• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 26th: PM2019 122 - The Semifinals I: Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a take. I know I've been advocating for this fight to be longer but I don't think hating on him is necessary especially when this is not new because,

Fa1-EneXgAEWYWB

Fa1-EngXwAIF__y

Fa1-EnfWQAApeO6

has happened.
Bruh Alainzard swept a team with (potentially) Drizzle Pelipper (thunder punch OHKO) and Rhyperior

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's gonna be super hilarious if Ash vs Leon is shorter than Ash vs Cynthia and Ash ends up having an easier time beating Leon than Cynthia.
You know I can actually see Ash vs Leon being shorter, like 2.5 episodes rather than 3.25 Ash vs Cynthia is getting. That's more on there not being that many strats tbh than Ash having an easier time. It'll probably be faster paced compared to Ash vs Cynthia's more strategic battle

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Likely this episode ends with Ash and Cynthia walking into the stadium.
Probably yeah. Still wonder how this battle can have 3 episodes (first one: Dragonite, Gengar, Pikachu, 2nd one: Sirfetch’d, Dracovish, Lucario?)unless they spend all their time on Lucario vs Garchomp in the last episode.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If this retirement idea is going to stick, it had damn well better be in service to a central theme of The Next Generation for the Gen 9 anime/JN series continuation, otherwise there is literally no point to it.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Played for drama because otherwise Ash would apparently just be fighting a strong trainer.
Yeah. Apparently that isn't appealing enough.

If this retirement idea is going to stick, it had damn well better be in service to a central theme of The Next Generation for the Gen 9 anime/JN series continuation, otherwise there is literally no point to it.
My guess is if she is retiring for real,maybe the VA is tired of playing Cynthia or she won't be used anytime soon.

STICKTOPIA

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Obligatory pray for, err, at least well animated segments? I guess a moment of silence for Diantha before the episode.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Imagine Tobias challenging Ash after winning like AZ in XY
The true ending.

can whoever wins between Ash and Leon just enjoy the victory?

Why does someone have to come and take the winner's moment from under them?

Especially the one character with the worst existence since he is literally nothing but a plot device.

As for tomorrow, finally an actual episode after the breaks.

Cradily17

To the people complaining about Leon V Diantha being short, do remember that the champion battles were supposed to be slideshows originally but it was changed to have all of the champion battles shown, which obviously meant some other stuff had to be cut (like Ash's interactions with the champions, theres a finite amount of episodes they have left so you gotta choose), so instead of crying lol be happy that you actually got animated battles
istg pokemon fans are probably the hardest fandom on the planet to please
I mean, when you hype up the Masters Eight Tournament as being this huge, monumental event with the strongest trainers in the world, you can't really blame people for expecting high quality battles. They brought this onto themselves. And I disagree with Pokemon fans being the "hardest fandom to please". If anything, I think most fans aren't critical enough.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's the norm to continue this endless and pointless adventuring for a goal that's incredibly undefined.

I don't see why what could be the biggest win of his career needs to be undermined though to keep him going, or Leon getting beaten by someone from gen 9, either way why does combat have to be the means of getting his attention for the new generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.