• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 25th: SM136 - Rising Fire! More Than One Rival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Ash earned Battle Bond, and all it did was put him on the same level as the children who got hand outs.

Even Korrina was given a Key Stone and she had no problem Mega Evolving Lucario the first time. Lucario's control issues were because it could Mega Evolve before it even knew how to use aura.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Looks like after Paul, the edgy rival must have some sort of ridiculous advantage.

That advantage is negated if the rival happens to reach their happy end before the league, thus leading to an anti-climatic duel.

TBF, even paul got advantage after becoming ash's rival, just look at his team, most of his best pokemon was caught or evolved in DP series when he became ash's rival, its just that powerups were not a thing during DP otherwise he would have gotten that as well.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I'm not surprised Gladion can change type mid-battles. It honestly seems like Silvally is just one of those rare instances of the anime actually caring about type match-ups beyond the cutaways to Brock/Cilan/Clemont/Rotom-Dex getting to say the usual "It's an X-type attack, so it's a good/bad match-up for Ash's pokémon." Type match-ups rarely matter in the anime. See: Ash vs. Hapu, Ash & Dia vs. Guzzlord, "Aim for the horn!", the thunder armor moment, etc.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
You were literally the first one that said "objectively". You do know that's what 'starting' is don't you? I never implied that this was objectively a ridiculous league. This is a forum, people give opinions here.

Changing types mid-battle is poor writing. Of which the anime is full off by the way. You probably knew that, unless you're new to this franchise.

But again, you're allowed to defend the writers all you want.
You didn't say I was the first one to say "objectively", if that's what you mean, then you should have said that specifically. Of course I know people give opinions here. Don't be patronising, because as I said, I said "objectively" if you were speaking objectively because some people do think some characters and Pokemon are objectively bad, despite that being the case.

It might be poor writing to you, and if you know the anime does things like this, then why bring it up? And the anime isn't full of bad writing. It might be sometimes, but it's not "full" of it.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
You were literally the first one that said "objectively". You do know that's what 'starting' is don't you? I never implied that this was objectively a ridiculous league. This is a forum, people give opinions here.

Changing types mid-battle is poor writing. Of which the anime is full off by the way. You probably knew that, unless you're new to this franchise.

But again, you're allowed to defend the writers all you want.
You didn't say I was the first one to say "objectively", if that's what you mean, then you should have said that specifically. Of course I know people give opinions here. Please don't be patronising, because as I said, I said "objectively" if you were speaking objectively because some people do think some characters and Pokemon are objectively bad, despite that being the case.

It might be poor writing to you, and if you know the anime does things like this, then why bring it up? And the anime isn't full of bad writing. It might be sometimes, but it's not "full" of it.

During the middle of a fight that's not exactly something most would consider acceptable, if he does it before any fighting starts, then it's fine, but I've seen people talking about how he could throw the Ground Drive to it to counter Pikachu's specialty Z-move, that would definitely be considered cheating, and an act of cowardice.
Cowardice? Seriously? It's called being smart. Since the anime doesn't follow the turn-based style of the games, Gladion changing Silvally's type at anytime is perfectly acceptable just like the other changes the anime makes, if you're fine with the other ones. You might not like him doing that, I might not like him doing that, but it could be looked at as a smart move.

You didn't say I was the first one to say "objectively", if that's what you mean, then you should have said that specifically. Of course I know people give opinions here. Please don't be patronising, because as I said, I said "objectively" if you were speaking objectively because some people do think some characters and Pokemon are objectively bad, despite that being the case.

Cowardice? Seriously? It's called being smart. Since the anime doesn't follow the turn-based style of the games, Gladion changing Silvally's type at anytime is perfectly acceptable just like the other changes the anime makes, if you're fine with the other ones. You might not like him doing that, I might not like him doing that, but it could be looked at as a smart move.
Ok dude, I don't know what you're talking about. Starting is exactly the same as 'being the first one'. Don't act dumb, because I don't think you are.

As you can see a lot of people agree that this is bad writing. You choose to defend every decision the writers make and that's fine of course.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
https://i.imgur.com/JmVenAR.png

So, you're telling me Guzma goes from using Scizor to Golisopod, then Golisopod returns, he brings out Scizor and then once Scizor is defeated, he brings out Golisopod again? It kind of seems like a bit of too much changing.
I'm guessing Guzma gets frustrated with Scizor getting beat, switches to Golisopod, then Emergency Exit activates causing Scizor to come back in.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So Torracat really is doing everything, he might as well finish it then.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
https://i.imgur.com/JmVenAR.png

So, you're telling me Guzma goes from using Scizor to Golisopod, then Golisopod returns, he brings out Scizor and then once Scizor is defeated, he brings out Golisopod again? It kind of seems like a bit of too much changing.
Tbh, I like that, we haven't seen mid-battle switching (as in, when both pokemon are still fighting) since Ash vs Clemont

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Guys. Its possible that Guzma sends Scizor out first. Then after seeing that Ash sends out Torracat, IMMIDIATELY switches like any sane person would do.

Even Ash has done it. Ash switched out Buizel at the start of the Lake Acuity Full Battle upon seeing Paul's first choice.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:

The fact that there's a lot of swapping of Pokemon going on with Guzma confuses me regarding which Pokemon will be the last ones to battle on each side, but I wouldn't mind if Nyaheat gets to battle Guzma's last Pokemon since he really deserves the starring role.

D

Deleted member 384931

The fact that there's a lot of swapping of Pokemon going on with Guzma confuses me regarding which Pokemon will be the last ones to battle on each side, but I wouldn't mind if Nyaheat gets to battle Guzma's last Pokemon since he really deserves the starring role.
I Love how he blames Golisop because he doesn't "listen"

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Atlest let him do something poor guy was devoid of any of grand trials. performance her would atleast justify him somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.