• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 23rd: SM87 - Crisis in Alola! The Darkness that Eats Radiance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I still don't understand why they started that, it just seemed forced to me as Jessie never seemed to have an issue during previous interactions with her. It's all the more strange when Jessie and Meowth both have rivals at the main HQ but James doesn't
Is it not obvious? James' rival is clearly Giovanni himself. They're both rich kids that are part of Team Rocket. While Giovanni was raised to be its leader and clearly enjoys being rich, James joined after running away from the rich lifestyle.

Henry's Journey

Gladion is the black ranger!

Wow that Noivern is big.

Tapu Koko defending Lunala from Necrozma :eek:

Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma formes appearing, yay!

This arc looks really exciting, can't wait!! :D

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So, Gladion is the seventh Power Ranger Ultra Guardian to the surprise of...absolutely no one. :p Really, it's about time he was brought in for the action. And Noivern is an appropriate Ride Pokémon for him—mostly black, just like the Edgelord's preferred color of attire. I just want to know what reason the writers are going to give us for not having Gladion join the Ultra Guardians from the start. Did he want to spend some time training instead? Did he decide to tackle the Island Trials? Regardless of the reason, it's good to see the Edgelord again.

Now I'm just going to hope the writers/animators decide to put his array of edgy intense game poses into use. Some of those poses are perfect for a Power Rangers parody!

I'm a little surprised to see Matori actually joining the front lines, official Team Rocket uniform and all. Perhaps Giovanni is sending to act as the leader of this Team Rocket group in his stead? All I know is that Jessie is going to be pissed when she sees her leading the group. :p

ShadowForce720

So, Gladion is the seventh Power Ranger Ultra Guardian to the surprise of...absolutely no one. :p Really, it's about time he was brought in for the action. And Noivern is an appropriate Ride Pokémon for him—mostly black, just like the Edgelord's preferred color of attire. I just want to know what reason the writers are going to give us for not having Gladion join the Ultra Guardians from the start. Did he want to spend some time training instead? Did he decide to tackle the Island Trials? Regardless of the reason, it's good to see the Edgelord again.

Now I'm just going to hope the writers/animators decide to put his array of edgy intense game poses into use. Some of those poses are perfect for a Power Rangers parody!

I'm a little surprised to see Matori actually joining the front lines, official Team Rocket uniform and all. Perhaps Giovanni is sending to act as the leader of this Team Rocket group in his stead? All I know is that Jessie is going to be pissed when she sees her leading the group. :p

Just pointing this out but in episode 55 Gladion specifically told Ash that he was going to do the island challenge. Also no offence but why do people some people keep asking if Gladion is doing the island challenge or not as if it's something that it is open to debate when it was basically confirmed in episode 55 that Gladion was going to do the Island Challenge, I mean geez it's like some people weren't paying attention to the episode.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Well, for all you know, Kiawe might be doing that very thing off screen.

ShadowForce720

Well, for all you know, Kiawe might be doing that very thing off screen.

Heck they could even have him go challenge one while Ash is doing the Poni Island Trials and Grand Trial, and since they evolved Hala's Crabrawler into a Crabominable they could easily have us see the match between Hala and Kiawe, maybe we could also see the battle between Nanu and Kiawe if they want to make it a point of Kiawe getting mad at Nanu for giving Team Rocket Trio a Z-Power Ring. Now in regards to Kiawe vs Hapu that might be better to have that be off-screen since where going to see Ash do it and will be pretty recent but then again they could do it on-screen although I'm not sure how many people want to see that.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Just pointing this out but in episode 55 Gladion specifically told Ash that he was going to do the island challenge. Also no offence but why do people some people keep asking if Gladion is doing the island challenge or not as if it's something that it is open to debate when it was basically confirmed in episode 55 that Gladion was going to do the Island Challenge, I mean geez it's like some people weren't paying attention to the episode.
I know Gladion specifically told Ash he was going to do the Island Challenge. And I am not one of those people who keeps asking if Gladion is doing the Island Challenge as if it's open to debate. I was wondering if that's why he didn't join the Ultra Guardians sooner—if he put it off because he wanted to focus on the Trials and Grand Trials. Or if there is some other reason he hasn't joined the Ultra Guardians until now.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
second preview up, not much new, just reactions

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Kukui wearing a shirt underneath his lab coat is definitely something new. Other than that, there isn't much that is new.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Kukui wearing a shirt underneath his lab coat is definitely something new. Other than that, there isn't much that is new.
Obviously this is what clues the twerps into something weird going on. Nothing else, just Kukui wearing a shirt

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Obviously this is what clues the twerps into something weird going on. Nothing else, just Kukui wearing a shirt
Of course. By the looks of it, it seems Ash will be the first one to notice because he lives with Kukui and Burnet and he will likely be the one that will be seen at first. And then the same thing could be said for the others but not in a specific order.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

That's kinda why I'm not really expecting Giovanni himself to get involved this time
Hopefully they can at least make Gozu interesting, he just looks so boring. Pierce at least had this mysterious air about his character, but this guy just looks like a stereotype villain much like Bourgain is.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Professor Kukui is wearing a shirt! :eek: That does it—the world is doomed! Everybody, batten the hatches and prepare for the apocalypse!

That's kinda why I'm not really expecting Giovanni himself to get involved this time
Hopefully they can at least make Gozu interesting, he just looks so boring. Pierce at least had this mysterious air about his character, but this guy just looks like a stereotype villain much like Bourgain is.
We can keep our fingers crossed that appearances are deceiving in this case, and Gozu (if the dude with the eye patch is indeed Gozu) is more interesting a character than his appearance suggests. To be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I have greater hopes for Matori playing a more significant role than Gozu being an interesting character.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Professor Kukui is actually wearing a shirt underneath his lab coat? What is this? We are all doomed people, that’s what it is. The world is coming to an end, folks.

Yes, I saw the new preview and there was really not much to it. It was mostly just everyone’s reaction to the adults feeling down. Also, Necrozma follows Lunala out of the Ultra Wormhole is anyone surorised about that? I mean, we all knew it going to. Wonder if its going to fuse with Lunala this episode or not.

Now I’m even more excited than I was for this episode, I can’t wait to watch it.

Remix2

So gozu is what happen when a character designer was ask to create the most generic evil henchman he can think of and that what we got.

Maybe he be interesting but I have my doubt right now.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I do wonder why giovanni isn't here yet

Status
Not open for further replies.