• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 26th: PM2019 122 - The Semifinals I: Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sweep
Blitz
Slobberknocker
Rout
Kazuya Mishima
GG No Re

Pick a term for it, and shoo out the clown.
Lmao @ Kazuya Mishima. Pokken was a tease for this episode.

Xuxuba

If Ash wins, or makes Leon work for his victory, it reflects only on Lance being dumb with strategy and the Kalos region just being way overhyped
And that is part of their job as a trainer, so yeah it does reflect badly on him too.

The fact he is the strongest trainer of 2 regions doesn't exactly help either.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Ouch

He’s one of Professor Sakuragi’s assistants, the blond one with the glasses.
I respect your opinion and you liking that teenager
But for me he is super bland and un interesting
But as I said, respect your opinion

nuzamaki90

Was this confirmed? Didn't Wallace just become a Gym Leader?
Nothing was shown besides Wallace saying his skills are on par with Steven’s. Just like Iris and Alder you’re just supposed to use your context clues.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Nothing was shown besides Wallace saying his skills are on par with Steven’s. Just like Iris and Alder you’re just supposed to use your context clues.
I mean one of them actually said they defeated the current Champion (wether or not that was Alder is up for debate but he was show in the episode). Although I guess you could assume Steven beat Wallace but I never came that conclusion

nuzamaki90

I mean one of them actually said they defeated the current Champion (wether or not that was Alder is up for debate but he was show in the episode). Although I guess you could assume Steven beat Wallace but I never came that conclusion
Well no. Iris says that Haxorus was the one who won her the battle that let her become Champion, but we have no idea who exactly it is that she battled. It’s not even specifically said that she battled a Champion in order to obtain the title. But since we all played or at least know what happens in BW2 we can rightfully assume it was Alder. It’s no different with Steven and Wallace. In fact, Steven was the one who willingly gave Wallace the Champion position in the games so he could go on a journey to explore the world.

Sham

Well no. Iris says that Haxorus was the one who won her the battle that let her become Champion, but we have no idea who exactly it is that she battled. It’s not even specifically said that she battled a Champion in order to obtain the title. But since we all played or at least know what happens in BW2 we can rightfully assume it was Alder. It’s no different with Steven and Wallace. In fact, Steven was the one who willingly gave Wallace the Champion position in the games so he could go on a journey to explore the world.
Sorry maybe I should of corrected myself. What I meant to say is Iris battled somebody for her title while we have no confirmation that Steven did. Not exactly battling another Champion but battling somebody

Also correct me if I’m wrong but you don’t need to compete in a leauge to be Champion right? I don’t think anybody here believes Iris and Steven have badges right?

Pepito Chillito

We'll probably never find out and the writers probably haven't thought this far ahead but it does make me think that if Alain has a better showing vs Leon than Diantha, then maybe Alain didn't even bother with the E4 challenge after he won the league but was very capable of becoming champion had he intended to do so. His motivation for entering the league was merely to battle Ash, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he didn't take the E4 challenge.

nuzamaki90

Sorry maybe I should of corrected myself. What I meant to say is Iris battled somebody for her title while we have no confirmation that Steven did. Not exactly battling another Champion but battling somebody
Wallace saying that his skills are on par with Steven’s definitely implies they’ve battled at least once in some capacity. I don’t think there’s ever been a case in the anime that someone was just given the title besides Ash and that’s because Alola didn’t have a Champion to begin with. I don’t see much of a reason to think that could be a possibility.

Sham

Wallace saying that his skills are on par with Steven’s definitely implies they’ve battled at least once in some capacity. I don’t think there’s ever been a case in the anime that someone was just given the title besides Ash and that’s because Alola didn’t have a Champion to begin with. I don’t see much of a reason to think that could be a possibility.
Yeah that’s what I asked and wanted to know . Did the anime like ever say you needed to complete a league before you actually become a champion? I’ve never been of the opinion she actually beat a league?

I mean idk her winning a league and collecting badges didn’t cross my mind since that wasn’t her goal but Steven idk

nuzamaki90

Yeah that’s what I asked and wanted to know . Did the anime like ever say you needed to complete a league before you actually become a champion? I’ve never been of the opinion she actually beat a league?

I mean idk her winning a league and collecting badges didn’t cross my mind since that wasn’t her goal but Steven idk
There’s never been a case in the anime where someone has became a Champion without having to compete in some type of League-sanctioned tournament. Even Leon had to do it.

