• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 26th: PM2019 122 - The Semifinals I: Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well no matter how this battle goes, Diantha is still very strong and impressive for being in the top 4 in the WORLD and beating a champion of 2 regions.
All this while being a world known actress and a model <3

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Hoenn league kind of had 6v6s in an episode, but they started in one and finished in the other

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Leon stomping Diantha, we all saw coming. But there are ways to shake it up and get a message across.

One way is to have Leon act different from the first fight. With Alain, Leon practically deemed him a non-threat, using his Gigantimax opportunity purely for crowd-pleasing. He was comfortable, he was in his element, he was lightly jabbing around during matches 2 and 3, he was king.

Now that he sees what Ash is capable of though, that throne is not looking so secure. His frowning face in the end of his battle basically confirmed it, he thinks Ash is a genuine threat to him now. So just play up on that. Have him laser-focused on beating Diantha decisively: no tricks, no japes, just an all-out "overwhelming" wipeout. He needs to show Ash that he is not going to lose to him in the finals no matter what.

Good battles can bend to the need for good characterization, and if Diantha has to be smoked to show Leon being apprehensive for what's coming next, then fine by me.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Leon stomping Diantha, we all saw coming. But there are ways to shake it up and get a message across.

One way is to have Leon act different from the first fight. With Alain, Leon practically deemed him a non-threat, using his Gigantimax opportunity purely for crowd-pleasing. He was comfortable, he was in his element, he was lightly jabbing around during matches 2 and 3, he was king.

Now that he sees what Ash is capable of though, that throne is not looking so secure. His frowning face in the end of his battle basically confirmed it, he thinks Ash is a genuine threat to him now. So just play up on that. Have him laser-focused on beating Diantha decisively: no tricks, no japes, just an all-out "overwhelming" wipeout. He needs to show Ash that he is not going to lose to him in the finals no matter what.

Good battles can bend to the need for good characterization, and if Diantha has to be smoked to show Leon being apprehensive for what's coming next, then fine by me.
Yeah, and Leon beating Diantha easily while Ash struggles against Cynthia is a good setup for the possible self-doubt arc

AuraKshatriya

Well no matter how this battle goes, Diantha is still very strong and impressive for being in the top 4 in the WORLD and beating a champion of 2 regions.
All this while being a world known actress and a model <3
To be fair, she narrowly beat someone her entire team had a type advantage over with screens up on top of it.
If she were in a similar situation against Steven, just based on type alone, it would be hard to imagine it being so even. So in terms of actual skill and power, Lance isn't necessarily below her - he just had a bad matchup.

She may even have a harder time against Leon than Lance did. Hard to tell at this point. Ranks 5-2 could probably all do decently well against each other, matchups aside.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Leon seriously going all out against Diantha!!!

Leon hates the poor French

Well he is british, and british have a long unhealthy rivalrywith the french.

Sinnoh Ash

Electrifying Hair
If this title is true and not just a deception, I can only think that the most Ash would be able to do in a finals battle against Leon would be taking it to a draw at most which many might not like. Like maybe the writers think Ash can only continue his journey in the next gen is to not win the PWC, you know like not winning leagues for so long because they didn't know what to write if he were to win one. However, I'm sure they at least want Ash to be the first ever to knock out Leon's Charizard even if it means a draw is the best they can do with that goal in mind. Leon would still be considered the Champion of Champions cause that's how draws tend to work in media.

But yeah if Diantha loses while Leon still has 2 Pokemon like he did with Alain, this is the closest outcome I can see for Ash, a draw. If she does bring him down to his last Pokemon and causes Charizard at least a little bit of trouble then I'll have more hope Ash can actually win in the finals. This is all assuming he makes it to the finals of course xD

Still think this might be a decepting title though, it feels too spoilery. It might just mean Leon sends out Charizard first which is why he's on his way to an "overwhelming victory" over Diantha until she brings out Gardevoir which finally pushes back Charizard and forces Leon to recall him for later. She might lose 2 Pokemon before then but maybe they were able to put up defenses that makes her battles easier in the long term like she did with Lance with Reflect and Light Screen. Might even pull out a toxic spikes or stealth rock situation.

Ash will not leave. After he battles Leon (win or loose) he will age and his kid will take over, but Ash will still be in the show helping his kid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.