• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: SM87 - Crisis in Alola! The Darkness that Eats Radiance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
https://i.imgur.com/JGNtcBU.jpg

Necrozma Appears in the Alola Region!!

Necrozma, the creature completely shrouded in mystery, appears! It appears to possess terrifying power of the sort you expect from a legendary Pokémon!

The Alola region faces an unprecedented crisis!!
Blurb: It arrives by wrenchinh open an Ultra Hole!

It enwraps everything in darkness!!

Necrozma:

A ferocious creature that uses light as its energy source!

Big news: Believe it or not, Lunala is appearing in the anime!!
Suddenly, Lunala appears before Satoshi and the others! What is its connection to Necrozma?!

Necrozma will be fought using Lunala's power?!
Blurb: Will Lunala, which is known as the messenger of the moon, be able to win?!

Necrozma and Lunala will appear in the episode airing Thursday August 23rd! It's a must-see!!

-----

As a mysterious cloudy weather is covering Alola, all the parents start feeling feeling down, so Satoshi and the others decide to investigate.

-----

One morning, as a mysterious cloudy weather covers Alola, Satoshi notices that Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet are feeling down. Once he gets to the Pokémon School, he talks with his classmates, and it appears their mothers and fathers are feeling down as well. The Ultra Guardians dispatch in order to investigate this mystery. But then a new member appears.

-----

One day Alola is covered in a mysterious cloudy weather, Satoshi noticed that his housemates Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet were feeling down. When he goes to the Pokémon School, he learns that his classmates' parents are acting the same way. They decide to investigate this mystery, but...

-----

One morning, Satoshi notices that Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet are feeling down. Once he gets to the Pokémon School, he talks with his classmates, and it appears their mothers and fathers are feeling down as well. The Ultra Guardians dispatch in order to investigate this mystery. But then a new member appears.

-----

Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet aren't their usual energetic selves. A mysterious cloudy weather covers Alola as Satoshi gets to school, and when he talks to his friends, he learns that everyone's fathers and mothers are feeling down as well. On Lusamine's orders, the Ultra Guardians dispatch to investigate the mystery, but...?!

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 渡辺正彦 (Masahiko Watanabe)
Animation Director 直井由紀 (Yuki Naoi)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ah, so the Necrozma arc finally commences in the anime! :) Quite excited to know that and on top of all it's really nice that Lunala is getting a prominent role in the anime too :D

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I guess we'll get to see Dawn Wings Necrozma because of Necrozma using Lunala's power in a fight. It will be interesting to see how Moongeist Beam will be animated.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally Necrozma appears! And a battle like the climax of USUM?! I'm glad Dawn Wings Necrozma appears here (based on the summary).

Interesting that they're not having Nebby return under Necrozma's control as that was a common prediction and a reasonable deduction.Maybe Ash tries using Lunalium Z but realizes it's not enough. That also brings up the question: will the Tapus appear?

D

Deleted member 384931

Finally Necrozma appears! And a battle like the climax of USUM?! I'm glad Dawn Wings Necrozma appears here (based on the summary).

Interesting that they're not having Nebby return under Necrozma's control as that was a commom prediction. Maybe Ash tries using Lunalium Z but realizes it's not enough. That also brings up the question: will the Tapus appear?
Yeah it seem so random because not all the UBs are seen yet. And that seem cool.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Interesting that they're not having Nebby return under Necrozma's control as that was a common prediction and a reasonable deduction. Maybe Ash tries using Lunalium Z but realizes it's not enough. That also brings up the question: will the Tapus appear?
Not necessarily though. Remember than the last SM poster had both Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma in it. I'm still confident that Nebby will return in this arc at some point.

D

Deleted member 384931

Not necessarily though. Remember than the last SM poster had both Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma in it. I'm still confident that Nebby will return in this arc at some point.
Are there two Necrozma's?

D

Deleted member 384931

This isn't a standard summary, it's a promo article, I believe from TV-kun. It didn't even list the episode's title.

It could be SM86 too, for all we know the week after SM85 could be a break. Just gotta wait for more info.
Oh yeah. Indeed

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

I'm not denying that. I'm saying it was assumed that Nebby would be in Lunala's place so the tension and first impression towards Necrozma felt more personal.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Are there two Necrozma's?
Could be the case, or maybe Nebby and Lunala both will individually fuse with Necrozma, at different times.
I'm not denying that. I'm saying it was assumed that Nebby would be in Lunala's place so the tension and first impression towards Necrozma felt more personal.
I'm guessing that the writers decided to showcase Lunala in the anime more prominently.

D

Deleted member 384931

It is still interesting. How will Poipole react? And Ash?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well we only saw Lunala in fantasies and flashbacks so it would definitely make sense to give it a major appearance in this episode. I don't think its exclusive Z-Move will debut here anyway but still it will be nice to show the Lunalium Z.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well we only saw Lunala in fantasies and flashbacks so it would definitely make sense to give it a major appearance in this episode. I don't think its exclusive Z-Move will debut here anyway but still it will be nice to show the Lunalium Z.
I am wondering if it will be on Poni or MeleMele

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I am wondering if it will be on Poni or MeleMele
Maybe it could also be set in Ula'ula because the Altar of the Sunne (near Vast Poni Canyon) appeared so there must be a Lake of the Moone (near Ula'ula Meadow) in the Alola Ash and his classmates are in right now. There they go to the Lake of the Moone and meet Lunala there.

D

Deleted member 384931

Maybe it could also be set in Ula'ula because the Altar of the Sunne (near Vast Poni Canyon) appeared so there must be a Lake of the Moone (near Ula'ula Meadow) in the Alola Ash and his classmates are in right now. There they go to the Lake of the Moone and meet Lunala there.
Yeah who knows. Would be logical

Status
Not open for further replies.