was used. It was made for the main anime first then used in Hawlucha's scene in the movie, and that scene was Satoshi flying with Hawlucha so they called it Flying Satoshi.

But yeah I doubt they'd use it for Saitou's Lucha since in this case it's just one enemy Mon among many rather than an actual character with its own theme etc, if Miyazaki was still the composer I could see it but if they're reserving Miyazaki tracks for special occasions I wouldn't expect one here.

My lack of knowledge of these things is saying I don't see the difference if only because it has to be weird to describe the scene a specific music piece was used rather than the actual label/name/tile of the music itself. I mean context would matter here, like you'd describe the scene to someone to link up the music you would be referring to "remember the music at this point?" But how else would you refer to the music in a standalone unrelated fashion, if not by its "name/title?" I mean Ash isn't flying everytime the music shows up?

But as I said my severe lack of knowledge is a problem here.

Maxim

Beyond repair
The only new thing that voice cast tells us is that there are 4 disciplines which is pretty irrelevant..

To me, the Karate Master having four disciples is an interesting information (but yeah, most people probably don't care).

Why? Because it implies a high fidelity toward the games, where there were four Trainers (aside from the Master) in the Dojo, the Blackbelts named Hideki, Hitoshi, Mike and Aaron.

While I think the anime will avoid to call the Master and his disciples by name (otherwise, the names would be listed in the cast list), but I'm pretty sure that those characters reflect Koichi and his four in-game disciples. This anime likes such obscure game references for hardcore fans (like that Speary-for-Dux trade in the last episode).

Rohanator

My lack of knowledge of these things is saying I don't see the difference if only because it has to be weird to describe the scene a specific music piece was used rather than the actual label/name/tile of the music itself. I mean context would matter here, like you'd describe the scene to someone to link up the music you would be referring to "remember the music at this point?" But how else would you refer to the music in a standalone unrelated fashion, if not by its "name/title?" I mean Ash isn't flying everytime the music shows up?

But as I said my severe lack of knowledge is a problem here.
Given the context of its usage in the main series alone I'd say the only real title that'd make sense would simply be Hawlucha's theme (or something Hawlucha related, like "Flying Press" etc). But the main XY series has no official OST release so the only name we have for it is from the movie.

For example, in movie 7 they played the Kanto wild battle theme during Pikachu and Torkoal VS Blaziken and Blastoise, but on the official CD that track is called "Let's Tag Battle!" despite the music itself being originally created for and usually recognized as the Kanto wild battle. In the movie 10 CD the Sinnoh Gym Leader battle theme is called "Darkrai VS Lickilicky".

I think Riolu will be the one to beat Hawlucha. It looks like one of those previews where the Pokemon dealing the most damage doesn't get the win. It is also possible that Ash will lose 2-0 since Bea can switch Pokemon.

HeartThrob6000

Certified Lover
Just finished seeing the preview, and goodness gracious! That Grapploct looks absolutely terrifying!
One can't help but feel sorry for Riolu.

I think Riolu will be the one to beat Hawlucha. It looks like one of those previews where the Pokemon dealing the most damage doesn't get the win. It is also possible that Ash will lose 2-0 since Bea can switch Pokemon.

Or it could very well be misleading like the preview for Visquez's battle was.

Status
Not open for further replies.