I think the only example of someone becoming a Champion without having to compete in a League or battling another Champion is Mustard, and that’s only because Galar didn’t have a Champion at that point so he and Opal, who were both Gym Leaders at that time, had a title match.

Sham

There’s never been a case in the anime where someone has became a Champion without having to compete in some type of League-sanctioned tournament. Even Leon had to do it.

I think the only example of someone becoming a Champion without having to compete in a League or battling another Champion is Mustard, and that’s only because Galar didn’t have a Champion at that point so he and Opal, who were both Gym Leaders at that time, had a title match.
The games (specifically Let’s Go with Brock) explain that Gym Leaders can challenge the Champion at any point and they must accept it (which makes sense since the Elite Four can do it) and so I just assumed that via training under Drayden and his offer that’s how Iris got to Alder. It just makes more sense than her going on a badge quest.

It’s possible that Steven possibly got beaten by Wallace at some point since he’s a Gym Leader and then later on the same thing happened but reversed and that’s why he’s Champion again

Edit: this part

FZW1AxpXkAEXHql

FZW1AxrXkAAQsqo

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

The games (specifically Let’s Go with Brock) explain that Gym Leaders can challenge the Champion at any point and they must accept it (which makes sense since the Elite Four can do it) and so I just assumed that via training under Drayden and his offer that’s how Iris got to Alder. It just makes more sense than her going on a badge quest.

It’s possible that Steven possibly got beaten by Wallace at some point since he’s a Gym Leader and then later on the same thing happened but reversed and that’s why he’s Champion again
The thing is Let’s Go is kind of a weird alternate retelling of the original story, so it’s not very accurate to use as a reference. In the games Iris is said to have gone through rigorous training with Drayden before accepting Alder’s invitation while the anime Drayden says her travels and experiences with Dragon trainers around the world eventually lead to her becoming Unova’s strongest. That’s because the anime didn’t use Alder’s subplot in BW of being a vagabond who’s grown desensitized from his Champion position due to his partner’s death.

And speaking of Alder, I just now remembered he is in fact the only trainer who got their title without having to go through any sort of League or Champion title match. The League Commission went out and offered him the position personally. So with that being said, maybe someone actually did just get handed their position, however going off of Wallace and Drayden’s dialogue I don’t think it was Steven or Iris.

Sham

The thing is Let’s Go is kind of a weird alternate retelling of the original story, so it’s not very accurate to use as a reference. In the games Iris is said to have gone through rigorous training with Drayden before accepting Alder’s invitation while the anime Drayden says her travels and experiences with Dragon trainers around the world eventually lead to her becoming Unova’s strongest. That’s because the anime didn’t use Alder’s subplot in BW of being a vagabond who’s grown desensitized from his Champion position due to his partner’s death.

And speaking of Alder, I just now remembered he is in fact the only trainer who got their title without having to go through any sort of League or Champion title match. The League Commission went out and offered him the position personally. So with that being said, maybe someone actually did just get handed their position, however going off of Wallace and Drayden’s dialogue I don’t think it was Steven or Iris.
In the anime (this was butchered in the dub) Iris called Drayden “sensei” so at the very least he was teaching her something.

Also don’t think Let’s Go would stretch that far because it’s an alternate universe. The same could be said about USUM but basic facts about battling should remain the same including Gym/Trials.

If Iris did accept Drayden’s offer of becoming a Gym Leader (which happened) or simply trained under him than she’s entitled towards challenging Alder, same as Flint with Cynthia or Lucian and Aaron but don’t think she was collecting badges since it seems out of character but this is subjective

Oh yea, anime Alder was a waste. You could be right though, Steven could have collected badges and defeated Wallace but because the anime is vague so who knows

Oh yea, anime Alder was a waste. You could be right though, Steven could have collected badges and defeated Wallace but because the anime is vague who knows
Lysandre calls Steven as Pokémon League Champion, so nazumaki is right, Steven got all 8 badges.

Sham

Lysandre calls Steven as Pokémon League Champion, so nazumaki is right, Steven got all 8 badges.
Every video game calls them a “Pokémon league Champion” but it’s not confirmed in the games did Steven/Cynthia/Iris/Diantha win a league (mostly because it doesn’t exist) but still

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Typically, to become a Regional Champion like those found in the Masters Eight one has to win the Regional League and then the Champion League. Considering how much older than Satoshi most of the other champions are it doesn't surprise me that they all at one point managed to collect eight badges, win the Regional League and then win their region's Champion League.

Status
Not open for further replies.