• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 26th: PM2019 122 - The Semifinals I: Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

The more I watch the preview the more I doubt this battle isn’t gonna last the whole episode. We don’t see a single instance of Ash VS Cynthia in it at all.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So from the scoreboard, Ash has lost 3 Pokemon while Cynthia has lost 2. Doesn't seem that bad honestly. Lucario will for sure get at least two wins so there's still room for one of Dracovish or Sirfetch'd to still get a quality win here
Unless Lucario takes out 3 Pokemon, both can get a win. Pikachu tying Spiritomb and Ganger taking out Gastrodon leave 4 Pokemon left for Cynthia

DuskAstral

3. They're setting up an ending to Ash's time as protagonist or the show.
Which will never happen. Satoshi is too iconic a character to get rid of (add to the fact that he has still not fulfilled his dream).
After each series, there is speculation that he will go away and it never happened.

Red

Not the color
Again, my expectations were to see the matchups, not the results. I also try to avoid movie spoilers but watch trailers, but lo and behold, Marvel isn’t spoiling Iron Man dying or similar stuff in any video, no matter if it’s a TV ad or something that I have to purposely search for.

Weird take, people not minding spoilers obviously won’t mind it and discuss it instead. When Marvel did a mistake and showed the other Spider-Man returning in one of their ads, people discussed this, too - however, they were honest/professional enough to admit that this was a mistake.

Again, this discussion seems to be pointless as neither of us is going to change his views, so we might as well stop here before derailing even farther from the topic.
Please give me a break. Stop pretending to be offended or spoiled, we’ve known the results of these battles before the Masters 8 even began. No one cares and no one feels “cheated” except you. I’ve never seen such a weird complaint.. Touch some grass please, you’re acting very strange.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Please give me a break. Stop pretending to be offended or spoiled, we’ve known the results of these battles before the Masters 8 even began. No one cares and no one feels “cheated” except you. I’ve never seen such a weird complaint.. Touch some grass please, you’re acting very strange.
What the hell is wrong with you?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I don’t they’ll ever replace a Champion with a non Champion in all honestly that we don’t know. Lillie will be the new Champion

If they do retire her that would be the biggest lol in the history of the series.

Spyro39

Geez, are they really going to leave Cynthia's successor as Sinnoh Champion unknown if they go down the retirement route?

With the sudden childhood focus and now declaring she wants to retire, there's two possible things:
1. Either they're setting up Cynthia to actually beat Ash and Leon and bow out as a champion.
2. The more likely option, it's a cheap and stupid thing she says only to lose to Ash and go "you've re ignited my passion for battling and I'm not retiring" (in 2 episodes).
Other possibilities I could think of:
3. They're writing off her character for good and any possible future appearances.
4. She's retiring from professional battling. She could still accept battles from anyone requesting one from her.

Geez, are they really going to leave Cynthia's successor as Sinnoh Champion unknown if they go down the retirement route?

Other possibilities I could think of:
3. They're writing off her character for good and any possible future appearances.
4. She's retiring from professional battling. She could still accept battles from anyone requesting one from her.
Undella town...

Sham

The Guardian of War
Cynthia most likely meant to contrast Leon. One enjoys the attention of being the “unbeatable” trainer and takes pride in it and the other one is most likely getting bored with it (like Volkner).

So taking into account of the other battle… a few things.

She said “to test my potential, I won’t go easy on you and defeat you will all my might”. Once you’re at the top there’s nothing else but the bottom

Not to mention after she won she looked incredibly dissatisfied with winning. I get it was bittersweet given her relationship but it could have doubled as Cynthia being tired of winning. The only way she could of lost was fighting without using everything she had which wouldn’t be fair to both parties.

Last episode said Garchomp’s battles are modern day legends so Cynthia has been winning for awhile.

Contrast this with Leon who doesn’t seem to mind that much staying unbeatable even as recent as his last battle— it might actually be bothering Cynthia.

Who would replace her? Paul?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.