• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 25th: SM136 - Rising Fire! More Than One Rival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The match between Kaki and Gladio finally concludes! The next match is between Satoshi and Guzma, the man who wants to destroy the Pokémon League!

---

The first match of the Alola Pokémon League semifinals, Kaki VS Gladio, finally concludes! The second semifinals match, which is between Satoshi and Guzma, the man who wants to destroy the Pokémon League, is now about to begin. Satoshi goes up against Guzma, who's said to be undefeated.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Episode Director 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Animation Director 香月麻衣子 (Maiko Katsuki)

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Well if anyone had any doubts that Ash and Guzma were going to win their respective matches, you can be rest assured this confirms that they won their matches in the top 8.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
So not only is this the longest league, it will also be chronologically the latest while also the deepest into a series the league has gone since DP.

The Kalos League ended on 18 August 2016 with XY131, but that was actually episode 138 of XY when the specials are taken into account.

Kiawe v. Gladion is SM135 on that same 18 August, and if we assume a two part episode for Ash v. Guzma regardless of outcome, the semis end with SM138 on 8 September 2019.

I can't even remember the last time there was a Pokemon League in September. Maybe dub Indigo back in 1999.

If the finals are a 5x5 or 6x6, we're looking at at least two episodes to end on SM140, or SM141 for a three parter like against Paul. Then the Masked Royal exhibition on the last day of the league, which is either 29 September 2019 or 3 October 2019!

Keep winning Ash, keep giving us more episodes!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m assuming the “The Rival is Not Alone” part will have some tie in with Kiawe & Gladion’s shared deep passion for fighting for the families (or at least being inspired to become Trainers because of it).

Sham

The Guardian of War
So this basically confirms that Ash and Gladion will be fighting in the finals? Although Gladion knocking Guzma down would be interesting since unlike their game roles they’ve had no interactions so far.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Yeah.. so this confirms Lana loses, if anyone had any doubt for that!! And the finals should be between Ash and Gladion!

Litleonid

Yeah, it looks like we are gonna get Ash vs. Gladion for the finals. There's just too much at stake here for Ash to lose when Ya Boy Guzma wants to just destroy the league.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Yeah, it looks like we are gonna get Ash vs. Gladion for the finals. There's just too much at stake here for Ash to lose when Ya Boy Guzma wants to just destroy the league.
I kinda hoping that ......guzam did win .......

Vipsoccermaster

I can't even remember the last time there was a Pokemon League in September. Maybe dub Indigo back in 1999.
Indigo League in the United States started late October 1999 and ended late November 1999.

It's a shame that Lana lost to Guzma, but it was expected. It seems that Ash will win to take on Gladion in the finals, so at least Ash will avenge Lana for taking down Guzma.

Back in the days of the Indigo League and Silver Conference, it was full of surprises of what the match-ups were, but now it is no longer any surprise. The modern days of Pokémon leagues are predictable now that we have these forums and the like.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Indigo League in the United States started late October 1999 and ended late November 1999.

It's a shame that Lana lost to Guzma, but it was expected. It seems that Ash will win to take on Gladion in the finals, so at least Ash will avenge Lana for taking down Guzma.

Back in the days of the Indigo League and Silver Conference, it was full of surprises of what the match-ups were, but now it is no longer any surprise. The modern days of Pokémon leagues are predictable now that we have these forums and the like.
There was a forum back there......granted there is small Pokemon ones as it is not as big as serebii though

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Great, sounds like since Gladion saves Hoshi we maybe get some monologue about them caring for their families and working hard to protect them. They both especially love their sisters so that might be the narrative they role with. Gladion used Lugarugan and Blacky so Zoroark or Silvally versus Bakugames? Unless Lizardon gets used and get to showcase Supersonic Sky Strike once more.

Wanting her to lose is the popular opinion.
Speak for yourself, people expected Suiren to tonlose to Guzma because he’s the antagonist of the league it’s Satoshi’s role to defeat him. Don’t know where this Suiren is a “Mary Sue” sentiment is coming from given she worked hard for her evolutions and actually trained much throughout the series, struggled a fair share and her only “perfect” moments were literal gags that were played for laughs that y’all take seriously for some reason....?

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Great, sounds like since Gladion saves Hoshi we maybe get some monologue about them caring for their families and working hard to protect them. They both especially love their sisters so that might be the narrative they role with. Gladion used Lugarugan and Blacky so Zoroark or Silvally versus Bakugames? Unless Lizardon gets used and get to showcase Supersonic Sky Strike once more.

Speak for yourself, people expected Suiren to tonlose to Guzma because he’s the antagonist of the league it’s Satoshi’s role to defeat him. Don’t know where this Suiren is a “Mary Sue” sentiment is coming from given she worked hard for her evolutions and actually trained much throughout the series, struggled a fair share and her only “perfect” moments were literal gags that were played for laughs that y’all take seriously for some reason....?

I'm not sure what do you mean. But I wanted Suiren to win. I just stated that most people don't.

nuzamaki90

I always liked Kiawe’s character when he wasn’t spazzing out about his sister. He always seemed like a genuinely passionate trainer that could give Ash a run for his money if he went all out. So even though I’m sad he and Ash didn’t get to have a full battle ala Ash VS Clemont in the League, I hope he really shows out against Gladion and let all that Wela Volcano propaganda show some nice results.

I’m rooting for you, delivery dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.