• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 25th: SM136 - Rising Fire! More Than One Rival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

I still find it a strange episode title. I get that there are 3 rivals, but it leaves me suspicious. I think they will do something unexpected knowing SM

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
We just got a pretty detailed preview (I think it was from Oha Suta, though I can't link it because I don't know the legal source), it seems like:
Yep, Gladion is using the Fire memory to tank IO, being able to do that is kinda OP
Guzma is VERY angry when sending out Golisopod (probably after Scizor goes down), Plumeria is concerned, and Ash seems to notice something about Golisopod

We just got a pretty detailed preview (I think it was from Oha Suta, though I can't link it because I don't know the legal source), it seems like:
Yep, Gladion is using the Fire memory to tank IO, being able to do that is kinda OP
Guzma is VERY angry when sending out Golisopod (probably after Scizor goes down), Plumeria is concerned, and Ash seems to notice something about Golisopod
Changing types mid-battle makes this 'league' even more ridiculous.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.

That could be before Scizor is called out. If not, than Ash will have to deal with one Pokemon for the rest of the episode and then in SM137. Plus, with Kiawe and Gladion's battle, I don't think Scizor will be defeated that quickly. Also, maybe Ash is just telling Guzma that he shouldn't treat his Pokemon poorly.

Changing types mid-battle makes this 'league' even more ridiculous.
You can change types during a League and this League isn't objectively ridiculous.

Last edited:

playerking

It's alright for you to think that changing types mid-battle (not sure why you said "during a league ", but whatever) is a good thing.

And I never said "objectively". Stop putting words in my mouth.
How is that not a good thing? Silvally can do that. It's not against the rules, so why else would it not be an okay thing to do?

And I never said you did. I never put words in your mouth.

How is that not a good thing? Silvally can do that. It's not against the rules, so why else would it not be an okay thing to do?

And I never said you did. I never put words in your mouth.
You started with "objectively ".

Silvally changing types mid-battle makes it severely OP. It can't do it in the games.

But you'll probably say anything to defend the poor writing. So there's no point discussing with you.

playerking

You started with "objectively ".

Silvally changing types mid-battle makes it severely OP. It can't do it in the games.

But you'll probably say anything to defend the poor writing. So there's no point discussing with you.
I didn't start with that and I said it just in case you thought so. I never actually specifically said that you said that.

There's a lot of things the anime can do that the games can't, like using two moves before the other Pokemon attacks. You should know the anime doesn't follow the games rules all the time.

It's not poor writing when the anime isn't the same as the games, unless you're new to this franchise.

I didn't start with that and I said it just in case you thought so. I never actually specifically said that you said that.

There's a lot of things the anime can do that the games can't, like using two moves before the other Pokemon attacks. You should know the anime doesn't follow the games rules all the time.

It's not poor writing when the anime isn't the same as the games, unless you're new to this franchise.
You were literally the first one that said "objectively". You do know that's what 'starting' is don't you? I never implied that this was objectively a ridiculous league. This is a forum, people give opinions here.

Changing types mid-battle is poor writing. Of which the anime is full off by the way. You probably knew that, unless you're new to this franchise.

But again, you're allowed to defend the writers all you want.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Changing types at will is just ridiculous, however. It's like a super powered Protean Greninja without the limits on four moves every time you attack.

Does Gladion change the types only before every battle starts, or does he do it at ANY time he wants before or during a battle? If none of this are true but he still does it right after sending Silvally out, that's just too much freedom for the guy.

Then again, Clay and Skyla exist and they were never referred to the officials...because they don't exist. Pokemon officials just don't exist, but we're so lucky the useful(?) Officer Jenny factory continues mass producing clones.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

During the middle of a fight that's not exactly something most would consider acceptable, if he does it before any fighting starts, then it's fine, but I've seen people talking about how he could throw the Ground Drive to it to counter Pikachu's specialty Z-move, that would definitely be considered cheating, and an act of cowardice.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He shouldn't be allowed to change discs mid-battle at all, that's just unfair and completely ridiculous. Before and after battles, yes that's fine but during? No.

It's just a cheap way of making Gladion a more difficult opponent. A stupid cheap way at that

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Looks like after Paul, the edgy rival must have some sort of ridiculous advantage.

That advantage is negated if the rival happens to reach their happy end before the league, thus leading to an anti-climatic duel.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The rivals and dream crushers have always had an unfair advantage. It just became much more blatant in Kalos where Alain/Sawyer got Key Stones from Lysandre and Steven, while Ash got nothing.
Are you calling a super special awesome 1/100000000000000000000000000000000000 transformation nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.